Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic. Almost anything goes.

How's Your Day?

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-2009, 09:25 PM
Lvl-65 Sorceress: 9,571-HP/7,796-EP

happy birthday, achTTung!!

oh wait.....not yet.

Old 11-17-2009, 09:29 PM
5th Gear

ha. I LOL'd for real.

I should postpone my b'day celebrations until the weather (and water) is warm, and then have everybody here come hang out on the boat for the weekend and get sloppy drunk.

I'll even be sure to stock non-hobo wine for those with discriminating tastes.

Old 11-18-2009, 01:53 AM
Administrator

Originally Posted by achTTung
just finished up my first night of OT for the week. Would have been out earlier, but (shhhhh) I interviewed with another company today and had to come back to the shop to put in the OT later in the afternoon.
Its not that I don't like it here, its just business. You always have to keep an eye out for better opportunities.

Also will be finishing the block Im making to split fuel from the pump to the rail and jet pump (aka the venturi loop thing I was talking about).

7/10. Im a little uneasy/nervous about the interview I had today, but otherwise good day.
I'm excited to hear the update on that interview. Crossing my fingers for you.

Not a bad day at all today. Finally had Roscoe's Chicken and Waffle for the first time ever. It wasn't too bad but it came out to be more than I expected. It was a one of a kind experience tho.

Old 11-18-2009, 01:54 AM
Administrator

Wait, it's your bday!!!

Old 11-18-2009, 02:13 PM
Administrator

Eating lunch right now.

So far it's a 8/10 with no complains really.

Old 11-18-2009, 02:17 PM

depressed for no reason. Trying to stay optimistic.

Old 11-18-2009, 08:16 PM
5th Gear

tonight I took a S.S. 1/2-13 bolt, and magically transformed it into a M12x1.5 threaded tube.

I say magically, because its friggen amazing that I managed to actually find the stuff I needed to get it done.

Really gets me, Rennline makes Porsche stuff. Porsche is european, and therefore held together by metric bits.

We has no metric bits. All the accessories we put together are done with 'standard' hardware, unless its something that needs to be attached to a factory location, then THAT part will be metric, but everything else will still be retarded.

So I found that 1/2" bolt, but you need to start with something like a .470" diameter rod to cut a 12mm thread, so I turned the bolt down on a belt sander until the die would handle it. Switched gears and attempted to clamp the bolt upright in the shittiest vise every made, and bore the center out on the bridgeport with ways that should have been retired 20 years ago. Accomplished that, so I went back and finished cutting the threads on the OD, then cut my threaded tube to length on the bandsaw with the dullest teeth in existence. The block I made last night is now attached to my fuel pump, and hopefully all I need now is a needle valve and 1-2 barbs to attach fuel lines to.

And I need to make a bracket. I wonder if I can bend titanium w/o it cracking...

9/10 today!

Old 11-20-2009, 04:43 PM
Administrator

^ Damn bro, you always do so much in a day and you make me feel so unproductive.

Anyway, not a bad day at all today. Finally got to replace the Audi's battery that had been dying for a while (my fault for leaving the radio on without the engine running).

So far a 7/10. Real excited for the weekend! What you all got planned?

Old 11-20-2009, 04:58 PM

Going to the Ravens v. Colts football game on Sunday! Plan on getting there around 8am to start tailgating

Might clean up the leaves in the yard on Saturday if it doesnt rain.

Old 11-20-2009, 05:57 PM
5th Gear

ha, well, to make you feel better, I have NOTHING planned after installing my fuel pump this weekend. I'm sleeping in until at least 10am tomorrow morning.

One more snag in the build/install process.. the ONLY place locally that carries needle valves is Ace hardware. I went there tonight to buy one, and they were all confiscated(?) earlier this week, and will be replaced wednesday with 'lead free' versions. In the meantime, I hope I can run the jet pump with no restriction, or I'll need to build some sort of restrictor for the line until I can get the needle valve to fine tune it.

6/10 for needle valve FAIL.