Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic. Almost anything goes.

How's Your Day?

Search this Thread

Old 11-24-2009, 01:03 PM
Administrator

Hopefully today will be a productive day.

So far it's a 8/10. Beautiful weather and just overall happy day for me.

It's weird how there are times I wake up angry and often times happy.

Old 11-24-2009, 05:15 PM
5th Gear

10/10 You get that? TEN OF TEN.

I haven't signed any paperwork yet, and I still need to do a physical and **** test (both of which I should pass w/o problem), but I was unofficially offered that machining job, which has a bazillion more perks than I get now. Always have your safety glasses and steel toes on? Here's $75 for the month. Sign off your paperwork when you finish a job? Here's another handful of money.
Look kids, we did good this year, here's a couple G's.
-almost unlimited OT, at time and a half, double time sundays, triple time holidays.
-20% shift differential for second shift
-full insurance and 401K

And according to the day guy I was talking with, you'll hear plenty of 'good job's, but they don't really ever reprimand anyone. If it takes you 3 hrs to find a mill tool, so be it, thats what it took to find it. -pretty much a direct quote. (not that I want to slack, but its good to know i can take it slow at first to be sure I'm doing it right rather than rush and make a mistake)(that happened when I started at Rennline)

Hiring engineer said that if I could start tomorrow, he'd have me start. This brings me to my only problem. Its near the end of the year. End of year = bonus. If I leave in 2 weeks (assuming 2 week notice), I may be missing out on what I feel I earned over the course of the hellish transition we made to the new building. Engineer at the new place said he can't twist my arm though, so I might just have to tell him I need to hold out until the first of the year. Sometimes I try to hard to please others and I sacrifice myself. Need to draw that line somewhere I guess.

Oh, and the car is running with the 044 pump now, but I need to do some redesigning, I think the pump is being starved by the stock pump in the tank. I ended up doing an inline with the pump in the car, its just too big to fit in the tank.

Last edited by achTTung; 11-24-2009 at 05:27 PM.
Old 11-25-2009, 01:52 PM
Administrator

^ Damn!! Good to hear.

I'm crossing my fingers for you. Hopefully all goes according to plan!

Last day before the long weekend. Kinda excited about tonight, tomorrow, and Friday.

Old 11-28-2009, 04:42 AM
Administrator

An awesome day today. Just got back from a late night work out. Did P90X (I did it halfway through) with a friend and then also did 2 miles after that.

Giving it a 9/10.

Old 11-28-2009, 11:09 AM
5th Gear

Merry Christmas!

Since my G'parents go to Florida for the winter, we have a mini-Christmas after Thanksgiving. I've been bogged down with work and trying to get my fuel pump project straight, so now I need to go try to find something reasonable like, now, so I can give it to them tonight.

Old 11-28-2009, 12:26 PM
Senior Administrator

OK, surfin for a new laptop and I came across this:
http://www.buydirectnet.net/servlet/...earchpath=3268

Almost blew milk out my nose, a I hadn't even had any milk!

Old 11-28-2009, 12:41 PM
Tech Guru

Got EBC rotors through Pep Boys for $30. Will be asking for car parts for Christmas to include: payment of the rotors, EBC or Hawk pads, Tip Chip, and maybe an H&R sway bar.

Old 12-08-2009, 05:46 AM
Administrator

It was a rainy day today.

A good day overall. Can't wait to go back up to the mountains to hit the slopes.

8/10.

Old 12-27-2009, 04:10 AM
Administrator

Been an awesome day! Actually make that an awesome week.

This week = 9/10

Old 12-27-2009, 10:47 AM
5th Gear

Originally Posted by AWDaholic
OK, surfin for a new laptop and I came across this:
http://www.buydirectnet.net/servlet/...earchpath=3268

Almost blew milk out my nose, a I hadn't even had any milk!
Price: $850
Retail $500
You Save: $-350

I laughed so hard, I peed somebody elses pants!

Been a good weekend. Make out ok for Christmas, no major FAIL presents given (was worried mom wouldn't like the 3 CD box set of 80's rock), and dad has kept his random yelling/ranting about BS to a minimum.

Oh, and I started the new machinist job last monday, and they gave me a 10lb spiral cut ham for Christmas on my first day, and they let us leave early wednesday.

I also give this week a 9/10