Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic. Almost anything goes.

Happy Valentiens Day!

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2009, 05:48 PM
3rd Gear

Drunk.... clumsy, loud, angry, blacked out, slurred speech, hangover

Pot..... Hungry, happy, sleepy

I respect the choices of the people around me, hell when i was in jamaica last month i certainly drank my share of red stripe and rum punch every day. (USA says im not old enough)

My issue is that Marijuana is far less destructive and dangerous than Alcohol and Tobacco, both of which are legal. The US government has classified Marijuana as a scedual 1 controlled substance, meaning it has a very high probability of abuse, has no medical value, and is dangerous to your health.

Marijuana dose not fit any one of those criteria, meanwhile Alcohol and Tobacco both of which are dangerous to your health (long and short term) and have ZERO medical value and a VERY HIGH probability of abuse are mysteriously absent from the DEA's scedual 1 drug list.

It is embarrassing for our government to have a policy of FORCED ERADICATION of a plant with so much potential. Cannabis could provide the US with a sustainable source of 100% of our fiber and transportation fuel needs. It can be used as a medicine that will stop a stroke in its tracks, relieve chronic pain and nasuea, stop wasting in aids paitents and most importantly provide people with a better quality of life. Furthermore it is a safer choice as a recreational drug than alcohol and tobacco. And our government actually wants to wipe this plant off the face of the earth?

I have no problem with alcohol, but if you can legally go to a state run liquer store and buy enough alcohol to kill you for under $50, then i should be allowed to smoke a joint without fear of going to jail.

Alcohol prohibition didnt work and marijuana prohibition hasnt been working for 70 years. Lets stop wasting the 49 billion dollars of state and federal money dedcated to the war on marijuana every year. Lets stop arresting over 1,000,000 americans a year.

Seriously its about ******* time we end this bull ****.

Last edited by SourDieselS4; 02-15-2009 at 05:52 PM.
Old 02-15-2009, 05:50 PM
Lvl-65 Sorceress: 9,571-HP/7,796-EP

Originally Posted by MrFlippant
St. Patrick's Day - now you're talking!

You guys should all come to Des Moines for St. Pat's; we've got TONS of Irish bars. We'll get an AF Party Bus with a keg so we don't have to stop drinking between pubs!
that actually sounds like fun!
(Amze and CAB can be the bus drivers)