Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic. Almost anything goes.

I got rid of my Xterra and got...

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2010, 10:08 AM
Default I got rid of my Xterra and got...

Bought a brand new 2010 Subaru Impreza Outback Sport. I love it. It will fit my needs perfectly, plus get a lil better mpg.

It was sweet, they had to unwrap it for me, like a present. ppl looked at my funny cuz i test drove it with it partially still wrapped up.

I took my time and thought about it a lot, it was a hard decision, but i have no regrets. I looked around at Audi's, but the deal I got on this car was perfect, plus it fits my needs perfectly, surf / snow / better mpg than my X or the allroad I had before the X

Name:  photo.jpg
Views: 15
Size:  67.1 KB
Name:  photo2.jpg
Views: 21
Size:  82.1 KB
First wash... gotta detail it asap.
Name:  P1010677.jpg
Views: 20
Size:  63.4 KB
Name:  P1010676.jpg
Views: 18
Size:  91.7 KB
Name:  P1010674.jpg
Views: 16
Size:  79.0 KB

My plans for the OBS:
-Springs (the OBS sits just a hint higher than the base impreza/wrx, they did that for a slight improvement on ground clearance) so I wanna find some springs, possibly WRX springs, not that the car looks bad as it is, and I like the extra clearance for the snow when it comes, but putting it down to WRX level, which is prolly a 0.5 inch?? I haven't researched yet would be sweet. A family friend is a die hard subie addict, he has a sick WRX and is in very tight (was going to go in with them but **** happened) with what was PDX tuning, name changed, but they are in Portland Or. A huge Subie mod club/company, so ill go there and see what can be done, idk yet. worth looking into.
-Stereo. Had kenwood DDX514 in X, gunna stay with Kenwood for this car, I love them. Plus, the Focals I got for my X that I never got around to installing, will fit in this car (6.5 components in front, coax in rears)
-tint windows
-3m paint protection
-hood bug deflector
-Since the car is two tone, I want to find wheels that match the Dark Gray Metallic. would look sick.

Old 04-19-2010, 11:49 AM
Super Moderator

Nice **** broski

Old 04-19-2010, 02:10 PM
Administrator

Congrats man! What happened to the A3 though. We talked about this!

You should skip the tint and keep it fishbowl status.

Old 04-19-2010, 06:16 PM
Tech Guru

It looks slick and I'm glad you finally found something that works for you even though you've crossed over to the "dark side."

Old 04-20-2010, 12:25 AM

Originally Posted by kriptonik
Congrats man! What happened to the A3 though. We talked about this!

You should skip the tint and keep it fishbowl status.
Eh. The price on this was much better. Plus if I ever get an A3, I want TDI... But whats the point of driving an audi with FWD... Nothing, its just an overpriced VW! haha..

Old 04-20-2010, 12:26 AM
5th Gear

yeah wtf on the A3 bro? i gotta admit i like the way those things handle though. do you have the power control for rear and front? i say drop it and go either gold wheels or black. i hate those tail lights though, ugh.

Old 04-20-2010, 08:28 PM

Originally Posted by hiwords
yeah wtf on the A3 bro? i gotta admit i like the way those things handle though. do you have the power control for rear and front? i say drop it and go either gold wheels or black. i hate those tail lights though, ugh.
What about the WTF on the A3? If i were to get one I would want a TDI. But they only come in FWD. An audio w/o quattro is just a VW. thats all I was saying.

No power control for diff's. Well, the plan is to put lowering springs in, tint windows, possible powdercoat wheels (or buy new) black or gret to match the trim, and then look into smoked tails so match the heads.

Old 04-20-2010, 10:55 PM
Administrator

Instead of doing smoked, you should do all read tails.

Old 04-20-2010, 11:02 PM

Originally Posted by kriptonik
Instead of doing smoked, you should do all read tails.
yea i've thought about that too... I like the idea of smoked with the rest of the car being darker tones, but... that chrome strip that connects the tail lights and houses the Subaru emblem is kind of a problem, it would be hard to put smoked and that strip side-by-side.

Red would look sick. I do like the LED's though. I think they look slick. Just not so sure about the clear. With the current wheel color, and the silver trim pieces on the front, rear, and door handles, the clears look fine, but darkening the car up, it might look odd, we'll see...Gotta do some picture shopping and see what I like

Old 04-20-2010, 11:16 PM
Administrator

And all red - looks good with the black IMO

Last edited by kriptonik; 04-20-2010 at 11:19 PM.

Quick Reply: I got rid of my Xterra and got...