Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic. Almost anything goes.

How's Your Day?

Search this Thread

Old 11-02-2009, 03:39 PM

Originally Posted by kriptonik
AutoUnionFan - Congrats on the interview. Movin' up in the society I see! Do I smell plane tickets for everybody to DC, arranged Q7 limos, and free mansion housings?
Im insisting on a free BAT setup as a condition of employment. I will have to insert some perks for all AF memebers in my contract as well

Havnt ate a single thing today, I am so hungry and looking forward to an early dinner. Maybe we will use the grill while the weather is nice.

Old 11-02-2009, 03:55 PM
Tech Guru

^ I fully support your use of the grill. I also think you should define a proper BAT setup as the suits that are hiring you will probably think you're talking about a Louisville Slugger. Good luck!!

Old 11-04-2009, 03:31 AM
Administrator

How did the grilling go?

I'm giving today a 6/10. Could be a lot better. Hope tomorrow's gonna bring some smiles to my face.

Anyway, I'm still not used to the whole daylight savings thing.

Old 11-04-2009, 03:55 PM
Administrator

Not a good day today. I think I'm getting sick.

Sore throat, stuffy nose.

FML!

Old 11-05-2009, 05:58 AM
Administrator

Yup, today (or yesterday) was a 3/10. Caught the flu and felt like crap the whole day. Gonna take it easy tomorrow and rest up.

Hope to feel better by Friday.

Old 11-05-2009, 11:48 AM

Grilled some marinated chicken and broccoli. Pretty good. For the broccoli, chopped it up and put into a aluminum tray; salt, fresh peppar, and olive oil, the stalks are the best part...mmmm.

This weekend we are going to use a boston butt (with the bone) to make some spicy pulled pork in a crockpot. The key is to sear the butt before you put it in the pot, then deglaze the pan and put that in the pot too. Add some spice, onions, diced green chiles, and let slow cook all day. Remove pork, let it slide off the bone, and shred it with a fork. Pour suace in pan and reduce. Then put it all back in the pot. Dont forget the buns. Its hard to explain how good this can tatse.

Old 11-05-2009, 08:49 PM
Administrator

^ Man, that sounds so good but for some reason it doesn't water my mouth. I guess I've lost my appetite because of this darn fever.

I'm giving today a 2/10. It would've been a 1/10 but I'm not that much of a downer plus I guess I caught up on much needed rest. Felt like crap the whole day with constant headaches, stuffy nose, and usual fever.

Gosh, I hate being sick.

Old 11-05-2009, 09:01 PM
Tech Guru

Try Emergen'C. You can buy it at Wal-Mart or Walgreens or where ever. It'll perk you right up.

Old 11-05-2009, 09:06 PM
Administrator

^ Thanks man. I'll try that and let you know.

Been just taking some Alka-Seltzer for temporary relief. It's not working very well.

Thanks again. I'm gonna go pick some up soon.

Old 11-05-2009, 09:54 PM
Administrator

Just got back from the drug store with that EnergenC stuff. It's the one with honey and such right?

Hope it works.

Thanks again man!