Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic. Almost anything goes.

How Do You Actually Go About Getting A AUCTION LICENSE?

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2006, 01:30 PM
Default How Do You Actually Go About Getting A AUCTION LICENSE?

Ive search in so many places on the internet and have found nothing about getting an Auction license. AKA Dealer license. The best info I would get is that its a secret underground business that not that much people know about and it costs money to know the secrets. WTF is up with that ****. Anyone have any idea on how to get one?

Old 08-02-2006, 01:41 PM
3rd Gear
Default RE: How Do You Actually Go About Getting A AUCTION LICENSE?

from what I know and my understanding you have to apply with the DMV (department of motor Vehical) in your state and you have to be able to provide information that you are either a garage or actual bussiness that is going to or already is selling used cars, they wont give one to any one. and you also get dealer plates and such, i could be wrong, but my boss had to go through something like that when he did it..

Old 08-03-2006, 05:09 PM
2nd Gear

I have a licence though I am not sure how your state works. In PA you have to be under a dealership and be licenced through that company. It is a long and costly process. I buy and sell cars 3 days a week my dad travels all over though for our dealership. Its fun but risky. The car buisness is tough

Old 08-03-2006, 09:40 PM

yeah , I actually knew this guy that owned a used car lot in PA. He is the one that brought me to a car auction to get my audi. He charged me 1500 to bring me and I went with cash to get this one. I forget the name of the town but it was like crazy big , the biggest in PA.

But also , I am going to try and talk to DMV about going about that, cause one day I would love to get into that.

Old 08-04-2006, 11:22 AM
2nd Gear

Manhiem Auto Auction is the one you went to and holly sh*t 1500 to take you. Its not that good of a deal even there prices a high. All I do is vw/audi and that is one of the worst places to go.

Old 08-04-2006, 11:42 AM
Senior Administrator

I've posted this like many times before, but, here goes, again:
www.autosource-online.com

subscription costs, like $10.00-$20.00, one-time fee (not exactly sure about the cost because I paid $10.00 4 years ago, but I'm assuming they've raised it, since then). Lists something like 80 auto brokers that go to those insurance auctions, then resells. SOme good deals, some not so good... You gotta KNOW what you're looking for/at. If ya wanna browse for free, PM me and I'll share my p/w with you. I've got a couple othwer online auction houses bookmarked, as well, but I'll hafta search for them. Post them if/when I get a chance