Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic. Almost anything goes.

i GOT a sea doo

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2006, 10:44 AM
Default i GOT a sea doo

this weekend i am picking up a seadoo from new york while im there for a wedding. It was my uncles. no idea whay a guy in queens has a seadoo, it only got used twice. my house is about to be done being built and it is a 5 minute drive to gunpowder state park. i am picking it up for 1000 bucks with the trailer and my cousin said it need a new starter. i seen them on ebay past auctions needing a rebuilt engine and selling for 2000 and up. i never had a seadoo before and cant wait. i need to start looking for the information on how to register and get licenced.

anybody know anything about these things. oh yeah it a 1996 Seadoo XP800 with a port and polished head, intakes, and exhaust. they said this thing flies. it has about 200 hours on it and my uncle is the second owner.

man i cant wait to get that thing

Old 05-02-2006, 04:17 PM
Senior Administrator
Default RE: im getting a sea doo

Hey! If you lose it, and slam into teh side of a 40' skiff @ 40kts... I promise I'll write a nice poem lamenting your passing and hearlding ALL teh great things you've accomplished, in your life, but... Can I have your car?

j/k 9unless you rilly DO, then, umm.. yeah, can I?)

I know diddly about PWC's, but, Enjoy!

Old 05-02-2006, 05:01 PM
Site Moderator

I also have a 96 seadoo xp 800... Fastest ive gotten mine was about 65. Which on the water...in tthat small thing..is fast. I think its still one of the best performing jet skis out there. The ones now adays are much bigger and bulkier. They have speed... but theyre more like a boat and not as fun in my opinion as they lose agility and plow through most waves as opposed to being able to jump then. The ones now are much more suited for bigger water. And mine is perfect for the minnesota lakes. We also have a 95 spi. Its alright, but not as nice as the xp.

Lots of fun man... now you gotta learn the tricks with em... Not as many as you can do with a stand up...we have a 90 kawasaki 650 sx thats awesome when it runs...but very difficult.

*note.. if youve never driven one before.. You MUST APPLY the gas to turn. If your coming at an object, do not shut off the engine and try to turn..it doesnt work that way... It seems common knowledge but to people who havent ridden its instinct. I had a budy last summer who ran into the dock trying to spray his gf cause of this on another friends jet ski and totalled it. Luckily he only needed stitches.

Old 05-02-2006, 10:50 PM
4th Gear

jet skis r awesome, i want one so bad but i cant afford one so i just use my friends

Old 05-02-2006, 11:44 PM
Administrator

congrats on the new toy.. take it down to your DMV or RMV, and start by getting the title transfered to your name, that should get it registered and legal.. I highly suggest taking a Personal Water Craft safety course before riding.. there are some things im sure you will want to know.

Old 05-03-2006, 01:57 PM

yeah i started taking a safety course online and it isnt easy. I took the test first without any studying and got 60 something percent out of 50 questions. You need a 80 percent to pass. i am doing the course work now and plan on getting 100 on the next. Im MD it is a law to take the safety course. I am so psyche about this thing. what really sucks is that it will be 2 weekends before i can ride.

also last month i planned a camping trip from may 19-21st and the park we are going to allows jet ski's. So we are gonna be camping, jet-skiing, and 4 wheeling. this summer is starting to look awesome. also my other uncle has a boat he wants to sell for 1500 with the trailer. It is a 1983 larson 5500, which is a open bow and 17ft long with outboard motors.(man i am doing good research, i wouldnt have a clue what any of the things i just said was yesterday.) I am gonna get the jet-ski this weekend and then the boat next time i go to ny. summer is looking to be really sweet!!

Old 05-03-2006, 02:20 PM
Administrator

sweet.. party at your place!!! Sounds like your toy collection is really going to be growing

Old 05-03-2006, 03:24 PM

i know its insane. ive been showing people here in the office the brochure i pulled for the larson archives about the boat im getting and they cant believe a 25 year old has all this crap. by by no stretch am i rich i just get lucky with findind deals. and anytime anyone wants to come over and play its all good, the more the better. The launch ramp is under a 5 min drive from my new house and i can go on a whim. it sux most of you guys are so far[:'(].

im doing more research into the boat and it seems super complicated to deal with but i think it is worth it and hey even if i use it this summer and dont like it, i can always sell it and prolly not take a loss.

Old 05-03-2006, 04:53 PM
2nd Gear

ORIGINAL: sooks

I also have a 96 seadoo xp 800... Fastest ive gotten mine was about 65. Which on the water...in tthat small thing..is fast. I think its still one of the best performing jet skis out there. The ones now adays are much bigger and bulkier. They have speed... but theyre more like a boat and not as fun in my opinion as they lose agility and plow through most waves as opposed to being able to jump then. The ones now are much more suited for bigger water. And mine is perfect for the minnesota lakes. We also have a 95 spi. Its alright, but not as nice as the xp.

Lots of fun man... now you gotta learn the tricks with em... Not as many as you can do with a stand up...we have a 90 kawasaki 650 sx thats awesome when it runs...but very difficult.

*note.. if youve never driven one before.. You MUST APPLY the gas to turn. If your coming at an object, do not shut off the engine and try to turn..it doesnt work that way... It seems common knowledge but to people who havent ridden its instinct. I had a budy last summer who ran into the dock trying to spray his gf cause of this on another friends jet ski and totalled it. Luckily he only needed stitches.
What lake are you on? or what lake do you ride on?

Old 05-04-2006, 03:28 AM
3rd Gear

Congrats...skis are fun!