Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic. Almost anything goes.

How Obama Got Elected

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2009, 07:06 PM
I'm make believe

i wonder whats going to last longer, Obama's term(s) in office, of this stupid thread....

Old 04-23-2009, 07:59 PM
4th Gear

What? posting here to get your post count to 18K? lol

Old 04-23-2009, 09:06 PM
I'm make believe

ive tried reading this thread like 3 times within like a month's + time and just want to pound my head into a wall since people think no matter who won would please every last person in the country.

Old 04-23-2009, 10:40 PM
Legal Moderator

wow, the title of this thread is just beggin for me to speak up... can you guys handle it?

Old 04-23-2009, 11:48 PM
1st Gear

Originally Posted by redline380
wow, the title of this thread is just beggin for me to speak up... can you guys handle it?
Don't waste your time.

When it comes to politics, every argument is the same.

And since we aren't face to face with each other, no one will ever be willing to back down...

-end

Old 04-24-2009, 12:35 AM
4th Gear

I agree.

Old 04-24-2009, 10:23 AM

Ignorance is bliss. And people read and post in this thread through their own free will.

The thing about Fox is that they have the top 6 rated cable news programs on TV. I doubt their report or the Tea Parties was a grab for ratings. Oversimplified statements such as GE/Obama = Fox/Bush with no supporting facts are what hurts these types of discussions. Its frustrating when you lay out a series of disturbing facts to support a claim, and are completely dismissed with one sentence opinions.

I think Garofalo/Olberman crossed a line when they used **** like reasoning to attack their opposition by calling them physiologically abnormal. Just as worrisome when people justify the comment by pointing to name calling on Fox news. Either way, what she said was appalling to me and Olberman/MSNBC should have shown some integrity.

So I guess we should ignore the discussion since all arguments are the same? We should condone one bad thing by pointing to another bad thing?

Old 05-11-2009, 04:07 PM

http://www.renewamerica.us/columns/gaynor/090217

Cooruption and ACORN have gone hand in hand for many years now. The brother of the ACORN founder embezzled one million dollars from the organization and no legal action was taken against him and he still works for them. ACORN has recieved tens of millions of dollars from the US taxpayers and are in line to get some of the billions from the stimulus bill. ACORN memebers have been charged with fraud in atleast 14 states. SOme of ACORN's own leadership, known as the ACORN 8, are now demanding an investigation. Senator Conyers (D) proposed such an investigation a few weeks ago and called the scandal a "serious matter."

But after "recommendations" by the democratic leadership, Conyers has dropped the call for an investigation as it appears "unwarranted at this time." Meanwhile, charges were filled in two more states. Cover-up?

A reporter for the New York Times also stated that they had found a source to link ACORN to the Obama campaign but were told by their boss that the story would not be printed. Instaed, the NYT has continued to protect ACORN.

http://spectator.org/archives/2009/0...rn-probe/print

Old 05-19-2009, 08:36 PM

http://hotair.com/archives/2009/05/1...-the-election/

In this link, O'Reilly interviews a Acorn board member who is demanding that Congress investigate ACORN's finances. She is an Obama supporter and there is no incentive for her to reveal corruption. She states that the NYT intentionally killed a story that would have a negative impact on Obama.

I should mention that this was a few weeks before the election, and is completely inconsistent with the people who mocked this thread when it was started.

Apology accepted

Old 06-11-2009, 12:13 PM

This thread is seriously waning and I should probably just let it die...but I thought that this was pretty funny, and sad.

http://foxforum.blogs.foxnews.com/20...s-sort-of-god/

The editor of Newsweek says that Obama is "sort of God" and you can hear Chris Mathews in the background say "yea."

Quick Reply: How Obama Got Elected