Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic. Almost anything goes.

a homeless guy rejected my sandwich!

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2005, 04:07 PM
Administrator
Default RE: a homeless guy rejected my sandwich!

ORIGINAL: jason745

ORIGINAL: Redgoat

I have an Ex Marlyand PD friend who busted a guy bringing in 1.3 mill a year in panhandling.. said they had been watching him for a long *** time, Doesnt it hurt that they could do all those mods with all that money
Have to call Major B.S. on that one. No freakin way a panhandler could pull in over $3k a day. Not possible.
They Dont work by themselves (the smart and rich ones) they have a ring of people working underneath them..

Old 06-10-2005, 04:31 PM
1st Gear

Homelessness is often the result of mental illness and/or substance abuse. You all have the right to think what you want about these people, but just remember that they’re human, just like the rest of us. Ranting about and making fun of people who you may feel are the “weaker link”…now that's really weak.

Old 06-10-2005, 04:50 PM
4th Gear

ORIGINAL: AWDaholic

ORIGINAL: bentframe

ORIGINAL: CheckMyVitals

'cause you were too busy laying floors thinking it'd get you tail
oooh! burrrnn! again!
PLus all the splinters I hadda get Check to remove from my D!<&. Guess whet his preferred method was. Go ahead, guess. I'll give you a hint. WHen he was done I looked like this

Then I'd go right back and lay another floor
*speechless*

Old 06-10-2005, 06:33 PM
5th Gear

damn, jazz, that was pretty good.

audijapan, i don't know if you've actually been reading this thread, but we haven't been all that insulting. and the points that everyone is bringing up are all very valid. first of all, 90% of the time, it's substance abuse, not mental illness. and second, this thread is people talking about how they TRIED to help them by giving them food, and were rejected.

Old 06-10-2005, 07:43 PM
1st Gear

I hear you.

My wife devotes her life to homeless vets in NYC, so it's tough to listen to certain people who offer to help, but when their efforts aren't appreciated, those same with the good hearts have the ability to suddenly turn those homeless people into nothing more than "bums".

Old 06-10-2005, 08:37 PM
Senior Administrator

ORIGINAL: bentframe

damn, jazz, that was pretty good.
I just swing at the pitches they throw. Spence left a hangin' curve ball up in my wheelhouse and I took him DEEEEEEEEEEEEP over teh wall in center field...[8D]

Old 06-10-2005, 09:47 PM
Administrator

Being homeless is a choice... some people decide to keep doing it, anyone can go get a job, and start out, and save there money

Old 06-10-2005, 09:59 PM
Administrator

i have no love for bums and the homeless that are able to work
u kno my parents came here to this country wit nuthin really (both thier families got robbed by soldeirs on the way here) they worked hard and sweated and never gotted a hand out or begged to get to where they are at now.

so dont even pitty them casue they should be lookin for a job

Old 06-10-2005, 10:07 PM
Administrator

Touche!!!! Glad to hear your parents are living the American Dream.. Work is always needed. So these people could go work

Old 06-10-2005, 10:50 PM
1st Gear

my experience wasn't meant to make fun of the homeless or degrade them in anyway...my main point of this is just that there are real homeless people out there who have no choice but to beg, because how are they going to get a job if they don't have at least some money to begin with...yes they can get a job...but if they aren't presentable (i.e. have cash to get a haircut, buy clothes, etc) then no way in hell employers would want them to work for them..especially since the job market is still pretty tight these days..

but, i just think that it sucks because it's "homeless" people like these that make it more difficult for the people that are really homeless to get money because after stories like mine happen, it's a lot harder to want to help people out...because after this..i know that from now on i'm going to be taking every homeless person who asks me for money with a grain of salt...

Quick Reply: a homeless guy rejected my sandwich!