Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic. Almost anything goes.

How Obama Got Elected

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-2008, 04:45 PM
Default How Obama Got Elected

The public is misinformed?? NO WAY!!!

http://www.howobamagotelected.com/

Old 11-18-2008, 05:00 PM
1st Gear

Someone could make the same type video about McCain and his voters but OK...

Old 11-18-2008, 05:07 PM
Site Moderator

I could just as easily find you a dozen "informed" republican voters who are equally as stupid and guided by the media. Informed my ***, they obviously picked out some of the most idiotic and ill informed looking people they could find. Of course what do we expect from John Ziegler???

Old 11-18-2008, 05:15 PM
Tech Slut

I refused to watch the video after getting part way through the write-up... If they can't use proper grammar, I realize its not a very credible writeup/video...

Old 11-18-2008, 05:35 PM
1st Gear

Its kinda sick how some of you people are still bitc*ing about your new president!
If anything be proud of the fact that your alive in a historic point in time.
We as a country have made a decision for us as Americans and the rest of the world.

Old 11-18-2008, 05:52 PM

We shouldnt make it a Repubs vs Dems discussion. Nor am I complaining about Obama being elected. My point is that people who choose the president are largely misinformed.

The 12 people shown in the video were chosen by a black woman and described as being most able to articulate their opinions, having strong opinions, etc. Most of them probably have above average intelligence. Of the 512 people interviewed in the Zogby poll, 55% are college grads. atleast 57% of the 512, did not know the Dems control congress (50% chance to guess right).

Anyways, I am just repeating what is in the link.

IMO this supports the claim of media bias. These people depend upon biased sources for their info and it shows.

Old 11-18-2008, 06:04 PM
Site Moderator

There is nothing new about people getting their information from the media. It's nothing new that the media can be biased. There is nothing new about there being a bunch of idiots in our world. I don't know anyone who thinks the media is un biased. Everyone i know who gets info from the media does their best to get alternate sources and filter out the fluff and come to their own calculated decision. This is something that has been going on for decades. The only thing that comes to mind about your assertion is..... "Duh?"

Old 11-18-2008, 06:11 PM

well i feel from the start there was nothing the democrats could do wrong to not get elected, everything bush did wrong and everything the rublican party did wrong was refected to mcain/palin, because of the prior mistakes made they were blamed, but i also feel if the economy/financial crisis is not fixed or on the way to be fixed obama is going to be in a heep of trouble cause i think everyone is tired of whats been going on and he is all behind this CHANGE and if doesn't do something i think he will not last very long in office.

Old 11-18-2008, 06:16 PM
Site Moderator

Exactly. Although it is biased, I'm affraid the media didn't have a whole lot to do with it. I know the purpose of this thread is not to be dem vs rep, but 8 years of bush pretty much sealed the deal for the democrats way before election media coverage even started. If people really think it was the media bias as to the "how", then that is ignorance.

Old 11-18-2008, 06:20 PM

Originally Posted by onepoint8tee
There is nothing new about people getting their information from the media. It's nothing new that the media can be biased. There is nothing new about there being a bunch of idiots in our world. I don't know anyone who thinks the media is un biased. Everyone i know who gets info from the media does their best to get alternate sources and filter out the fluff and come to their own calculated decision. This is something that has been going on for decades. The only thing that comes to mind about your assertion is..... "Duh?"
A bunch of idiots? more than have of the people were college graduates (AGAIN)

I have read multiple posts on this forum saying that the media is not biased - i'm sure you read a few as well.

If you read my first post, you should notice the sarcasm - I basically agree with you.

Dont need to bash me tho

Quick Reply: How Obama Got Elected