Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic. Almost anything goes.

the hill has eyes

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2006, 03:26 AM
4th Gear
Default the hill has eyes

okay i just got out of watching the movie....i thought it was going to be some scary movie u kno. it was the most FUCKED up thing ive ever seen. so gorey, not so much scary just alot of parts made u jump. the movie was aweful! never wanna c it again. Has anyone else seen it? and what do u think?

Old 03-14-2006, 03:56 AM
Default RE: the hill has eyes

Yea, I saw it...like you said, it really wasn't scary. It was just really freaky.. i thought it was quite mild compared to movies like Saw 1 and 2

Old 03-14-2006, 01:06 PM
5th Gear

haven't seen it but i've heard its really good...apparently it's a remake of an old classic i've never heard of

Old 03-14-2006, 03:10 PM
1st Gear

i saw it i thought it was alright but it was fuked up .. not really scarey..definetly would give little boys and girls bad dreams.

Old 03-14-2006, 05:07 PM
2nd Gear

yeah, I can't handle the deform people thing, creeps me out way more than SAW or HOSTEL ever would.

Old 03-14-2006, 05:19 PM
18T
4th Gear

so should i waste my money or no.

Old 03-14-2006, 05:57 PM
4th Gear

def not! at least wait till DVD

Old 03-15-2006, 01:50 AM
3rd Gear

ORIGINAL: bentframe

haven't seen it but i've heard its really good...apparently it's a remake of an old classic i've never heard of
I thought it was fvcking awesome. Those of you who liked Saw II better have lost any respect I may have had for you previously. It was gory, yeah, but the thing that made it awesome was the way it really made you believe that everyone might just die. There weren't any lame horror movie tropes (well, there were, but bear with me) that let you know, deep down, that of course everything would turn out fine. The crowning scene was absolutely over-the-top brutal, because the protagonist family got completely and utterly owned. No stupid-*** "monologuing" to catch the mutants off guard; they didn't make ridiculous Hollywood mistakes; they acted exactly like nuclear mutants with no reason to live except to take their rage out on other people. It was beautifully shot, very well acted, and it SEEMED REAL! You really, really want the good guy to win in the end, partly because what happened to his family, and partly because you aren't absolutely convinced that he will like in every other horror movie I've ever seen. It's suspenseful and scary as hell...and I haven't said that about any horror movie I've seen in the last year--Ring II, Saw II, Skeleton Key, Hostel, whatever. They all blow ******* compared to this.

Old 03-15-2006, 01:59 AM

imdb.com seems to have a split decision on this. Alot of ppl think it blows *** and others think its an amazing film.

Old 03-15-2006, 12:36 PM
5th Gear

ORIGINAL: Yuikio

I thought it was fvcking awesome. Those of you who liked Saw II better have lost any respect I may have had for you previously. It was gory, yeah, but the thing that made it awesome was the way it really made you believe that everyone might just die. There weren't any lame horror movie tropes (well, there were, but bear with me) that let you know, deep down, that of course everything would turn out fine. The crowning scene was absolutely over-the-top brutal, because the protagonist family got completely and utterly owned. No stupid-*** "monologuing" to catch the mutants off guard; they didn't make ridiculous Hollywood mistakes; they acted exactly like nuclear mutants with no reason to live except to take their rage out on other people. It was beautifully shot, very well acted, and it SEEMED REAL! You really, really want the good guy to win in the end, partly because what happened to his family, and partly because you aren't absolutely convinced that he will like in every other horror movie I've ever seen. It's suspenseful and scary as hell...and I haven't said that about any horror movie I've seen in the last year--Ring II, Saw II, Skeleton Key, Hostel, whatever. They all blow ******* compared to this.
that's all i needed to hear, i'll trust yuik! i'm gonna go see it this afternoon.

Quick Reply: the hill has eyes