Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic. Almost anything goes.

H.r. 1388???

Search this Thread

Old 10-16-2009, 01:32 AM

Originally Posted by Palindari™
Recently I was asked why I have not been about lately... posts like this is one...
Well.. ok... Did ya maybe, possibly, happen to notice the 3 ???'s included in the title?

and the 3 more in the first line "Just got an email from a family friend about this??? here is what some of it read..."

This was something i copied and posted into this thread from an email, all those ?'s were me asking, not stating facts or putting a spin on anything, I did not write any of this! I was curious if anyone had heard anything about this, and I thank you for your fact check link...

Don't blame me or my post for your absence. Thnx.

Old 10-16-2009, 01:36 AM
4th Gear

not you McT - it's the responses you got... besides I've been off being busy waging war against Glenn Beck and that boy says enough to keep anyone gamefully employed, mate

didn't mean that at you personally

Old 10-16-2009, 01:39 AM

Word

S'all good in the hood

*totally awesome high five all 80's style* Woot!

Old 10-16-2009, 09:56 AM

Somehow I feel responsible for Palindari's infrequent visits.

But I am always willing, and usually fair, when it comes to debate. I applaud Glenn Beck for his investigations into Van Jones and ACORN. He certaintly says some silly things, but if you also watch shows on MSNBC like the Ed Show, Hardball, Countdown, and Maddow, you will atleast have as much nonsense to complain about. An objective analysis of cable news programming goes far beyond Glenn Beck.

Old 10-16-2009, 12:11 PM

I like to wacth Special Report with Bret Baier at 6pm on Fox. It does a good job of mixing news and balanced commentary. O'Reilly is thoughtful and can be insightful. I cant stand listening/wacthing Van Susteran talk so I dont know a lot about her show. Hannity = doofus. Cavuto atleast tries to be objective but he can get a bit boring. Beck can be entertaining, but sometimes he stretches things, atleat he doesnt pretend to be something that hes not.

I try to watch MSNBC a few times a week to get the full perspective but much of their programming is bad. Most of their liberal guests are not held accountable for saying the most ridiculous things. Their "news reporting" from 2-5pm is filled with smug commentary and disguised as objective. The evening lineup is a bunch of talking heads who look down their noses at the GOP and blame them for everything that doesnt work out the way they want it to. Morning Joe does a decent job, and the Morning Meeting is tolerable at times.

The ratings speak volumes. Fox daytime programs even beat out MSNBCs evening shows. Recent polls show that Fox has a much more politically diverse audience than MSNBC. And negative coverage of Obama vs. McCain during the last two weeks of the election was even on Fox, but greatly scewed in Obama's favor on MSNBC. Plus you have Fox being accussed of working with the GOP when MSNBC ownwer Jeff Immelt is a white house advisor.

If Obama was truly worried about journalisic integrity, he would do a lot more than declare war on Fox. Obama is much more concerned with his highly manufactured reputation.

Old 10-16-2009, 08:55 PM

Originally Posted by vnv727
Why do so few people seem to check snopes and the other sites like it before passing on nonsense they received in email?

Urgh.
f*** if i know. My best friends dad sent me that, usually he is on top of only sending, well, top notch stuff, or close to it, usually just fun stuff, or gun related stuff, i was kinda suprised to get this one from him, kinda y i posted, cuz i figured if he was sending it, there must be something going on, not necessarily to the level of the content of the email parse, but something nonetheless.