Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic. Almost anything goes.

hockey fans??

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2006, 12:16 PM
5th Gear
Default RE: hockey fans??

ORIGINAL: Yuikio

Sorry Bent, I believe in Edmonton. I'd love for them to get it. My second choice would be the Sharks.
sharks are my team just cause that's my home town...they're a good team, they always make it to the playoffs, but it just seems like they don't want it enough...edmonton wants it. the sharks are out now anyway after last night so i guess the oilers are probably gonna take it now

Old 05-18-2006, 01:15 PM
Site Moderator

They need to learn a bit more respect out there in san jose i think. What was the deal with booing the canadian national anthem?? Now im not canadian.. but that isnt right. Not to mention that probably over half of san jose's team is canadian. kinda ironic.

Old 05-18-2006, 01:32 PM
5th Gear

i didn't see the booing thing, that's a little ridiculous..i wonder what their star player thought about that? he's from moose factory, canada.....on a side note, wtf kind of name for a town is 'moose factory'??

Old 05-18-2006, 01:38 PM
Site Moderator

hhahahah... yeah.. it doesnt make much sense for the fans.. Stupid.

I would love to live in a town called moose factory... thats great

Old 05-18-2006, 01:53 PM
3rd Gear

Thornton? Marleau is Canadian too. Vancouver fans booed the American national anthem in 2001 when the Avs kicked the sh*t out of them in the first round.

Yeah, the Sharks got thoroughly worked last night. I mean, 7 breakaways? Toskala was en fuego, but the Edmonton guys all took weak shots, too. Edmonton is just on a massive roll. Their power play is extremely good, they forecheck like nutcases, and Roloson is good enough to make the saves they need him to make.

I hope Edmonton crushes Anaheim, just because of the style that Anaheim plays. I hate seeing teams succeed with that bitchy, clog-the-middle defense. Bryzgalov only really had to play well in the first period of the last game of the Avs series.

Old 05-18-2006, 01:56 PM
Site Moderator

go crazy???....

Yeah, they did boo it then.. i thik the whole thing is disrespectful and dumb... especially when theres players from both countries on each team.

Yeah, i hate the trap..it doesnt make for exciting hockey... but it is quite effective.

Old 05-18-2006, 02:12 PM
5th Gear

i was actually talkin about cheechoo (sp?) ...he was en fuego for a minute but he definitely couldn't do it without thornton...those two made the season pretty exciting to watch though for sharks fans

Old 05-18-2006, 04:03 PM
2nd Gear

I just cannot believe Vancouver didn't make the playoffs this year. I am also mad that i live in seattle now and they don't even have a team. So i root for any canadian teams that make the playoffs, just a little national pride thing goin on.
I think the sharks could have brought that series home. Oh well there is always next year.

Old 05-19-2006, 12:27 AM

ORIGINAL: bentframe
the sharks are out now anyway after last night so i guess the oilers are probably gonna take it now
acceeehhhooo sry im alergic to bullsh!t

Old 05-19-2006, 01:48 AM
5th Gear

ORIGINAL: apg96

ORIGINAL: bentframe
the sharks are out now anyway after last night so i guess the oilers are probably gonna take it now
acceeehhhooo sry im alergic to bullsh!t
don't tell me you think the ducks are gonna take it....

Quick Reply: hockey fans??