Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic. Almost anything goes.

I got rid of my Xterra and got...

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2010, 12:49 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by mctavish11
Eh. The price on this was much better...
you always get what you pay for.

Old 04-21-2010, 11:18 PM

Originally Posted by esandes
you always get what you pay for.
Yea. that is true. and in this specific case the amt. i paid for this "new" car, with warranty and prepaid maintenance was a much better deal that the used audi's I was looking at in the same price range. Weighed every available option I had, shopped around alot, and landed on the perfect car for what I do, what I will use it for, perfect price, got a great deal on the extras like the extended warranty and maintenance package. So what I paid for, will pay back in return for a long time.

Old 04-21-2010, 11:22 PM

Originally Posted by kriptonik

And all red - looks good with the black IMO

Hard decision. I'm leaning towards liking the lights on the white STI, only because my car has the light gray trim piece on the bottom of front and rear bumper, and the door handles. That inner clear piece might help blend in, but the all reds are sick.. idk... ill take my time and shop around until i find exactly what I want. I'm in no rush.

Old 04-21-2010, 11:44 PM
Administrator

Yeah, take your time buddy. Just giving you ideas. I've seen those two lights in person and to be honest, it's hard to decided which one I like better. Instead of buying brand new lights, I think you should do a DIY using red vinyl. It's a lot cheaper and if you get sick and bored of the look, you can always change it up.

Old 04-22-2010, 10:59 AM
Banned

Yea. that is true. and in this specific case the amt. i paid for this "new" car, with warranty and prepaid maintenance was a much better deal that the used audi's I was looking at in the same price range. Weighed every available option I had, shopped around alot, and landed on the perfect car for what I do, what I will use it for, perfect price, got a great deal on the extras like the extended warranty and maintenance package. So what I paid for, will pay back in return for a long time.
such simpleton thinking. an audi is not a subaru. you think that both cars are equal, with only the initial purchase price being different.

Old 04-22-2010, 01:01 PM

Originally Posted by kriptonik
Yeah, take your time buddy. Just giving you ideas. I've seen those two lights in person and to be honest, it's hard to decided which one I like better. Instead of buying brand new lights, I think you should do a DIY using red vinyl. It's a lot cheaper and if you get sick and bored of the look, you can always change it up.
ya for sure. Well wee. First I wanna get the windows tinted, buy a new hu. Prolly another kenwood like I had in the x, and an amp, alpine pdx5. I already have the focal components and coax for front and rear, and JL 10w3v2 that I want a stealth box made for.

Originally Posted by esandes
such simpleton thinking. an audi is not a subaru. you think that both cars are equaL, with only the initial purchase price being different.
I do? I see you have mastered the art of coming to rash and I'll informed conslusions about ppl you know nothing about. obviously a subie is
not an Audi, WTF? U really thought that necessary? I had an Audi, wanted
something else, my choice man. Congrats on judgements! Have a yodel. .

Old 04-22-2010, 02:04 PM
AudiForums WilkommenVagen Direktor

Yodels? You are completely clueless. You simpleton!

Swiss Cake Rolls are obviously far superior to your Yodels in every possible way!

(sarcasm off)

I used to have a Subie 2.5T Legacy wagon. Great mechanicals. Definitely a sleeper. Seat cushions were wayyy too short for my 6' 1" frame though. Very uncomfortable on long trips. I hear they have since redesigned them.

FWIW I like the tails on the white car

Old 04-22-2010, 03:40 PM

Originally Posted by 02A6Beau
Yodels? You are completely clueless. You simpleton!

Swiss Cake Rolls are obviously far superior to your Yodels in every possible way!

FWIW I like the tails on the white car
You completely missed the point. Thats Why I posted the Yodel... Swiss Cake Rolls are in fact hella more superior, but he wasn't good enough for one, therefore he gets a yodel

Yea, white car tails are what i've been liking the more and more I look at the pics.

I'll be driving back home this weekend, about a 3.5 hour trip, ill see how well i like the car on a distance drive. so far on the freeways around here i have loved it, im still breaking it in so I havent romped it yet. that'll come with time.

Old 04-23-2010, 11:35 AM
Banned

I do? I see you have mastered the art of coming to rash and I'll informed conslusions about ppl you know nothing about. obviously a subie is
not an Audi, WTF? U really thought that necessary? I had an Audi, wanted
something else, my choice man. Congrats on judgements! Have a yodel.
all i know about you is you're just another cheapskate buying a cheap car. if you can't afford an audi, don't bother implying a subaru is a comparable compromise. go to subaruforums.com.

i'm not sure what a yodel is but you can cram one for me.

Old 04-23-2010, 01:28 PM
Tech Guru

Is the e-battle really necessary here? I'm not a Subie fan by any stretch of the imagination but you have to go with the best deal available. He wasn't saying a Sube was comparable to an Audi, just that the deal he got on one was far better than he could get for the four rings. No reason to be trying to push his **** in here brother.

Quick Reply: I got rid of my Xterra and got...