Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic. Almost anything goes.

a homeless guy rejected my sandwich!

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2005, 01:20 AM
1st Gear
Default a homeless guy rejected my sandwich!

okay, so WTF..

so i'm walking out of safeway and i see this homeless guy sitting on a bench (well he looked homeless to me anyway..he was pretty tore up)..anyways, so here is an excerpt of our conversation:

HOMELESS GUY: "do you have any money?"

ME: "what you going to use it for?" (i always ask this because i don't want them to buy drugs with it)

HOMELESS GUY: "to buy food."

ME: "okay, well i don't want you to buy drugs with it, and i just bought this sandwich just now (i pull it out of my bag)..so you can have it" (and dude..it wasn't any weird looking sandwich..it was like a turkey sandwich).

so he takes the sandwich from me...looks at it for like 10 seconds...then hands it back to me shaking his head..and goes, "NO, i don't want it."

i was quite taken aback by this..and so i was like, "WHAT?"...at this point i'm pretty pissed off that this guy who apparently seems to be homeless and hungry rejected a perfectly good sandwich that i just bought...

but OH NO...that's not all...he goes "can you buy me some sushi?" i was in my head...wtf dude...youre friggin' homeless and what do i look like your damn suga mama or something? so again..i'm like "WHAT?!?!" and i'm like "NO..they don't sell sushi in safeway"..and so like he says, "well can you come back and get sushi then?" ..well by this time i'm soo furious...so i go, "look, i'm giving you the sandwich and if you don't want it then fine..but i'm ont coming back to buy u friggin' sushi."

so then i walk off back to my car...

beggars can't be choosers my *ss...

Old 06-10-2005, 01:32 AM
2nd Gear
Default RE: a homeless guy rejected my sandwich!

yeah everytime they ask me i do the same thing. but they never want food we buy. they just want the cash...and i never give the people holding the signs money...they seems shady to me.

Old 06-10-2005, 01:37 AM
5th Gear

LOL, only in california will a bum turn down a sub sandwich, and request sushi instead....that is classic.

Old 06-10-2005, 01:40 AM
2nd Gear

I've seen this one sorry looking lady who strolls down the street with a sign. I thought she was pretty bad off until I got closer and saw she was wearing designer boots and pants. What ever happened to 'beggers can't be choosers?'

Old 06-10-2005, 01:45 AM
1st Gear

I wish I could find it, but I read once that the average panhandler, or begger actually takes in about $52,000 in cash and free stuff a year, rediculous.

Old 06-10-2005, 02:03 AM
2nd Gear

It's so very true though. I heard of a guy who goes into Manhattan every morning and pan handles all day long. Only too return to where he parked his car and drive home. WTF

Old 06-10-2005, 02:34 AM
Administrator

Jenn you know hes probly just a druggy that wanted some money
and he was probly just ****** wit you
maybe hitting on you
dont even waste your time wit people like that

i did that one time also i came out of micky Ds and i saw a bum and it was $1 tuesday chicken nuggets and i offered a bum 2 boxes and he was like do u have money instead
and i was sorry no, i was like come on you beg for money next to a mcdonalds and dont expect people to offer you some food
they just want to buy booze and drugs

another experence was one time i was leaving the Union station in LA
and while waiting for the light to turn green
this bum was yelling at me from the side walk asking for money
i had no money casue i spent all my money on a dance show which (supporting my friend)cost me about 15$ and then parking cost me a wopping 12$ for parking i was so pissed
i told told the bum i had no money and he went crazy verbally
he was like you guys are all the same
you cant help a brother out (doesnt that get old)
you all drive cars (ya i guess we all drive cars huh)
you all wear glasses (he was just talkin about asians in general now)
act like your better ( i think anyone wit a job is better then you)

then when the light turn green i just yelled out get a ****** job
a hear him sayin fukk you and see the other people in the cars behind me laughin at him
while i drive off

Old 06-10-2005, 03:02 AM
Senior Administrator

Sooooo... Is the sandwich still available?

I haven't eaten ALL day. Turkey would hit da spot rite bout nowMmmmmmm-mm!

Old 06-10-2005, 03:37 AM
1st Gear

hahaha sorry i STUFFED MY FACE with it when i got home cause i was like sh*t..if he doesn't want it...then i'll bask in it's yumminess..

yeah this is the last time i'm gonna be nice to people like that...because i guess i always think..hey in my time of need (hopefully not a beggar need of course) i would want somebody to help me out..so sometimes i gotta do the same..but shiet...if thats the way people are gonna be..then FORGET IT..

i shoulda just slapped him and ran...

Old 06-10-2005, 03:38 AM
Administrator

i dunno i would offer you one Jazz but would u take

Jenn it sounded like u needed that sandwich more then he ever will

Quick Reply: a homeless guy rejected my sandwich!