Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic. Almost anything goes.

help me find a car too?

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2010, 02:51 PM
5th Gear
Default help me find a car too?

so I'm for a new or used car. something that i really don't have to worry about fixing and as far as modding goes, may just wheels and chip. I prefer forced induced from factory and it most definitely have to be manual. coupe, 4 door or hatch, doesn't matter. price has to be below 25000. as far as mileage i don't have want anything above 60k. i know that for the price range i'm looking at a 4 banger but not problem. at least 200hp though lol. don't matter if it's FWD or AWD or RWD either. right now i'm looking toward a 2010 Genesis Coupe 2.0T 6 speed and i'm most likely going with either a base model or premium or r-spec. anybody have any ideas of other cars?

oh i forgot to mention i hate the accord coupe, i feel like i'm sitting in a tank with a peephole instead of a windshield

Old 05-13-2010, 12:36 AM
Administrator

The Genesis is a great bargain! For $30K (I know it's a bit out of your price range) you get Brembo brakes and also a V8 engine.

What about a B7 Avant?

Old 05-13-2010, 12:49 PM
Tech Slut

You can find a really nice TT for 25k. I have always wanted a nice black or silver TT coupe. But i hate sideways engines and haldex lol.

Old 05-13-2010, 03:23 PM
Site Moderator

You can follow Jeff's example and get a twin turbo BMW 330I (i think thats what it was, maybe 335)
with a 6 speed. That car has mucho potential.

Last edited by auditech79; 05-13-2010 at 03:30 PM.
Old 05-13-2010, 03:31 PM
Site Moderator

http://www.autoblog.com/2006/04/23/b...high-rez-shot/
There we go, 335i. It may be out of your price range just a smidge though, but worth every penny.

Old 05-13-2010, 07:06 PM
Administrator

300zx turbo. Z32 generation. $8000 for a solid one and with a grand and half a weekend it'll be at 425hp. Done.

Old 05-14-2010, 10:53 AM
5th Gear

screw the Genesis. yes it's pretty nice but after thinking about it, it's RWD which i've decided i can't deal with because of the weather we get and the shifter shakes like a **** at idle. i guess it's pretty common with those cars according to the genesis forums.

however, for about 3k more i can get a WRX 5 speed. i think the only thing i need to do is convince my dad that the 4 banger in the WRX is not joke lol. he's worried that a 4 banger is not enough power for the hills. i don't blame him one bit. i'm gonna go test drive it today and see how much i can get for my car as a trade in.

mctavish i'm following your foot steps lol

Old 05-14-2010, 11:00 AM
Administrator
Old 05-14-2010, 10:43 PM
5th Gear

as of right now, i don't think i'll ever buy any of those things lol.

so i test drove the 2010 WRX base model today. since it's a new car and has a turbo, they wouldn't let me go over 4k but the cool saleman did let me speed like a **** in the hills hehe. i have to say it's way better than my car in the performance aspect but the sound system and the quality of the interior is kind of lacking. idk maybe i'm just too used to the luxury interior lol. also the no heated seats are grrrr. the cool thing is even though the interior is black, it was sitting in direct sunlight all day and when i got in, it wasn't even hot. what's even better is the one i test drove isn't the one i want to buy. the one i want buy, that they wouldn't let me drive, has basically 0 miles on it. what's great about these cars is the hill control system. when you're on a slope, you can take your foot off the brakes and the car will stay still for about 2 seconds before it starts to roll back. i also love the clutch, it's light, short travel and grabs about half way up. i felt the boost at around 3400 rpm and had to shift at 4k but holy crap was it amazing. as soon as it hit boost the rpms just shot up like a ****. idk what my dad says about it being stick, i'm making him buy this car lol. i took turns in the hills at 50 and the sales man was like you can do faster than that, i usually do 60. there's a very good chance i'm buying that car from him unless he stiffs me on the trade in. i only want 2500 for my car so he better give me that or else i'm gonna go down the road 30 min and buy a black rex.

thanks for your helps guys but i think i found the car

Old 05-14-2010, 11:22 PM
Administrator

no Dodge cop car? Its got cop shocks and a cop motor, a 440 plant! Its the new Blues-mobile!

Quick Reply: help me find a car too?