Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic. Almost anything goes.

How Obama Got Elected

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2009, 12:51 PM
4th Gear

I am of the opinion that it is better to misuse the language than to use the language to insult special needs people.
Ok, why do you automatically assume it was an intended insult?

You can't tell me you've never made an off colored joke? Why do you think he's inviting special needs children to bowl now at the White House. He knew he slipped up and rolled a gutterball on that joke and apologized and trying to make amends on it.

That's tangible. If he disregarded the remark as trivial - then I would say yeah, you got something there - he's an insensitive a-hole.

But that's not the case, for it was not intended as an insult, mate. You're old enough to make that distinction.

Old 03-20-2009, 01:48 PM

I never said it was intentional, I just said that its offensive. Although the correlation isnt perfect, the contrast between the treatment of Don Imus and Obama is striking.

I think we can agree that Obama made mistake with his words and in doing so, he insulted many families and organizations that are involved with special needs people. When Bush used bad metaphors or mispronounced words, he was doing much less harm in my eyes.

You seem to be saying that his intention was not bad and therefore the remark should not be counted against him. Even if I were to agree with that, I would still say that he made a casual and insensitive remark. He realized that what he said was wrong, and is now appearing to be sensitive by making amends. The first part, the remark, was casual and natural. The response, making amends, was a startegic recovery effort. Therefore his mind tells him that it is wrong, but his impulse or instinct allowed it to happen. Consequently, I am less confident in his instincts. This is consistent with other Obama stumbles and stutters that are frequent when he does not have a teleprompter.

Last edited by AutoUnionFan; 04-15-2009 at 02:38 PM.
Old 03-27-2009, 03:26 PM

General Electric has apparently received nealry as much bailout money as AIG while escaping with zero criticism from the President or his MSNBC allies.

http://foxforum.blogs.foxnews.com/20...en_ge_bailout/

Remember that GE CEO Jeff Immelt was appointed by Obama to the Economic Advisory Board after being voted the worst CEO of 2008. GE has spent a fortune lobbying for the cap and trade system that is a crucial piece of Obama's budget proposal.

Old 03-30-2009, 02:33 PM
Old 04-23-2009, 02:38 PM

MSNBC's reputation for bias has hit home with some GE shareholders:
http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/hr/...265de605c?pn=1

Old 04-23-2009, 02:57 PM
4th Gear

So O'Reilly's hitman (who happens to own shares of GE stock - as well as myself) shows up to stir trouble...

Yeah, I can see where the ***** at Cluster Fox get their material - they make the news and report it... lol

Old 04-23-2009, 03:20 PM

i dont know if he was self-motivated, I wont make an assumption either way.

The limbic brain reporting by Olberman should be enough to call for his resignation. I wont blame anyone for being upset about it, biased or not.

Old 04-23-2009, 03:42 PM
4th Gear

Limbic is an adjective describing the edge of an anatomical body part. I don't know what the fuss is on that word - maybe cuz it sounds dirty? lol

Oh, c'mon, mate! You know damn well it was self-motivated. Probably bought shares directly so he can attend the meetings. You only have to own one share to get an invite - I did - but I'm not flying to Florida on a $1000 investment... lol

He had cameras and everything there. I'd give the twerp more cred if he showed up alone.

Old 04-23-2009, 06:22 PM

You should watch the interview before you comment on it. It starts around the 3 minute mark of this link:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OAiXkw-7PxQ

Garofalo basically says that the tea parties are about racism. And that republicans, conservatives, and white supremacists have an enlarged limbic region of the brain that pushes on their frontal lobe and causes defective thought. She also says that the success of the republican party depends on racism. Notice how Olberman begins the interview by calling it a "serious note" and ends with "always my pleasure." Perhaps his sarcasm is omnipresent.

Fox will be reporting its investigatio into the GE/Obama relationship in the next few days so that we can see the facts and not speculate.

Old 04-23-2009, 07:00 PM
4th Gear

lol... I don't know about the GE/Obama thing - but I think it's no different than the coverage of Fox/Bush to be sure... lol

Garofalo is as extreme leftist as it gets - don't doubt if she's a militant lesbian - but again it's no different than those that parade on Fox calling left leaning people "godless" or without morals, etc, etc, etc...

The funny thing is how Fox was the only service sending out their top people (Beck, Hannity, Von Sustern, etc) to cover the tea parties live and it netted them zilch in ratings. Just making them the target of "teabagging" jokes from CNN and MSNBC (they're only two cable rivals).

I'd be curious as to what (if any) Fox does uncover.

Quick Reply: How Obama Got Elected