Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic. Almost anything goes.

How much money are you willing to spend on travel?

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-2021, 10:02 AM
1st Gear
Default How much money are you willing to spend on travel?

How much money are you willing to spend on travel?

Old 11-18-2021, 09:00 AM
1st Gear

One way to help determine the amount you can spend on a vacation is to follow the 50/30/20 budget rule, said Eric Simonson, a certified financial planner with Abundo Wealth, which provides financial advice and planning to travel lovers. In this plan, 50% of your income goes toward fixed costs like your mortgage, utilities, food and childcare; 30% is for discretionary spending; and 20% is saved.
"Travel falls within that 30% sleeve and a percentage of that 30% can be allocated to your vacations," said Simonson.
If travel is a high priority, you may find it competing with your other day-to-day spending on restaurants, concerts, shopping, golf memberships or alcohol.
"All the fun stuff," said Simonson. "But if you carve out a little bit from each one, and put it toward travel, you can have a nice amount set aside for a vacation."
Just make sure your interest in travel doesn't compromise your financial priorities, said Tyler Reeves, a certified financial planner at Plimsoll Financial Planning.
"Don't put any of your other non-negotiable priorities at risk," he said, including fixed expenses, paying off current debt, funding retirement and making sure an emergency fund is in place. "As long as you're not putting those in danger. Spend your money on what makes you happy."

Old 11-18-2021, 09:05 AM
Banned

Travel plays an important role in my life. I like to travel a lot and I dream of seeing the whole world with my own eyes. I do not spend a lot of money on travel as I believe that you can travel even with a minimal budget. I buy cheap airline tickets to the country I want to visit, I read about places worth visiting, take a suitcase and start my journey. Quarantine does not prevent me from doing this

Last edited by Toronto; 11-26-2021 at 04:35 AM.
Old 11-18-2021, 04:26 PM
1st Gear

I can spend thousands of dollars on traveling

Old 11-18-2021, 07:50 PM
3rd Gear

Kind of a dead thread due to covid. I maintain a practical budget and have set aside $12k for travel in 2022, assuming countries open up and covid is under control. Looking at Quito Ecuador down south and Portugal, eastern/central Spain, Romania, and Baltic countries if possible. May attend the 2022 IIHF World Championship in Helsinki to soak in the hockey.

Old 01-27-2022, 07:10 AM
Banned

There are many countries that could be your next travel destination, but the best country to travel to might be Russia. Unless getting a visa without Russian visa support online can be difficult. For example, there are beautiful natural objects and many attractions here.

Old 01-28-2022, 07:52 AM
1st Gear

I want to share my experince about this website for helping me out in a difficult situation while travelling. About a week ago, I didn`t know how to get to Denver, as all train tickets were sold out. In my case, I don't trust drivers I don't know, and the option of traveling by car as a passenger wasn`t acceptable to me. And I decided to find where I could rent a car, and I found them. It was very comfortable to get back home. Now I know what to do in a similar situation. Do you ever have such an experince?

Last edited by kenrally; 01-28-2022 at 07:53 AM. Reason: want to add some info
Old 02-27-2022, 09:40 AM
1st Gear

Hello! The online environment offers us a series of possibilities to earn money. One of the methods is investments. Depending on the skills possessed, everyone chooses their investment field. Someone chooses crypto, someone else online games, being an easier method. I also started investing in games 2 months ago. I was looking for a safe gaming platform, so I found http://wealthofgeeks.com.It is a platform that offers users the opportunity to earn and increase their investments, which is less common for gambling.

Old 09-05-2022, 12:12 PM
1st Gear

I always try to save as much as possible to spend all this money on trips because that's the only time when I can truly enjoy life. I go on various tours, visit different places, and buy things I wouldn't usually buy. Recently, I discovered food tour san francisco, and I can tell you that now I eat only in places that were during that tour because the food there is incredible. And I can tell you I regret nothing.