Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic. Almost anything goes.

Hey Yuikio (and everyone else)

Search this Thread

Old 12-26-2005, 05:51 AM
1st Gear
Default RE: Hey Yuikio (and everyone else)

or maybe this guy is training for the ol roundhouse

Old 12-26-2005, 06:38 AM
4th Gear

ORIGINAL: Yuikio

You were kidding about Chuck and Bruce, right? I know you were kidding. Unless Chuck Norris subbed as a punching bag when Bruce Lee fvcking kicked a hole in the regular one.
no... i'm actually not

Old 12-26-2005, 09:03 AM
2nd Gear

You might not be kidding, but you are mistaken.

A) It's Jeet Kun Do.
B) Norris had absolutely nothing to do with the development of it. Primary evidence of this would be that "Return of the Dragon" showcased the nearly complete philosophy of Jeet Kun Do, and given that Norris had only met Lee shortly before filming began, it's unlikely that he could have played any important role in Jeet Kun Do's development.
C) Norris was trained by Lee in the art of Jeet Kun Do only after it was finished in the late sixties, as were Steve McQueen, Priscilla Presley, Donnie and Marie Osmond, among many others. Norris was not unique in this.
4)"But while Bruce Lee and Chuck Norris were publicly friendly, contrary to what many, including Norris himself states, they were not close friends. Bruce Lee had repeatedly humiliated Chuck Norris during a mock sparring session in the hotel hallway at the Long Beach International Karate Championships in 1964. And Norris had offended Lee when he publicly claimed to be a better fighter than Lee. When word got back to Lee, he called Norris and openly challenged him, threatening to drive to his martial arts dojo to fight. Norris was teaching his black belt class at that time. According to eye witnesses, Lee made Norris hold the phone receiver up and shout in front of his black belts, "Bruce Lee is a better fighter than me!" Later, Norris wrote an apologetic letter to Lee; the original letter is currently in the care of Lee's student, Dan Inosanto. Yet despite these conflicts, the two managed to set aside any differences in pursuit of their mutual film aspirations and develop a friendly public persona toward one another." (Wikipedia - Bruce Lee)
E) Chuck Norris is not like water and is therefore inferior. Didn't you know that?

Old 12-26-2005, 03:10 PM
3rd Gear

Thank you for returning order to my world. Chuck Norris is a hack.

Old 12-26-2005, 04:56 PM
4th Gear

Both Chuck and Bruce were almost as good at acting as Kareem Abdul-Jabbar. [8D]

Old 12-26-2005, 08:47 PM
4th Gear

ahaha, i forgot about kareem

didn't know that silverseven. ****... my world is crumbling!

Old 12-27-2005, 08:15 PM
3rd Gear

Hey, I watched Sidekicks last night, the king of ego-stroking **** movies. Chuck Norris produced, about an asthmatic kid whose hero is Chuck Norris, who dreams up scenarios in which he is Chuck Norris' sidekick saving his hot history teacher from whatever incarnation of Joe Piscopo he can think of. Chuck Norris manages to get himself, in no order, hair extensions, a ride on a ladder hanging from a helicopter, a long trenchcoat from whence he pulls machine guns, a white ninja costume, some incredibly cheesy lines, and the worship of this kid, who says at one point something like "I'm not strong like you, Chuck!" " I know, hold on as best you can." Ahahahaha.

The finale is Chuck Norris popping in on the Texas Jr Karate Kick-offs or whatever, getting cheered at like he's NSync in 1999 (girlish screams) and then kicking someone's *** in. Then vanishing from a park bench like Ryu Hayabusa.

Highly recommend it, for those who love Chuck and those who hate Chuck.

Old 12-27-2005, 08:39 PM
Administrator

ohh yeah, I remember that movie.. classic in my book...

Old 12-27-2005, 11:00 PM
2nd Gear

One of my dad's best friends was the kickboxing champion of NC back in the day and he got to fight Chuck Norris for the national (I think). Regardless of what the fight was for, I know someone who fought him and lost.

Old 12-28-2005, 12:31 AM
Administrator

you should print out the list, and give it to him, and add one to the bottom that says something in regards to him getting his *** whooped