Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic. Almost anything goes.

Holiday Plans

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-2007, 02:18 PM
Default RE: Holiday Plans

ORIGINAL: S4sweetee

i've been PADI certified since 93!

[sm=smiley20.gif]
Awesome!

I'm PADI certified Advanced Open Water Diver for 4 years now.

Getting into Cuba isn't a problem as i'm a Canadaian citizen but I have another trick up my sleeve; I use a Serbian passport from my birth country and they just wave me on in even quicker haha.

I don't dive as much as i'd like to here in Ontario but every time I go down to Cuba or somewhere tropical I love the diving. So much to see and it is always so amazingly relaxing.

Jerk anything in Jamaica is the greatest thing ever. Try to pick up some sauce to bring home, its amazing.

Old 12-16-2007, 08:17 PM
Lvl-65 Sorceress: 9,571-HP/7,796-EP

did a wall dive at maximum depth, not paying any attention to the vast open blue spaces, cuz the wall was where everything is at, so we take a look in the other direction and see a nice large hammerhead shark. he was far enough away and we were inno way threatening him, but it was very cool to see that.
night dives are awesome. i've done lots of those. grand cayman and bonair are great!

i haven't been in awhile and i miss it. diving people have a great bond, don't you think?

the only scare i had was when i wasn't paying attention to my dive comp and i was doing multi levels. i was in the red zone and had to hang at the bar for quite a while before i could surface. it just seemed to take forever for me to get back in the green zone and i was getting cold. i learned a lesson on that dive.

Old 12-16-2007, 08:23 PM
2nd Gear

holiday.. parents having xmas eve, that's all i got for now. prob plenty of partying too around the later of the month... new years still tryin to figure out what we are going to do?? def some place in boston like always. birthday next month!!

Old 12-16-2007, 08:27 PM
4th Gear

spending time with family and my new gf, goin to poconos (again) and ill wing it from there

Old 12-16-2007, 10:06 PM
3rd Gear

Yeah bonaire was exceptionally beautiful, the salt peir was so much fun. I did some great night dives from shore too. Did you cross the channel and go to Klein Bonaire? Drift diving is usually pretty relaxing too.

My last day in cozumel we were diving a cave called the devils throat, the entrance is at 80 feet and it exits right about 140 feet. I got a little narc'ed on that dive on the way down but it went over cool. Unfortunately jon, another member of our crew, didn't turn out so well. He was with a different group once we hit the water (due to experience....) and he ended up having a massive heart attack under water. I got on the boat and he was dead on deck. We had to wait a good 30 or more minutes on the boat for the rest of the divers to come up. From there it was a good half hour to a resort dock that had been wrecked by a recent hurricane. It was a sad situation waiting for the mexican police, coroner, federales etc.

I agree divers share a cool bond. Me and my dad started diving together, and its one of only a couple things we do together. All divers have an mutual understanding i think. I might be going to Roatan Honduras this summer with a girl i met in bonaire for a week or 2 of scuba. I havent been in a year im getting so antsy i wanna get underwater.

Old 12-16-2007, 10:11 PM
Lvl-65 Sorceress: 9,571-HP/7,796-EP

roatan is nice too. i was there many years ago.
bonair is my favorite, though.
have fun. it's so easy to get hooked, isn't it?

Old 12-16-2007, 10:25 PM
3rd Gear

without a doubt. Im really just starting

Old 12-16-2007, 11:15 PM
2nd Gear

Xmas, eve and day - Working
New years eve and day- Working

St Patricks day - requested off haha

Old 12-16-2007, 11:17 PM
5th Gear

ORIGINAL: Notahondaowner

Xmas, eve and day - Working
New years eve and day- Working

St Patricks day - requested off haha
LOL. St. Patrick's day is good, too.

Do you typically give outa lot of DUI's on New Year's Eve / Day??

Old 12-17-2007, 01:57 AM
2nd Gear

What's a DUI?

Quick Reply: Holiday Plans