Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic. Almost anything goes.

I am an idiot.

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-2010, 12:46 PM
1st Gear
Default I am an idiot.

I just ran into my sister's car in the driveway. i can't believe i didnt even see her parked right behind me a little to the right, i glanced real quick in my mirror and idk if i was listening to music or what but i just spaced out and hit her.

this is so depressing right now. idk even know if insurance is going to cover this its a lot of damage to mine and hers.

what a great memorial day!#$!#!

Old 05-31-2010, 01:19 PM
Administrator

Pics?

Old 05-31-2010, 01:45 PM
1st Gear

my sis car:

mine:

this is so damn depressing. i can't even stop thinking about it lol

Old 05-31-2010, 02:31 PM
Senior Administrator

We should make this into an *Official* "I'm an Idiot" thread, so others can share their facepalm moments, too. I know *I* have MORE than my share of stupititty I cud tell.

Insurance shud cover, as long as there was a driver in at least one of the cars. If you somehow manage to convince them there were NO drivers involved, it might be a bit harder to get them to pay for repairs. I don't suppose it was especially windy, where you are, today, was it?!?!?

Old 05-31-2010, 02:44 PM
1st Gear

hahaha. thanks for making me feel a little better. i thought i was the only one who has done something this damn stupid.

the only problem is i really dont want to drive it like this, hahaha. probably gonna take it into the shop and hopefully we'll get a rental car.

Old 05-31-2010, 03:40 PM
Senior Administrator

I've tol this one here, before...

Once, after putting a tankfull of cheap gas (sometimes you have no choice... I don't normally use cheap gas) in my Opel (Calibra, Turbo - MAN I miss that car!!!), bombin down the A5 'bahn, north, on my way home it started stuttering and eventually shut down on me. Got it re-started and a few miles down teh road it started stumbling, again, so I pulled off to the shoulder. Popped the hood and the down-pipe was WHITE-HOT!!! A quick peak under the car, where there as a thin tendril of smoke waifting up from revealed one of the rubber stays that holds teh exhaust pipe was slightly on FIRE! I quickly shut the engine down and went into the back and grabbed the first thing I could find that was liquid... A bottle of windshild-washer fluid concentrate. Off with teh top and a quick poke through the safety seal and I started splashing it on the flames... Only to have the flames get BIGGER!!! It apparently slipped my mind that windshild-washer fluid is alcohol-based. DOH!!! Now I hadda PUSH my car back away from the flaming ground, and I STILL had to find a way to put out the burning rubber underneath my car! Considered pissing on it, but dismissed that as impractical. Found a towel and smothered them.

Started teh car (Miraculously), and drove home on the B-roads...

Dry-gas for three tanks, along with gassing up at known gas stations and my cat was fine (apparently crud in the gas accumulated at the cat and clogged the exhaust).

Kids, remember: Windshiled-washer fluid is ALCOHOL-BASED!!!

Old 05-31-2010, 08:31 PM
Administrator

^ So I can start drinking wiper fluids? Holy crap, WalMart, here I come.

OP - Yup, it happens to the best of us. Don't worry about it too much. I thought there was bigger damage but it doesn't look too bad from the pics. Now you hve an excuse to paint your lowers.

Old 05-31-2010, 08:58 PM
1st Gear

Originally Posted by kriptonik
^ So I can start drinking wiper fluids? Holy crap, WalMart, here I come.

OP - Yup, it happens to the best of us. Don't worry about it too much. I thought there was bigger damage but it doesn't look too bad from the pics. Now you hve an excuse to paint your lowers.
what do you mean paint my lowers? lol

im really hoping it's not some crazy amount of money. idk what the car is worth kbb wise at the moment, but i really am hoping they dont deem the car totaled........you never know with how much body work costs.

im no expert but i doubt it'll be totaled. at least lets hope!

Old 05-31-2010, 08:59 PM
6th Gear

it's fine it happens, a few years ago my mom backed into my Audi and destroyed the hood, as In we had to pry the hood open, and her freestyle only got a few scratches on the bumper, insurance covered it and we all moved on. you'll be fine.

Old 05-31-2010, 09:41 PM
Super Moderator

You damage is roughly $1,500. Not close to being totaled! Insurance will cover it, you will pay for your deductible and that's it, all will be good and you move on.

Quick Reply: I am an idiot.