Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic. Almost anything goes.

H.r. 1388???

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-2009, 08:11 PM
Default H.r. 1388???

Just got an email from a family friend about this??? here is what some of it read...

Whether you are an Obama fan, or not, EVERYONE IN THE U. S. needs to know....

Something happened... H.R. 1388 was passed behind our backs (or at least mine, this is the first i have heard of this) You may want to read about it. It wasn't mentioned on the news... just went by on the ticker tape at the bottom of the CNN screen.

Obama funds $20M in tax payer dollars to immigrate Hamas Refugees to the USA . This is the news that didn't make the headlines...

By executive order, President Barack Obama has ordered the expenditure of $20.3 million in "migration assistance" to the Palestinian refugees and "conflict victims" in Gaza .
The "presidential determination", which allows hundreds of thousands of Palestinians with ties to Hamas to resettle in the United States , was signed on January 27 and appeared in the Federal Register on February 4.

Few on Capitol Hill, or in 20 the media, took note that the order provides a free ticket replete with housing and food allowances to individuals who have displayed their overwhelming support to the Islamic Resistance Movement
(Hamas) in the parliamentary election of January 2006.

Let's review....itemized list of some of Barack Obama's most actions close to the time of his inauguration:

His first call to any head of state, as president, was to Mahmoud Abbas, leader of Fatah party in the Palestinian territory.

His first one-on-one television interview with any news organization was with Al Arabia television.

His first executive order was to fund/facilitate abortion(s) not just here within the U. S. , but within the world, using U. S. tax payer funds.

He ordered Guantanamo Bay closed and all military trials of detainees halted (ordered, whether anything will happen or not)

He ordered overseas CIA interrogation centers closed.

He withdrew all charges against the masterminds behind the USS Cole and the "terror attack" on 9/11.

Now we learn that he is allowing hundreds of thousands of Palestinian refuges to move to, and live in, the US at American taxpayer expense.

These issues were "lost" in the blinding bail-outs and "stimulation" packages.

Doubtful? To verify this for yourself: http://www.thefederalregister.com/d....-02-04-E9-2488

Old 10-12-2009, 09:32 PM
Tech Guru

Obama's administration must be what madness looks like.

Old 10-12-2009, 10:59 PM
5th Gear

What scares me most is that we still have YEARS to go before another election...

Old 10-13-2009, 11:15 AM

Hmmm....first I heard of this one. The document doesnt explicitly state that the migration destination is exclusively the US. It seems that the money will be spent to help refugee assistance organizations and to pay for migration to unspecified locations. Surely, some of the refugees will end up in this country, but that may not be such a bad thing.

In any case, Obama's attitude towards the Islamic nations has been divisive. In many ways it helped him win the Nobel Peace Prize. His critics call it naive, while his supporters say that he is engaging the world. He runs the risk of appearing weak and being manipulated by our enemies.

I certaintly wonder about his intentions when he does an interview with al-Arabiya, but refuses to go on Fox News, which is consistenly the highest rated cable news channel and has the most politically diverse audience according to recent polls.

Old 10-13-2009, 11:30 AM
5th Gear

i'm not racist but i think that's another hole Obama created for terrorists to enter the US legally. not saying there aren't plenty of other ways but it's much harder to enter legally. now if that did happen, which building do you think is going down next?

Old 10-14-2009, 08:01 PM
4th Gear

Recently I was asked why I have not been about lately... posts like this is one...

http://www.factcheck.org/2009/05/hr-...ind-our-backs/

Old 10-14-2009, 08:03 PM
Tech Guru

Then quit being a bitch and defend your point of view. Or just don't view political threads. I miss your witty banter in TPAM.

Old 10-14-2009, 08:52 PM
4th Gear

My point of view? Been made numerous times, AG. That's why I posted the link. No matter what happens crap like this resurfaces with a new spin and everyone gobbles it up like it's the gospel...

But I can say this... I sure hope a GOP candidate makes it into the presidency only so I can listen to the Dems **** and moan for you Neocons whine far worse than those that cried about Gore losing back in 2000 lol...

And I'm back in TPAM, mate

Old 10-15-2009, 10:18 AM

Originally Posted by Palindari™
My point of view? Been made numerous times, AG. That's why I posted the link. No matter what happens crap like this resurfaces with a new spin and everyone gobbles it up like it's the gospel...

But I can say this... I sure hope a GOP candidate makes it into the presidency only so I can listen to the Dems **** and moan for you Neocons whine far worse than those that cried about Gore losing back in 2000 lol...

And I'm back in TPAM, mate
This nonsense about HR 1388 smelled like BS from the beginning.

However, I dont put to much trust in FactCheck.org

http://albanymediabias.blogspot.com/...urns-left.html

BTW, hows that Gitmo thing working out so far?

Old 10-16-2009, 01:22 AM
4th Gear

The plan to shut it down by 2010 seems to be moving forward.