Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic. Almost anything goes.

How is it possible.. (help AF doctor/nurse)

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2008, 08:56 AM
4th Gear
Default How is it possible.. (help AF doctor/nurse)

To be sick this long?... Holy fu*k this is annoying.

Ok so... sick for 3-4 days, feel alot better the next day make the dumb decision to stay up late and smoke cigars with my cousin. Next day, wake up feeling like I got hit by a bomb.. 3 days after that, feeling better.. work an insane busser shift scrapping plates for hours. Back to square one, feel like total fu*king *******. And I currently hardly feel any better, just enough to go to school. I got work on Thursday-Sunday, so I gotta break this. I cough, my whole chest is fu*ked.. my throat is gone, my nose runs badly.. I can seriously blow a couple tissues of yellow snot (Only reason I'm being descriptive is for the nurse on her).. You recommend any medicine in general? I'm trying to make sure I get at least 9 hours of sleep every night, and don't do any physical activities.. just take it easy. I seriously haven't been sick for probably a year since now and its hitting me harder than ever. [:@]

Old 02-05-2008, 08:56 AM
4th Gear
Default RE: How is it possible..

Been of and on sick for 2 weeks.. not lying at all.

Old 02-05-2008, 09:03 AM
4th Gear

take robatussin cf as directed, go to the school doc and get an antibiotic like Zythromax (only five-seven tabs to take) tequin or amox. Load up on at least 1000mgs of vitamin C and take a zinc tablet daily. take a garlic capsule while you have the sore throat. Two advil every six hours and a gallon of water a day. vicks vapor rup under each nostril when you go to bed so you can breath. Chicken soup and powerade as much as you can.

Old 02-05-2008, 09:06 AM
Senior Administrator

Are you eating healthy? Getting plenty of fluids? Your body is obviously fighting whatever has got a hold of it... Smoking the cigars wasn't the brightest! Working the long shift dint help, either. Not a nurse, but a few years of experience with being a 'rent.

keep up with the rest. Eat healthy. If you're fluids are low drink more, stay hydrated.

Old 02-05-2008, 09:45 AM
4th Gear

Thanks railrunner and jazz. Appreciate the advice.. I'm eating half healthy.. have eaten out.

I'm taking a vitamin erryday with added vitamin C. I'll start doing the zinc and garlic.

I'm drinking 8+ water bottle a day easily.. so I think I'm meeting that gallon mark. I picked up some vicks night/daily medicine and just started taking that. prior to that I did advil every 5-8 hours but I think its becoming ineffective.

Today I am gonna go home, take it easy.. have some soup and lay down. Just need to get over this thing.. and since its been going on for like 2 weeks. I already called into work once so I couldnt do it again. I had to man up.. thats life. I work a shat job, bussing.. but its one where they need me. Especially on busy weekends.

But thanks, I'll do whats recommended so far and see how it goes from there. I know the cold weather isn't helping. 34 degrees this morning.. I'm not used to that. I know thats sad.. im an arizona boy[&:]

Old 02-05-2008, 10:00 AM
2nd Gear

yep lots of fluids and vitamine C pillI dont even bother with anyhting else when I am sick advil and all that medicine is pointless.IMO no better than a cure-all sugar pill that make you think you took real medicine. I can understand taking a decongestant that makes you sleep when you go to bed. Other than that i recommend a hot totti: tea(your choice i like constant common night time) a spoonfulofhoney and a shot of burbon. Trust me drink one of those before bed with a PM decongestant you will be out like a light for a good nights sleep. Just lie in bed when you dont have anyhting else to do aka work/class/hw that cant be done in bed etc.

Oh one more thing no stoggies on an already stressed imune system ..... duh

Old 02-05-2008, 10:06 AM
Site Moderator/Ninja

yeah - just ride this one out -
[:'(]

sounds like u couldve relapsed just when your body was recovering -
u pushed it a bit too much.

Pretty much agreeing w/ Everyones posts - Lots of Rest & Hydrate.
you taking any medicine for the cough? sounds like u need an expectorant.

are u running a fever?

Old 02-05-2008, 10:36 AM
2nd Gear

Jazz, You know his fluid level will remain low, cause he is a young man andall day at schoolhe looks at girls, and when he comes home...

Old 02-05-2008, 10:40 AM
Site Moderator/Ninja

[sm=drlove.gif]

wheres Becca when we need her??

Old 02-05-2008, 10:46 AM
4th Gear

Lol^ I'm not that f*cking intense... Gotta see more than just a couple hot b*tches in skirts.[&:]

And I dont think so buddha.. haha, really don't know. Im guessing Im not.. I probably should ask my mom. lmfao.[8D]

Quick Reply: How is it possible.. (help AF doctor/nurse)