Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic. Almost anything goes.

Hookah Smokers?

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-2009, 05:18 PM
5th Gear

Tips for heavier smoke: use foil around the bowl and only poke holes where the charcoal goes
I thought that was standard practice! Never considered doing it w/o the foil. People smoke like that?!

matt, you "know" me and i smoke hookah. come down and visit sometimes again lol.
Dude, I haven't been back to NY since Christmas. When I have the time, I don't have the money, and when I have the money, I don't have time.

I'll hopefully be home sometime in November, I'll make sure to swing down your way.

Old 09-30-2009, 04:23 PM
1st Gear

Smoked in a hooka filled with brandy...wasnt smoking tobacco though

Old 09-30-2009, 05:55 PM

I have had a lot of interesting situations and hook ups with random girls over hookah. I used to go out to hookah places but the prices are absolutely insane. The times I had were worth it. But $20 for a bowl vs $10 for a whole thing on flavored tobacco. Going out doesnt make sense.

Old 09-30-2009, 06:14 PM
5th Gear

I just realized how much it costs to go out. Never done it. Just last night I found a local place on myspace, and they had an announcement that they cut their prices in half, and now it was $10/hr.

Eff that. Bowl I burned last night probably last me almost 2 hrs.

Old 10-01-2009, 08:53 PM
4th Gear

have you tried the putting ice water in teh base or actually cutting real fruit with the tabacco.

Old 10-01-2009, 09:35 PM
5th Gear

ice water, yes.

real fruit, no.

You asking if its been done, or saying you've done it and it works ok?

I tried making my own sheesha once. Figured its pretty much tobacco and honey, so i mixed up some english blend pipe tobacco I had, let it sit with some honey and... yeah, not so good. Stick with the stuff you buy.

Old 10-02-2009, 12:46 AM
4th Gear

I've heard of the milk thing, but I haven't tried it yet. It's on the list! One thing I've found just messing around is that if you fill the vase up a bit more than you think you need, so that the stem goes deeper into the water, it smoothes out the smoke more. Especially with ice (of course). I usually fill it now so that the stem will be about 2" into the water, and it takes longer to get harsh so I don't have to clear it out so often.

Also, if you load the bowl and then put some foil on there and turn it upside down for a while so all the flavor juice drains to the top of the bowl, and then put some fresh foil on it, poke it and smoke it, having more juice at the top gives you more flavor in the smoke.

Old 10-04-2009, 01:38 AM

yeah i smoke hookah too idk what my favorite is but double apple, mint, and pina colada are good!

Old 10-06-2009, 10:04 AM
2nd Gear

I smoke it socially with friends.
Milk makes it really smooth if you can keep it from bubbling into the hose.
I like to fill the vase with ice to cool the smoke down too.

I just don't like it when it starts tasting like charcoal (I don't smoke anything but hookah)
One of my buddies will keep putting fresh coals on it even when the shisha is basically carbonized...

Last edited by joshuo; 10-06-2009 at 10:07 AM.
Old 10-06-2009, 04:25 PM
5th Gear

this thread got me re-hooked on the hookah. Meant to fire it up all summer but never got to it, but i've smoked 4 times since this thread started. Really filled the bowl last night, that bitch burned for almost 3 hrs. Same charcoal. Dont remember the name, but the ones I got are big.

Quick Reply: Hookah Smokers?