Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic. Almost anything goes.

How's Your Day?

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-2009, 02:33 PM
5th Gear

I'm coughing up flem. It's delightful.

Old 11-16-2009, 04:23 PM
5th Gear

Usually about mid-winter I start coughing up blood. A lot. I wouldn't worry about flem too much.

Old 11-16-2009, 04:29 PM
5th Gear

Ahh, houseboat. Well, now that it's dark out when I leave work, progress on the boat has come to a standstill.

Its been out of the water since the beginning of Oct, and I jacked a corner of the cabin back up that had its fasteners rust loose causing it to sag 3/4". Need to figure out how to harden up some plywood around a window that got wet and started to get soft so that I can attach the window properly and then finish putting up the FRP for the shower walls. A little extra bracing up near the bow and I'll be happy with it.
For normal houseboat use it wasn't a problem, but I have a tendency to try to head across the lake on days that are crappy, and my houseboat, with its low deck end up blasting thru 3-4' waves. Dont really want the cabin shifting around on the deck.

Otherwise, its winterized and will sit until spring. When it warms back up a bit, I'll coal tar the hull, and have it launched again. I'm already counting the days until spring (and I actually like winter).

Old 11-16-2009, 08:16 PM
Administrator

kolbs - Sorry to hear bro. I just got better from the flu. Get lots of rest. That's what you mostly need.

achTTung - Damn you progress quick! We need an updated picture tho. So do you live in the houseboat in the winter or do you have another place?

Old 11-16-2009, 09:25 PM
5th Gear

Flem is definitely better than blood. It still sucks, though. I was on Tussinex with codeine but it wasn't helping, so I've got another appointment tomorrow morning. Luckily I haven't had the flu yet, though.

Old 11-17-2009, 03:01 AM
Administrator

Get better soon kolbs. I think you're at the worst stage right now. It should be better after all the coughing.

Giving today a 7/10. Not a bad day overall except I can't figure out where the heck this cut on my palm came from.

Old 11-17-2009, 06:29 PM
5th Gear

Originally Posted by kriptonik
achTTung - Damn you progress quick! We need an updated picture tho. So do you live in the houseboat in the winter or do you have another place?
Staying at a friends house for the winter. Would like to eventually progress to the point where I can stay on the boat year round.

would need to-
insulate the walls (and probably floor)
add a reliable heat source
get shore power. Need bubblers/water pumps under the boat to keep the ice away. Warm water rises... until a certain temperature where a thermal inversion occurs. Its what keeps fish alive in the winter, the warm water sinks.
Churn it up with a pump or bubbles and the water on the surface stays just warm enough it cant freeze around the hull.

Old 11-17-2009, 08:24 PM
Tech Guru

I tried a new lifting supplement. It works pretty good but the rest of my day sucks. I feel lonely...

Old 11-17-2009, 08:38 PM
Administrator

^ Lonely? You wanna talk about it...

Old 11-17-2009, 08:46 PM
5th Gear

just finished up my first night of OT for the week. Would have been out earlier, but (shhhhh) I interviewed with another company today and had to come back to the shop to put in the OT later in the afternoon.
Its not that I don't like it here, its just business. You always have to keep an eye out for better opportunities.

Also will be finishing the block Im making to split fuel from the pump to the rail and jet pump (aka the venturi loop thing I was talking about).

7/10. Im a little uneasy/nervous about the interview I had today, but otherwise good day.