Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic. Almost anything goes.

How old is everyone???

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2005, 01:52 AM
Administrator
Default RE: How old is everyone???

see its all about the SoCal
people seem to be leaving the NorCal

Old 06-30-2005, 01:56 AM
5th Gear

psssh, she didn't say she moved to socal, she just said she doesn't live here anymore...get out of here with that socal garbage, panda...don't make me start another fight

Old 06-30-2005, 01:58 AM
2nd Gear

Hey Bentframe, well I got my car at steven's creek porsche/audi, a funny thing happened as to how i got my car too..... my uncle was one of the first programmers at netscape and consequently has a lot of money (not to brag), well he ordered a porsche from them very far in advance and when it came in and he was driving it he noticed a rattle in the door so he took it to be fixed, this was a few years ago near thanksgiving. so they had his car parked on the lot and a truck delivering their food for an office party backed into it and smashed the whole side in, so around the same time i wanted a new car, so he told them to make up for their stupidity they had to sell me a car at a very good price, so i went for it.... i still prob paid more than i could have bought it in like texas or something, but for out there, i got it at a great price.... plus as a bonus everytime i went there they were really nice to me and did a lot of stuff for free on my car and gave me lots of free stuff (even though i see some people have complaints about that dealership)....... anyways.............. i actually lived in aptos, went to UC santa cruz for 2 years, then moved down here to charleston, sc a year ago ..... but i've spent a lot of time in san jose, i miss lots of stuff from cali, i might be back as soon as i graduate to work at a company I know the founders of very well, they are in palo alto

Old 06-30-2005, 01:58 AM
1st Gear

Well I am just another white kid in his early 20's, 23 to be exact.

Old 06-30-2005, 02:02 AM
5th Gear

ORIGINAL: lauren5757

Hey Bentframe, well I got my car at steven's creek porsche/audi, a funny thing happened as to how i got my car too..... my uncle was one of the first programmers at netscape and consequently has a lot of money (not to brag), well he ordered a porsche from them very far in advance and when it came in and he was driving it he noticed a rattle in the door so he took it to be fixed, this was a few years ago near thanksgiving. so they had his car parked on the lot and a truck delivering their food for an office party backed into it and smashed the whole side in, so around the same time i wanted a new car, so he told them to make up for their stupidity they had to sell me a car at a very good price, so i went for it.... i still prob paid more than i could have bought it in like texas or something, but for out there, i got it at a great price.... plus as a bonus everytime i went there they were really nice to me and did a lot of stuff for free on my car and gave me lots of free stuff (even though i see some people have complaints about that dealership)....... anyways.............. i actually lived in aptos, went to UC santa cruz for 2 years, then moved down here to charleston, sc a year ago ..... but i've spent a lot of time in san jose, i miss lots of stuff from cali, i might be back as soon as i graduate to work at a company I know the founders of very well, they are in palo alto

i went to ucsc in 01-02, i lived waaay up at merrill, where did you stay?

Old 06-30-2005, 02:16 AM
2nd Gear

Well see, i moved to aptos when i was a junior in hs, my parents built a house there with a guest house, so i decided to just live at home and save some money, plus it was only a 14 mile drive to campus..... i was registered or whatever at college eight but most of my friends lived there anyways

i had a calc class at merrill, that hill was a b*tch to walk up when it was raining (so basically everday), one semester MWF i had classes at college 8, then at classroom unit 2, then up the hill to merrill.... it was quite a hike, and i'd walk to the morning class from the east remote parking lot.... kept me in good shape though, i didn't do much other cardio that quarter

Old 06-30-2005, 02:21 AM
2nd Gear

Hey Rockdizzle! Where are you from??? Maybe our cars would like to hang out someday.....

*special note
-- you all better know i'm just having fun with you all, i'm not some audi forum sl*t, so don't get your hopes up tooo high, ha ha

Old 06-30-2005, 02:30 AM
5th Gear

yea, i walked that hill about 6 times a day on average (the closest bus stop is pretty far down the hill)...it sucked....i wish i could've stayed with my parents for free, that would've saved me well over a grand a month [:'(]...santa cruz is cool, i love visiting my friends out there, but i couldn't handle living there for more than a few months, i'm a city kid i guess

Old 06-30-2005, 02:34 AM
2nd Gear

i left because santa cruz went downhill really quickly...... i had to do beach clean up for a marine bio class i took, you would NOT believe how many needles we picked up, plus it was getting scary to even walk to your car at night, i worked in downtown capitola and i'd always get the police to take me to my car after work and i'm usually not bothered by stuff like that, but i've had lots of really high people follow me down there.... i want to live in either palo alto or mountain view, i like walnut creek too..... plus, santa cruz is just sort of dirty in general anymore, it's really sad, i only lived there 5 years and it changed majorly in those few years

Old 06-30-2005, 02:39 AM
5th Gear

very true, parts of santa cruz are pretty bad...how did you end up moving to charleston for school?