Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic. Almost anything goes.

the GYM THREAD (oohhhhhhhhhhh)

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2006, 01:20 PM
2nd Gear
Default RE: slow morning

ORIGINAL: rjplunk9

ORIGINAL: PJTocci

since i ate **** and dranmk sooo much tontie im gonna burn 600 cals on ellepitcal on moindayyyyyyyyy!!! then lift. beat that.
I thought that you weren't susposed to workout right after cardio?

I lift about 6 hours later.

Old 06-19-2006, 05:46 PM
3rd Gear

ORIGINAL: JohnnyBravoA4

ORIGINAL: QuattroGT74

6'1", 245lbs, 12% bfr. I have been working out since I was around 15yo. Former professional rugby player. I am 31 now and I am struggling to keep the motivation and dedication required to stay in great shape. I need a kick in the ***!

dam you must be one large guy at 245 and 12% bfr.. is that tested or estimated. I hear you with the motivation its hard sometimes i would asume more so when you get older im still 24 but when you have a wife and maybe some kids other things just take up more time its hard to stay with it at that point..
That was tested - 7 months ago.[8D]

I'm sure I am somewhat higher now as I haven't been in the gym for over 4 months! Thanks for making me feel fat you bastard

Old 06-19-2006, 05:57 PM
3rd Gear

hey i have up on cardio.. its fine but 4 months off is a while.. its always tough to get back into it when you have taken time off like that.. one of the reasons i have not really been consistant with cardio, broke my ankle in two places when I was at 212 with a 7.86% i was in the best shape of my lige thus far and now im at 240 sitting at an estimated 12-13 it sucks

Old 06-19-2006, 08:49 PM
1st Gear

im 5'9 170lb i recently injured my back about 2 1/2 weeks ago while training jiu jitsu. i felt like absolute **** since i couldnt lift or train. i normally train 6 days a week and lift on 3 of them. normally im at 160-165 but since i havent worked out in a few weeks i gained like 5-10 pounds it feels so gross . anyway my back is pretty much all healed and im going back into training wednesday!!! yesss. before i started training MMA i couldnt get a good enough cardio workout to get cut. running and **** was so damn boring i would just stop after a few miles. Now i train jiu-jitsu, muay thai, wrestling and i am a mixed martial artist. up until 3 weeks ago i was in amazing shape. while in training i normally eat 5 small meals a day , white meat, whole wheat, fruit, lots of greeeeeeeens mmmmm :P

for the people who want to get cut find something active to do , stick to it and get in shape!

Old 06-20-2006, 09:05 PM
3rd Gear

now thats good advise..

im a little different though, I like my strength, not to fond of the mid section but im putting up some impressive number right now, when i got that all goes to ****, its a mind game when you get stong, you cant have both, well naturally anyway, you cant be lean and look amazing and be really strong it just dose not work, because to be lean you have to burn more calories than you intake, to be strong you need energy, so you need to eat more and intake more then you burn or find a diet where you can gain size and little fat but still you need to eat and eat alot.. it sucks.. when I hit another wall which should be soon ill start cutting..

Old 06-21-2006, 04:58 AM
1st Gear

yea ur right u can be strong for a certain size or weight though. and by being lean that allows u to be the strongest in ur weight class rather than just huge.

Old 06-21-2006, 02:09 PM
3rd Gear

it dose not always work that way though everyone is different.. Essentially three body types of people, there is the Ectomorph A thin, delicate build This individual has trouble gaining weight and muscle growth takes much longer to achieve and is harder to maintain. These people are usually never really big without the use of steroids. The mesomorph is the second type this individual has little trouble gaining or losing weight and possesses the ability to rapidly pack on muscle mass. These are the "body beautiful" types that have little problem with being under or overweight. These individuals can usually eat whatever they want and miss workouts with almost no visible affect, and finally the endomorph. Usually characterized by a soft, round body and is usually a person of large stature. This individual has trouble losing weight but usually gains muscle rather easily. These individuals tend to be heavy with a high percentage of both body fat and muscle. In each body type there should be a different diet to achieve similar goals but keep in mind because everyone is different and falls into one of the three of these categories there development is going to be different. An Ectomorph can stay lean and eat a large amount of food never make any real gains but can be rather strong for his body weight, (keep in mind I’m setting up a situation where each body builder wants to achieve the same goal, a nice lean look and we are comparing that to strength) this individual may never really look muscular because he cant keep on any weight. The Mesomorph is the perfect body builder, he can gain weight and stay lean, or he can bulk and be able to loose unwanted fat without sacrificing strength. This person can maintain a good lean look at keep strengths relatively high. Most people don’t fall under that category. Like myself an ectomorph can gain muscle mass the easiest but he will also gain fat, so therefore when this person cuts or tries to lean out he looses a considerable amount of strength because he cant eat the right kind of foods to keep energy up to a level where he can still be stong..
so with that said even if someone looks big, im talking about somone that is really lean bf lower than 9% ususally wont be all that stong, take me as an example when im around 12% body fat like i am now im sitting at 240 and I maxed out yesterday for the first time in a month at 455 on bench thats 188% of my total body wieght when i was 215 and a mesured 7.89% on a really strickt diet last summer I was only putting up 370 thats only 172% of my body weight, now at 215 I look biger becasue im more cut but im weaker, this happens to most people who workout..

Old 06-21-2006, 02:20 PM
5th Gear

i think i'm probably an ectomorph then..

nick, your advise has been a huge help so far, just want to say thanks again for all your help! i was standing in front of a mirror this morning and i noticed that my shoulders, neck, and arms are getting noticeably larger...especially the muscle that connects your shoulders to your neck (can you tell i know a lot about the human body? )...its been about a month now of daily workouts, i'm definitely stoked to see the changes that have already happened..i'm not quite as hardcore as you guys yet, i don't know my bf % or even what my max is, i pretty much just wander the gym and use whatever weights are already on the machine

Old 06-21-2006, 02:39 PM
3rd Gear

those muscle whould be your traps..lol

keep up the good work man and you should see even more results, just dont get discuraged when you hit your first wall, when you first start out you get great results at first then it slows down, when it slows down just change your workouts a bit and eat a bit more.. most people hit there first wall and get discuraged and quit.. dont be one of those guys..

Old 06-21-2006, 02:48 PM
5th Gear

what do you mean by 'hit a wall'? like your body just gets burnt out? or your mind maybe?

Quick Reply: the GYM THREAD (oohhhhhhhhhhh)