Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic. Almost anything goes.

Hate Deer?...Carnage Pics

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2006, 08:36 PM
6th Gear
Default RE: Hate Deer?...Carnage Pics

ORIGINAL: StepUpProductions

Anyone else have one of these awesome run-ins with our good friend mr. deer?
Yeah the girlfriend hit a deer at about 50mph a few weeks ago while on our way to dinner. Luckily there was no damage (to the car), the deer pretty much just slid across the hood.

Old 02-26-2006, 09:55 PM
Senior Administrator
Default RE: Hate Deer?

ORIGINAL: Cheese Eater

ORIGINAL: Toff_the_Toffee

Deers are impressive animals. Sucks that the pair of you met in such cruddy circumstances! On a side note, I was watching outdoor channel t'other day, and there was a hunting programme on. These friggers went out, shot a deer, and just took the antlers home. Friggin scum. They were sat there saying how beautiful it was, and a fine beast, and I was thinking " well well done, you shot the ****** from half a mile away, and it is no longer a magnificent beast. What an acomplishment. At least take it home and eat the ******!". Killing for food is fine. Killing for the hell of it, and to stick a bloody horn on your wall... Lame.
i hear ya man, i cant stand those shows. first off they're on a game farm so no **** you can find a magnificent specimen and usually they use high powered rifles. retarded, but i have seen some negative reports on just taking the antlers on the shows and supposedly, the meat is donated to local soup kitchens for the poor.

anyway, stepup, hate to see that happen man, did that once when i was 16, but the car was an old junker and too much snow on the road to go faster than 25. dont know the lay out of where it happened, but if there were trees linning the road, at least you aimed for the deer.
I thinkit'd be MUCH MORE sporting if we gave teh Deer High-Powered rifles, too!!! See how good those assclowns'd be with Deer slingin rounds BACK attem!!!

Old 02-26-2006, 10:27 PM
Administrator

its not to bad, it very fixable, doesnt look like any damage on the fenders so i say just get some ECODES, a new hood (maybe a CF one) and maybe a nice aftermarket bumper

Old 02-26-2006, 11:11 PM
Senior Administrator

Maybe MOD your front end... Like this (see attachment #1) Or, like this (see attachment #2)

[IMG]local://upfiles/4805/A395B8F7FCB9440D83846142039902C1.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/4805/A325E39BF3FB45A2B48A50118EB2D646.jpg[/IMG]

Old 02-27-2006, 12:21 AM
2nd Gear

i peeked under the folded hood and everything looks pretty pressed in back there, the radiator is smashed into the pullys and serpentine belt and i think theres some parts out of the pullys missing so... il have to see how it goes

... all this right after i put my new air/fuel gauge in and was testing it out... awesome

Old 02-27-2006, 04:01 AM
2nd Gear

Yeah, about 2 years ago on US 395 near June Lake, California. Happened around noon, about 3 or 4 of them came out of nowhere from the right side of the road, smacked iinto my wife's Explorer - into the right fender and front door. One of the hooves came through the windshield. My daughter, who was sitting in the right front really freaked - had glass all over her - and a little deer blood. Did about $4,200 damage to the Explorer.

Old 02-27-2006, 05:00 AM
Senior Administrator

how many of you guys clicked the link hoping for pics of a mangled deer?

Old 02-27-2006, 03:26 PM
2nd Gear

I have to find the pics when i hit the deer with my motorcycle. It was not pretty.

Old 02-27-2006, 03:41 PM
Senior Administrator

ORIGINAL: Kellya4

I have to find the pics when i hit the deer with my motorcycle. It was not pretty.
Ummm... WHAT, pray tell, was a Deer DOING with yor Motorcycle?!?!?

(sorry, I hadda ask... Cudn't help myself[])

Old 02-27-2006, 04:52 PM
3rd Gear

Glad to hear you are ok man, that's a pretty close call. Glad the car took the brunt of it. There are hundreds of wild deer roaming free around by me, and I have had a couple of close calls myself. Hopefully I never have one quite as close as yours. What's happening with the car?

Quick Reply: Hate Deer?...Carnage Pics