Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic. Almost anything goes.

How Obama Got Elected

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2009, 10:40 AM

LOL, I leave this thread for one day and 90Sport decides to be a hijacker once again. I would suggest, 90Sport, that you start your own thread about Obama's relationship with Islam and terrorists because that is about all you seem capable of writing about. Your bigotry is not constructive, so take it elsewhere. This definiton of argument as it apples to logic may be helpful to you and your grandchildren,

< in logic, an ARGUMENT is a set of one or more meaningful declarative sentences (or "propositions") known as the premises along with another meaningful declarative sentence (or "proposition") known as the conclusion. >

As for krystallblue, what I said about your video is that it is over 3 hours long and I dont have time, right now, to watch the whole damn thing. So I suggested to you to point out the parts that you find most informative and that back up your arguments. I never said I wasnt interested in investigating it for myself. But I admit that I am not a diehard investigator. I have other things and interests in my life, and honestly, it is more efficient for me to smell the bull **** in peoples reasoning. I dont doubt that the FR is a shady entity and I have already said that they are dangerous. However, I dont understand the ultimate conclusion that you are trying to make about them. And I dont understand how it relates to issues of the media, liberalism, and Obama. You make some pretty wild accusations like 9/11 is an inside job, Cheney bankrupted California, compassionate conservatism is as real as Santa Claus, and no death is honorable. You consistently avoid more concrete topics like social security and healthcare, and tend to minimalize or marginalize anything that contradicts what you beleive.

Last edited by AutoUnionFan; 02-19-2009 at 10:43 AM.
Old 02-19-2009, 12:40 PM

Well..I would but I keep on getting a error messege and I have sent a messege to the admin. Im not trying to hijack you post but all my messeges have been relevent to yours, unless you dont think I a right to express my facts like the other's think I shouldnt do. I did not think you were against censorship. You and other's keep on saying Im a bigot but look at every post and I have never said anything about race to conclude I'm a bigot. I only talk about the facts. I thought America was a place for different views?

Btw...I wanted to talk about other stuff then this idiot Obama but again I cant make new posts...

Old 02-20-2009, 12:46 PM

For those interested in "The Money Masters" video, I have begun to do a little research into the area of the Federal Reserve and conspiracy theories (hypothesis). Although the subject appears to have LITTLE RELEVANCE to the original purpose of this thread, it is something worthy of investigation. I have not watched the video (it is over 3 hours long and I have yet to successfully downlaod it), but I have read analysis of it. Although it appears to be an excellent account of historical events, its main conclusions and its proposed changes to the monetary system are quite controversial. It may be an informative documentary, but it appears to perpetuate of number of myths. This article, along with the links provided at the bottom, attempts to resolve some of these myths:

http://www.publiceye.org/conspire/fl...l_Reserve.html

I would suggest to everyone to be more concerned with things that affect their daily lives and speak to the fundemental principles of this nation e.g. personal responsibilty; tax policy; growth of government programs; the guarantee of life, liberty, and the pursuit of happines but not the guarantee of equal results; etc.

Old 02-21-2009, 12:39 AM
1st Gear

AutoUnionFan, Judging by your posts are a very reasonable, level headed, intelligent person well deserving my respect. Should we ever find ourselves in either house of Congress (pipe dream obviously) I would be honored to work alongside you. I'd bet we have more in common considering directions we feel our country should take than our previous posts might imply. I'm going to continue educating myself, I have no doubt that you will as well. I wish everyone, myself included, could conduct themselves like you have in this thread.

Old 02-22-2009, 02:21 AM

Just in....

Due to the Spending Bill by the Messiah Obama...If you make $75k or less you will be getting a tax reductions and its going in effect asap.

$13 a week is what you get...what will you buy????

Isnt 13 a unlucky number????

Obama why dont you suspend our taxes for a 6 months and that would be better then you wasting a Trillion dollars on crap.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BqGkpuvKBr4

I love when Ms. Obama opens her mouth and looks stupid about tax cuts.......Remember $13 a week equals what a year?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-jOnHzt7eNs

More middle class tax cuts from Obama....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=atXxtVLoqd8

More lies from Biden.....thanks for giving me $13 a week in tax cuts....Thanks for nothing...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=atXxtVLoqd8

Last edited by Audi 90Sport Quattro; 02-22-2009 at 02:52 AM.
Old 03-09-2009, 10:43 AM

More bias coverage, this time on Mr. Obama's Wiki biography:
http://wnd.com/index.php?fa=PAGE.view&pageId=91114

Old 03-09-2009, 12:11 PM

Guys...All I know is we are in serious trouble here. I've watched the stimulus package amounts get directed towards Michigan and I was in disgust at the wasted amounts. $25 million to paint water towers and the same for a new parking lot and museum drive. Wtf.. lol. There are a lot more for each city. All I can say is that with over a trillion in debt and the jobs created that will fade away anyhow (construction) after a few short years, we are in dire trouble. Only my opinion though . I do not agree with Obama he can talk the talk, but I've felt something not right about him since he started. I do hope we come out of this, or we will be begging the Chinese even more which is crazy to begin with.

Old 03-20-2009, 10:14 AM

Obama made a histoirc appearance on the Tonight Show with Jay Leno, and at one point his inexperience trumped his compassion:
http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0309/20268.html

And while his apology was apparently "moving" for Tim Shriver, the film Tropic Thunder did not benefit from the same attitude:
http://www.cnn.com/2008/SHOWBIZ/Movi...river.thunder/

Old 03-20-2009, 11:19 AM
4th Gear

LOL... all I can say is he didn't go "full retard"... his one saving grace

This I don't understand - the man makes one slip of the tongue in regards to off-handed comment, that most of us would make - and you feel obligated to point this out (as well as Limbaugh, Fox Noise and their "gaff watchers" and every other news organization out there).

Has your obvious hatred for the man made you stoop so low to point out gaffes now?

At least he's not on video drunk, slaughter the English language while sober, or stumble horribly on his metaphors like the previous occupant of 1600 Pennsylvannia Ave

Old 03-20-2009, 12:24 PM

I am just posting the facts here. We could argue the hypothetical "what if Bush said the same thing", but I am chossing to focus on the tangible now.

To your point about Bush. Yes he is on a video drunk, and I posted the video on this forum. And Obama has admitted using marijuana and cocaine. But this is ad hominem. I am of the opinion that it is better to misuse the language than to use the language to insult special needs people. Its not that I find what he said to be unusually offensive (although I have heard many parents of special needs children express grief), its that I find it to be unusually offensive for a President to say.

I dont consider myself an Obama hater, I will leave that for Audi 90Sport, but I am certaintly a skeptic.

Quick Reply: How Obama Got Elected