Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic. Almost anything goes.

the GYM THREAD (oohhhhhhhhhhh)

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-2006, 02:54 PM
3rd Gear
Default RE: slow morning

at some point your going to run into a situation where your not getting any stronger and your growth slows down, it happens to everyone, its like you hit a wall, you dont seam to make any more gains your workouts get boring, and most people stop working out or slowly go less and less.. you just have to change up your diet and change your work out, you muscles can get use to the same type of Exercises and become use to them to the point where they dont work anymore, so you need to switch thing up, a good rule of thumb is change things around every few month so you dont get bored and you workouts vary

Old 06-21-2006, 03:57 PM
1st Gear

yea bravo is exactly right hitting those walls suck , all u gotta do is keep going and changing ur exercises. thanx for the write too i didnt kno any of that and i understand exactly u can kind of look at an average person and kinda tell which group they fall into.

Old 06-21-2006, 04:05 PM
3rd Gear

yea im in the fat *** group trying to look like the Mesomorph, I hate those guys, those are the ones that usually look 10x stronger then they are, they usually have very thin skin so you see all thier definition.. I hate that crap.. oh well, we always want what we cant have..

Old 06-22-2006, 05:10 AM

Dude, Im impressed with the size and all, but being a martial artist, I've learned that mass is a block to chi and any and all energy, bulk is not what its all about for health and longevity...some's definitley good, but don't get any bigger

Old 06-22-2006, 12:24 PM
1st Gear

what martial art do you study?

Old 06-22-2006, 01:12 PM
3rd Gear

my goal is to bench twice my body weight or 500 then im going to just workout to stay heathy and look good, i was looking into some martil arts classes myself with my cop buddy going to be starting that up in a few months..

Old 06-22-2006, 04:16 PM
1st Gear

i would reccomend kickboxing, muay thai or jiu jitsu i duno ur interests but i train all 3 and each one alone gets you into amazing shape also if ur looking for some self-defense stuff

Old 06-22-2006, 04:27 PM
3rd Gear

ill check those out, I think my buddy wanted to gear more twards a defensive type of martil arts more thows and take downs.. he is a cop and gets into alot of hairy situations..

Old 06-22-2006, 05:05 PM
1st Gear

go with jiu jitsu then it incorporates alot of judo throws, wrestling take downs and self-defense moves. jiu jitsu is ground oriented because thats what normally happens when ur in a fight

Old 06-22-2006, 05:58 PM
3rd Gear

Ill look into that.. took karate and self defense in college, my instuctor was a 6 degree black bet of some sort and was small he would all ways single me out because i was the big guy, had this little girl like 100lbs also she was a 3rd drgree, she would throw my *** around.. it was funny.. we ended up hooking up but thats a whole different story.. all i will say was she was rough..lol

but thanks ill look into some of that.. and see whats around..

Quick Reply: the GYM THREAD (oohhhhhhhhhhh)