Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic. Almost anything goes.

Heading to E3!!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2006, 07:44 PM
4th Gear
Default RE: Heading to E3!!!

ORIGINAL: EvilA4

I went about 90 - 140 all the way.
That was smart.

Did you play anything cool while there?

Old 05-12-2006, 11:11 PM
1st Gear

I'm a BF2 player as well. I love the game and am a pretty darn good Heli pilot, but can't fly planes that well. Love to see other BF2'ers around.

Old 05-13-2006, 04:34 PM
4th Gear

Back on the PS3 - I heard that only the pricey version will support 1080p, so if you spent big on your HDtv, then time to spend big again. Looks like this is going to be a pricey console to really see the benefits over the 360.

Old 05-13-2006, 06:09 PM
2nd Gear

You're wrong, pc games are not on the decline. I can't stand consoles and their shitty controls. PC is the way to go.

Old 05-13-2006, 06:30 PM
Administrator

no he is right.. consoles are taking over the market.. yeah PC's are great, but not everyone wants to hook their PC up to their big Screen and Surround Sound.. and thats where the consoles come in

Old 05-13-2006, 06:35 PM
2nd Gear

ORIGINAL: Redgoat

no he is right.. consoles are taking over the market.. yeah PC's are great, but not everyone wants to hook their PC up to their big Screen and Surround Sound.. and thats where the consoles come in
If they really are that truly sucks. I hate consoles.

Old 05-15-2006, 04:08 AM

My gas gauge is fine, as soon as I turned the car on again... it was accurate... I was able to get 450 miles till I had to fill up... INSANE!! The gas gauge crapped out on the grapevine, if anyone knows what that can do to a car. Its brutal.

E3 was ******* bad ***... originally I thought it was ok... then the free **** took over. I was shmoozing my way into press only events and booths. As of now, I have about 7 bags full of free shwag. I could sell all of this **** to cover the trip.

Just to recap; the PS3 is really overhyped... seriously. They said they had the motion control for a year; they basically told the creators of warhawk to put it in the game almost 10 days before E3 started. I was able to play Gran Turismo HD... it may have looked OK (seriously... just ok) but the game still has hodge podge physics. It was GT4 running in 1080p... thats all.

The Nintendo Wii had a line that stretched from its booth all the way around E3. ETA for seeing the Wii if you arrived at 9 or 10... 8 fooking hours!! Although, you do get a backpack/bag with an image of the controller which closely resembles a flacid *****. Too funny.

My companies booth, Konami, was BOOMING. At any given point, there were 300 to 400 people watch their giant big screen... for the new MGS trailer. Some people actually cried when they saw it... weird.

The game Im pretty stoked on is Test Drive Unlimited. Its almost just a cruising game with a bunch of cars, a full scale map of Hawaii, and 1000 friends crusing around with on online. The premise is actually a game I was writing a game doc up for and ready to pitch... oh well. I was able to play it and I must say, it felt nice. Theres even a button to roll the windows up and down... enough said.

I have a lot of other stuff to share, but I will limit it... long posts are boring.

Yea... hate to break it to you Kilo; just because you like computers doesnt mean the market is dying... because it kinda is. In a couple years, it will only be independents and people who want to break into the console market. As of now, a hand full of companies control the console market; the largest of them is EA. People who want to make console games will usually have to find a publisher and will eventually be bought out by a company like EA. In the PC market, its much easier to publish a game on your own, especially with internet distribution.

The simple idea is this; which I had years ago: Who the hell wants to spend 3k on a computer, for the most updated stuff, only to have it become outdated a couple months later. LAN parties are over rated... you have the nerds who bring their PCs (which they call RIGS) and take about 15 mins to set everything up. And its not like those basterds are going to let anyone else play... its their rig. Consoles are much more social and their is no commitment; you can just pick a controller up, play, then put it down... no problem, its easily accessible to everyone. People say consoles cost a lot of money; but in the long run, you have a system that everyone else has... everyone has the same chance as you do, everyone sees the same game (now its dependent on HD but its still the same game). The cost to upgrade a PC makes no sense. 3 years ago, I had a pretty aggressive system; now its totally subpar and can barely run some of the games coming out today.

Consoles rule... I like PCs too.. but the future is in the home console. Sorry bro!

Old 05-15-2006, 05:11 AM
Administrator

^^^ Good read.. tell us more!!!

Old 05-15-2006, 01:42 PM
4th Gear

You hate to hear that the system you are waiting for is overhyped. [:@]

Especially if you are going to have big money in it.

Old 05-15-2006, 11:13 PM

Still on the E3 stuff while its fresh in my mind...

If anyone is interested in the MK series... the new one looks pretty good, way better than the previous versions... but the fighting system is still broken as hell (since nothing had really changed). I was able to crash the game three times before they literally banned me from the booth. The funny part was, its impossible to not crash the game. Something with Sub Zero and blocking certain moves...

Played two prominant MMO FPS games; Huxly and Tabula Rasa. Huxly was my first stop, in WEBZEN'S GIANT booth. Free shwag included a really random inflatable raft, t shirts, and a flashing W necklace. They had a tournament between like 30 people to see who could win a 2 gig flash drive. I was so pissed, I got second by only one point (our score was 70 to 71). The engine is based off the UT 2k7 engine, so it looked really nice. Huxly is emphasizing PVP stuff, so it may not float a lot of peoples boats. Tabula Rasa, on the other hand, is more NPC battle stuff. I was really digging it much but the headphones you used seriously cut out ALL NOISE except for the game. I actually fell a sleep playing the game because it was so nice blocking out all of the sound.

XBOX 360s booth was just as big as PS3's, but I thought it was a bit more popular (oh btw... my friends ran into Phil Lamar and ******* Sinbad at the PS3 booth... WTF!!). Dead Rising was pretty funny, but somewhat broken in terms of bugs and what not. I mean, you cant strafe in that game... which is something it totally needed. I could definatly see myself playing through it 2 or 3 times. Moto GP has and always will be a terrible motorcycle game... hands down, it is a piece of **** when it comes to simulating bikes... and thats all Im going to say. I played TOO HUMAN as well, which in its own right is a terrible game. It was very alpha so I guess I cant be too critical.

I was able to shmooze my way into a press only event for GEARS OF WAR (thanks Fred)!! I dont know what people are busting a nut over, the game is just ******* KILLSWITCH with better graphics. That game was my favorite for awhile... Im pretty sure GOW will be the exact same game, so Im sure I will love it. Im just pissed a second killswitch wasnt made...

Im not into it, but WOW announced their new race and raised the Level Cap to 70. Shurg... some people get a hard on hearing that. It could be you...

If anyone has seen MALLRATS, the lower level called Kentia Hall would be considered the DIRT MALL; its got all sorts of knock off games. I mean, they have some terrible crap... and then there are brilliant games down there. Its a mixed bag... almost like a flea market of vendors and distributors. The worst game I saw was this "adventure" game from Greece. I had to say it was good because everyone in the booth was loaked... the first guy that shook my hand almost broke it O_O The game was a tomb raider wanna be that was so bad, its like the original tomb raider done wrong. I dont want to remember it...

If anyones got questions, hit me up. Im forgetting alot of stuff, I was basically awake for 3 or 4 days straight. Exhausted.

Quick Reply: Heading to E3!!!