Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic. Almost anything goes.

a homeless guy rejected my sandwich!

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2005, 02:58 PM
1st Gear
Default RE: a homeless guy rejected my sandwich!

Before I give anyone money or food I look at their clothes and their shoes. I always try to give food. The day I got my windows tinted I couldn't open my window so when I opened my door the guy jumped back, but he was happy....its so sad sometimes. You gotta watch for the fakes because the news did a report on the fakers and they clear about 20k tax free.

Old 07-16-2005, 03:05 PM
Administrator

ORIGINAL: PandaXpress

i wonder how some can do that spend 6 weeks as a homeless person
you gotta have a lot of free time and money to do somehting like
Teachers dont work the summer sometimes, thats probably how he did it.. or his wife kicked him out and it took him 6 weeks to get back in the house.. and he decided to turn it into research

Old 07-19-2005, 07:43 PM
Administrator

ORIGINAL: Redgoat

Teachers dont work the summer sometimes, thats probably how he did it.. or his wife kicked him out and it took him 6 weeks to get back in the house.. and he decided to turn it into research
u make good points

Old 07-20-2005, 06:10 PM
2nd Gear

ORIGINAL: Redgoat

Yeah..he is a Sociology Professor...did this during summer break. Lived on the streets for the entire time. It was for 3 weeks, not 6 like I originally said (I had to look back at my notes). He took no money, just some clothes...he called home every night just to let his family know he was ok. The homeless community can be a pretty tight knit group and he was seen as an outsider at first. He was up front with any homeless person that asked him about himself, and he let them know that he was doing this as research...Some kept away from him after that, others shared there stories.

Old 07-21-2005, 04:32 PM
1st Gear

Homeless people are better off that you think. I've got nothing but debt. Car loans, home loans, school loans, wife.....etc. They have no debt. If they have a dollar in their pocket they are in the black, me I will always be in the red. I've read somewhere that most homeless prefer to be that way but, I'm all for helping people who need and want it.

Old 07-22-2005, 04:18 AM
Administrator

i guess they arent the materialist and like the simple simple just survive life

Old 07-22-2005, 05:23 AM
Administrator

yeah but your coming out of debt... then you will have things to show for it

Old 07-29-2005, 02:40 AM
Administrator

i got bum rushed today
i went to save on to get some burn medicane and i dont kno why i went to the save on in my neighberhood
as i parked and left my car a gurl comes up and ask if i have a dollar to spare and i said just let me go inside and buy my stuff and get some change
i wasnt planning on giving her any money but
then when i finished buyin my stuff and went out side i see like 4 people standing around my car
on ewas holding a baby and they werent in rags but dirty clothes
i ended up giving them a dollar casue i felt bad for the baby
i hate giving them money but that baby was in like a very dirty shirt and stuff

Old 08-01-2005, 02:25 PM
1st Gear

One time while I was in San Diego this homeless guy came up to me in a suite and tie and asked for some money. I wasn't really shocked that he was in a suite and tie... Though he ask me for $3.50. What ever happened to ask for spare change? Is the price of living for a homeless person that much more in San Diego? You figure they don't need warm clothes for the winter.

Old 08-01-2005, 03:15 PM
Senior Administrator

I may have shared this story already, in this thread, but I'm too lazy to look back and see so here gfoes:

NW Detroit, I'm out with my kids. Now, this was a BIG deal because, at the time I was stationed in Frankfurt, Germany and I could only afford to come back to the world and visit my childred every OTHER year, or so. Hadn't seen them in, like, a year-and-a-half. So, out with the kids, cruisin through NW Detroit headed downtown to catch one of the Fests the have every fri-sun each weekend during teh summer at Hart Plaza. Stop by a KFC to get some grub for meN the kids. Some guy comes up to me in the drive-thru line (this being inner-city Detroit I'm planning on how many different ways I can disable a human being with a car and/or car-door) and asks for a piece of chicken. "A leg or a wing, if you can spare it." I felt real bad because this guy was ACTUALLY asking for food as opposed to muny. I gave him 3bucks 'cause I was in a hurry... Fast-forward about a decade. I'm back livin in 'Merica, now. Out with teh kids (who are now teen-agers). Headed, believe it or not, BACK down to Hart Plaza to catch one of the Festivals, AGAIN. About to pull into a KFC (what can I say, I love the original recipe) when I spot what looks like THE SAME GUY!!! Hangin out by the drive-thru lane, AGAIN!!!

True story. I don't remember if I gave him any food or muny the second time. I think I went inside so I cud avoid him...

Quick Reply: a homeless guy rejected my sandwich!