Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic. Almost anything goes.

a homeless guy rejected my sandwich!

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-2005, 04:33 PM
Senior Administrator
Default RE: a homeless guy rejected my sandwich!

FWIW, despite the knowledge that some (but certainly not ALL) of those presenting themselves as "homeless" may or may not be what they represent, I do still offer the ocassional dollar, or two, if I have it to spare, and they seem genuine. I'm less inclined to contribute to someone soliciting my goodwill, ESPECIALLY at a stoplight, where, here in the DC area, there actually seems to be competition for the choice spots.

The areas where the genuinely homeless frequent are well known to NEbody who's been here for more tan a couple years. WHen I pass through those areas, IF I have it to spare, and I happen across one, I will offer food, even going out of my way to stop at a fast-food joint for a burger, or two, and a drink, for them. I can honestly say that none of them has EVER turned down my offer of food. ALL have given me thanks and, a few even offered a blessing...

These are my experiences. You all have your own, I'm sure. DO what your heart tells you and you can never go wrong. Your heart, not your mind, can recognize truth when you see it... <sniff-sniff> (that's so phukkin touching I think I'm gonna cry...) <sniffle-sniff-sniff>

Old 06-11-2005, 04:58 PM
1st Gear

How friggin wierd, I was parked on the street enjoying some icecream waiting for work, then I see this homeless guy walk up to the icecream shop and stop. I don't make anything of it, I finish my icecream (cookies & cream, oh yeh!) and I get out to throw it away, at that point I feel a little bad, the fact that I just had icecream and this dude was staring at the shop. Before I close my door, I get out, walk up to him and offer him 2 bucks. He says No thankyou. I can understand that, some are to proud to take money, OK. So then I am like "would you like me to buy yousome food" and he is all like "no." I don't get it, your homeless, look like you have been under the washer for like weeks, and some nice citizen is trying to give you a little help. What is going through their minds, they may not have anything to eat that day. WTF[sm=alcoholic.gif]

And then there are those homeless people that have a route, and if you are at a spot long enough, you see them twice. Ohh ****, one day I was at the Coffee Bean and this lady came up to me, she looked like she MAY be homeless, and introduced herself all polite, blessed me with her godly words, left, came back 2 minutes later and asked for ride. I was like "sorry I really got to study." Then she leaves all pissed, after doing that approach to several people and getting rejected, she took the bus. The NEXT friggin day she was up there doing the same ****. Who the hell can ask for a ride everyday from people.

Anyways, I agree with that quote, follow your heart. BUT use your mind when the homeless has a paper bag taking swigs at it. [sm=alcoholic.gif]

Old 06-11-2005, 06:44 PM
1st Gear

im glad everyone got such a kick out of my homeless story and shared their own thoughts..

Old 06-11-2005, 07:54 PM
Senior Administrator

It's what we do...

Old 06-13-2005, 05:36 AM
Administrator

u kno wut i hate those beggers there not homeless yet that chill in the parking lot holding thier babys saying they need money for milk and my baby's hungry and all that bad stuff
i crack and always give a buck or 2 but i kinda kno that money probly goin to drugs or booze

u kno wut also sucks when they come up to u befor they make food stamps as cards and they look coupons, i remember this guy comes up and ask if he could switch his food stamps for real money casue u cant use them to buy cigs and booze
uh no

but u gotta love the working annoying ones that also chill at places where you have to stop your car, the ones that just start washing your damn windows sometime getting them dirtier and expecting to get paid, i hate that shiiit but atleast they are trying

Old 07-13-2005, 06:37 AM
1st Gear

you are all hypocritical. you tell these people to go out and get a job but then again do you really think theyre resume is up to date or maybe do you think they are on the street for a reason. I am a hypocrite too. i always think ohh yea they aer going to spend this money on drugs or alcohol but then i realize thats what I am goin to spend it on. Ohh Well!

Old 07-13-2005, 01:32 PM
5th Gear

there's nothing hypocritical about expecting an adult to take care of him/herself...

Old 07-13-2005, 09:57 PM
Administrator

wut if they are disabled

Old 07-14-2005, 12:18 AM
5th Gear

if they're disabled, be it mentally or physically, that's obviously a different story....of course you can't generalize and say that all homeless people are able-bodied, but you can look at homeless people in your community and see that most of them are fine, they're just alcoholics or drug addicts...a small percentage are disabled and should be taken care of, but the majority of them are....i'm just gonna say it....a burden on society....yes, i said it, i believe that MOST homeless people are worthless and contribute nothing to their communities, other than providing volunteer work for others...and yes, as i've said before, i have volunteered countless hours over the years, including nearly every thanksgiving and christmas day...i probably have more community service/volunteer hours than anyone on this forum, and i've spoken to dozens of homeless people about their situations...being laid off is NOT a valid excuse to become a drunk bum, nor is losing your significant other, or any of the other excuses i've heard...their is ALWAYS a way to get back on your feet. i'm not heartless, i'm just being realistic...most homeless people are homeless because they have made too many bad choices in their lives. ok, let the flaming begin.......

Old 07-14-2005, 12:24 AM
Administrator

ORIGINAL: bentframe

if they're disabled, be it mentally or physically, that's obviously a different story....of course you can't generalize and say that all homeless people are able-bodied, but you can look at homeless people in your community and see that most of them are fine, they're just alcoholics or drug addicts...a small percentage are disabled and should be taken care of, but the majority of them are....i'm just gonna say it....a burden on society....yes, i said it, i believe that MOST homeless people are worthless and contribute nothing to their communities, other than providing volunteer work for others...and yes, as i've said before, i have volunteered countless hours over the years, including nearly every thanksgiving and christmas day...i probably have more community service/volunteer hours than anyone on this forum, and i've spoken to dozens of homeless people about their situations...being laid off is NOT a valid excuse to become a drunk bum, nor is losing your significant other, or any of the other excuses i've heard...their is ALWAYS a way to get back on your feet. i'm not heartless, i'm just being realistic...most homeless people are homeless because they have made too many bad choices in their lives. ok, let the flaming begin.......
i kno wut your saying
you just cant just give up and roll over
and blame your problems on somehting else
i lost my job and i can find one
well your not lookin hard enough
if your able to do something you should and not just lay down and die

Quick Reply: a homeless guy rejected my sandwich!