Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic. Almost anything goes.

House Approves Senate Version Health Care Bill in 219-212 Vote, Now Heads to Obama fo

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2010, 01:16 PM
4th Gear

The government just passed a plan that will force everyone in the US to give these people money. Insurance and Health stocks have been going up the past few days. The bill is a $300 million dollar blank check. Now their monopoly is solid.
Agreed...

Here's the other thing: There actually WAS competition between insurance companies. How much will there be now? Everyone is required to pay into the system now. If you are required to do anything, where is the incentive to keep prices low and provide good service?

Old 03-26-2010, 01:17 PM
2nd Gear

Ever see a magic show? It's all about misdirection, get people to look at one hand while the other hand is doing something different. The government and power elite EXCELL at this level of showmanship.

I'm not worried, I live in VA and we passed the Health Care Freedom Reform act which was signed into law on Wed which says VA residents don't have to obey the Federal Law and our AG is suing the US.

Old 03-29-2010, 10:04 PM
Site Moderator

Originally Posted by mikekey
I don't even want to get into it. But it won't be what you guys have. I have a friend from Australia who doesn't get it either.

Actually I am all for reform. It's the forced and fine part that pisses me off. It's the same as saying if I don't buy pepsi products I'll go to jail. Because if I don't buy insurance, I'll be fined 4000 dollars and then if I don't pay that, I'll also face 1-10yrs imprisonment.

Really, I think that's what has most people pissed off. They should allow for the option to say no, but instead it's them telling you it's for your own good.

Your system is government run, ours will still be private. So again, it's like forcing you to go eat at McDonalds once a week, weather you want to or not, it's the law.

This isn't the same as me paying a tax and the government providing a service. Our president gets on TV calls insurance companies evil, and the health care bill is a big fat blank check to said insurance companies, which in turn means their profits will go up because all the people who don't have insurance will now be forced to buy it. The 15% who can't afford it, will get subsidy money from the government to help with the costs. (Wait that means my tax dollars going straight into the pockets of the said "EVIL" and "GREEDY" insurance companies.) That's what we're getting, nothing like what you have.

And the second part that pisses people off is the increased tax burden on small businesses and the middle class. Taxes will go up to pay for this.

So much for freedom.
That pretty much sums it up. Being a business owner myself i have been thumbing thru the bill quite often. Much in it scares me but some makes sense. We can't let the government control healthcare, look at the post office, its a joke. Medicare and social security are failed services. It also opens the door for government control more than most people might think. When the government finally does get their monopoly of the heathcare system whats stopping them from eliminating things they say are bad for you? Take coke for example, the government says the beverage is bad for you and the sugar in it leads to obesiety, so were gonna make them take the sugar out of it. Liberals will say "that will never happen." REALLY?

I remember when they said guns will never be taken away from citizens, look what we have done in New Orleans! With that door open where does it stop? You literally give up your freedom in more ways than you can imagine. It can't be allowed in this country.

"America’s health care system is not broken; America’s entitlement system is broken.

Health care is nothing more than the symptom of the disease. We have become a people of hands-out. In other words, anytime we want anything, we extend our hands out and ask “where’s mine?” From Social Security to Medicare to Welfare to endless unemployment benefits to food stamps, WIC, and everything in between we have created a nation where in some cases, entire lives are spent being subsidized by the ever dwindling group of us who work hard and demand to take care of only ourselves.

The American health care system is not spiraling out of control; America is." Rob Williams.

Old 03-30-2010, 12:12 AM
4th Gear

What really chaps my *** is the BS about xxx MILLION people with NO heathcare... really? Ever heard of Medicare? For those that make alittle more, there's State run healthcare.. http://dhs.wi.gov/badgercareplus/ & http://www.in.gov/fssa/hip/ are just 2 examples..... Then, for those 'really poor' (read: illegal!) there are the Federally Funded 340B FREE/Sliding Scale clinics: Health Care Regardless of Your Ability to Pay... Learn it, Love it, Live it... ******* morons..... its ALL a SHELL GAME, and you fell for it....

Old 03-30-2010, 05:02 AM
2nd Gear

The canadians are ok with the government taking their money...I want to keep as much of my money as possible and in my control. "let the gov't pick up the tab" is just a retarded thing to say...the government has NOOOOOOOOOOO money. The only money the government has is OUR money that we give up. You know this helathcare bill is horrible when the President himself has to go around the country telling people "Oh, it's not so bad. Come ooonnnn, you'll like it. Trust us cause....its for your own good". Unbelievable the nerve of some people. I am still blown away that the president and nancy pelosi get away with bashing the tea-partyers and peaceful demonstrators. The thing about that is that the tea-partyers aren't just people who stand at the foot of the capitol. There are millions of people who wish they could do it but for some reason or another can't get there to march and protest, so they watch on tv...still agreeing and in spirit none-the-less. Why does every liberal or socialilst person believe that we (republicans, libritarians etc ) adore rush or glen beck and follow every single word that they say? I enjoy listening to their point of views and I share many values in common with them, but I don't worship them or think of them as my leader. I value their opinions and still manage to make up my own...imagine that. Something to consider: You can turn a liberal into a conservative, but you can not turn a conservative into a liberal...hmmm

Old 04-01-2010, 12:57 PM
2nd Gear

Its all about keeping his voting block solid (18-29 year olds that stay home with mom and dad)

Businesses continue to not hire and now even moreso that they have to pick up everyone else that doesn't have healthcare.

Small businesses are getting wacked, o well, 2 more years then we can hopefully change it back.

Old 04-01-2010, 04:14 PM
2nd Gear

blah dont' get me started again

Last edited by mikekey; 04-01-2010 at 04:18 PM.
Old 04-01-2010, 04:31 PM
4th Gear

Originally Posted by mikekey
blah dont' get me started again
Aww... c'mon