Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic. Almost anything goes.

I don't understand corporate decision making?

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-2006, 03:29 PM
1st Gear
Default I don't understand corporate decision making?

Ok I work for a multi billion dollar company that in the world leader in its product. It seems like HQ has no idea what is going on at their plants.

My gripe is that during school I was learing tons of 3-D cad programs and even learned how to use AutoCAD in highschool(which owned 30 copies of it). The 1 plant that I happend to work for is the only plant they have that does not use AutoCAD for their engr. dept. We have some severly outdate system. It works just fine for drawing and I'm starting to catch on to all the shortcuts and stuff to make it work well but it has damn near zero compatibility with AutoCAD, which every other plant and HQ uses.

They won't buy us AutoCAD so if we need a print for parts from outside vendors or HQ they send them via AutoCAD format. Which we can't open up!!!. We have to get them mailed or use .pdf printouts that we can't make revisions to in our system. The excuse is that we have a system already and don't need a new one. What a crock of BS. This has been a fight for many years but i guess the 30k it takes for us to do our job is better spent remodeling offices. Hell even 1 copy we could put on the extra comp just to print stuff out insead of waiting a day for UPS to ship it.

Oh, and if you think we should have all the drawings for our machinery in our plant, we do. In AutoCAD format b/c the company that built it used AutoCAD.

/rant off

At least its friday.

Yeah i just got the breakdown for next years budget and plans. Didn't see the money for adding a window to my cubical. bummed out. Just think instead of spending all day wasting time staring at a wall i could stare at a corn field. j/k

Old 11-03-2006, 03:33 PM
Default RE: I don't understand corporate decision making?

i like how u dont say what company.lol

Corn field? hmmm John Deere???

Old 11-03-2006, 03:46 PM
1st Gear

ORIGINAL: mbz300sdl

i like how u dont say what company.lol

Corn field? hmmm John Deere???
lol, not that prestigious but we are a wire mfg. so unless you work for John Deere's purchasing dept you haven't heard of us.

Old 11-03-2006, 04:00 PM
4th Gear

I often wonder what makes someone qualified to manage? But I feel your pain, mate - thank gawd, I'm the boss of this outfit... hang in there maybe someone in the puzzle palace they call HQ, might find a clue over the weekend

Old 11-03-2006, 11:13 PM
4th Gear

Yeah, you pretty much hit it right on the head.

ORIGINAL: Chingy

Ok I work for a multi billion dollar company that in the world leader in its product. It seems like HQ has no idea what is going on at their plants.

My gripe is that during school I was learing tons of 3-D cad programs and even learned how to use AutoCAD in highschool(which owned 30 copies of it). The 1 plant that I happend to work for is the only plant they have that does not use AutoCAD for their engr. dept. We have some severly outdate system. It works just fine for drawing and I'm starting to catch on to all the shortcuts and stuff to make it work well but it has damn near zero compatibility with AutoCAD, which every other plant and HQ uses.

They won't buy us AutoCAD so if we need a print for parts from outside vendors or HQ they send them via AutoCAD format. Which we can't open up!!!. We have to get them mailed or use .pdf printouts that we can't make revisions to in our system. The excuse is that we have a system already and don't need a new one. What a crock of BS. This has been a fight for many years but i guess the 30k it takes for us to do our job is better spent remodeling offices. Hell even 1 copy we could put on the extra comp just to print stuff out insead of waiting a day for UPS to ship it.

Oh, and if you think we should have all the drawings for our machinery in our plant, we do. In AutoCAD format b/c the company that built it used AutoCAD.

/rant off

At least its friday.

Yeah i just got the breakdown for next years budget and plans. Didn't see the money for adding a window to my cubical. bummed out. Just think instead of spending all day wasting time staring at a wall i could stare at a corn field. j/k

Old 11-04-2006, 04:35 AM
Site Moderator/Ninja

that... and the "overhead" cost of installing & implementing the new software & programs etc. etc.

[&:] so much corporate red tape