Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic. Almost anything goes.

the GYM THREAD (oohhhhhhhhhhh)

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-2006, 01:24 AM
2nd Gear
Default RE: slow morning

My problem is when I work out I don't seem to gain much muscle mass [:@]. A year ago I did a program that was 4 days a week for 10 weeks and we did cardio for the first hour and then lifting for the second hour and at the end of the 10 weeks I didn't really even notice much of a difference. Anyone have any tips that would help me out?

Old 06-13-2006, 01:50 AM
3rd Gear

well first off heavy cardio be or even after you lift is not a good idea.. cardio and or working out raises your cortisol levels and that is not a good thing for gaining mass. a really hard core lifter will break up his cardio by day or will break it up wth atleast 6 hours in between work outs meeing doing cardio in the am and lifting in the pm..

you need to eat to grow.. what is your diet like.. also your not going to notice anything after 10 weeks anyway unless your on something.. it take a long time to grow mass keep in mind the normal athleat who lifts only gains on average between 8-15lbs of lean mass a year..

also remember every body is different, a diet and a work-out plan that works great for one person dose not mean its going to work for you.. it takes a while to figure out what type of diet works best.. keep in mind a good lean bulk diet should consister of 6-8 small meals a day keeping carbs around 100-175 and cals around 3000-4500. no soda no juice.. drink atleast a gallon of water a day and each small mean should consist of 25-40 grams of protien a day..

a good way to figure it is take your weight at 25lbs and divide that number by 6.. that should be how much protien you intake a meal.. dont use anymore then two protien shakes a day, eat real good, chicken and fish is the best..

to gain lean mass do 4- 5 Exercises a muscle group 3-4 sets go lighter to hevey(example 10,8,6,4), never do the same workout always change or rotate excercises, do the essentals bench, squat and dead lift, try to do a split that dose not have you doing a push and a pull example chest is a push day back would be a pull day dont do them together a good split would be.. this is mine

monday-bench, 30 min cardio
tuesday-lges abs
wed- shoulders 30 min cardio
thursday-tirs and bies abs
firday back
sat- cardio abs

eat your face off.. you need to eat to grow.. did i forget to say eat.. oh wait eat some more

listen to your body, if something hurts your doing it wrong, or you need a break... when you work out you are tearing muscle tissue, when it heals it grows thats how you gain size, you cant keep tearing the same musles every day thats why full body workouts suck.. dont do them.. go to bulknutrition.com and seach the forum, they know everything you will ever need to know..

the more you know, the better off you are, working out is just like everything else, you need to do research to really get good results.. and there are some really good sups on the market that can help out as well..

if i can think of anything else i will add it.. any more questions???

Old 06-13-2006, 01:54 AM
4th Gear

ORIGINAL: bentframe

i'm the parts dept mgr for Ahern Rentals (fremont, ca store)...we rent mostly high reach equipment..my job is to make sure we have all the parts/supplies/anything else we need to keep all our crap running...right now we have about 500 units coming in and out everyday. it's a fun job but it gets pretty stressful in the summer time when we get really busy. how bout you?
Yeah, and I'm the one who breaks the high lift equiptment.... Oops, wrong industry.

Old 06-13-2006, 01:58 AM
2nd Gear

Wow thanks for all the input, its really helpful. I'll check out that site right now too. How long would you say you spend at the gym each day? Oh yeah and what's so bad about juice? I drink orange juice in the morning but should I stop that?

Old 06-13-2006, 02:01 AM
4th Gear

I'm not sure what juice hes talking bout. good unaltered OJ is fine but that otherstuff has all kinds of sugers in it and ***** up your Glisemice index (yeah I know (sp?))

Old 06-13-2006, 02:11 AM
3rd Gear

Oj in the am is fine, juice has alot of natural sugar and other crap that is just no good, keep in mind a good diet even a bulking one keeps carbs around or under 200 a day, an 8oz glass of apple or grape juice has about 30-50 grams of carbs.. thats not good.. dont drink your carbs eat them.. oatmeal is good, whole grain breads, fruit, sweet potatos..

catabolic foods are sick as well, a catobolic food is a food that takes more calories to burn they they have.. i will post a link when im on my other computer at work..

i usually lift for about an hour, take like 2-3 minues between each set

and if there are alot of my freinds in the gym i will bs a bit and it will take longer.. but average is an hour..

one more thing sugar is not your friend.. and dont eat potatos, one potato has about and in some cases more carbs and calories then a bowl of ice cream... i would rather have the ice cream

Old 06-13-2006, 02:19 AM
2nd Gear

Okay so I was reading on bulknutrition.com and I decided that I am going to start off with either a 3 day a week fullbody work out or I am going to go like 4-5 days a week and do push/pull. Any input?

Old 06-13-2006, 02:28 AM
3rd Gear

if you want to gain mass stay away from the full body, if you just want to keep in shape and just maintain its ok but you wont get any bigger with a full body workout. so its really up to you.. i would go with the 4-5 day push pull that works well for just about everyone..

just remember with everything takes time. and you see yourself more than anybody else dose, so its hard to tell if your getting any bigger, just remember to try and add more weight each week and push yourself, writeing things down always helps, also take some pics every few months you will see little changes..

i have been working out for 6 years and really didnt know much till about 2 years ago, man was i doing things wrong, you really wont beleave how fast you grow if you do things write.. diet is key, cant gain anyrhing without a good diet.. the size will come its just going to take time..

you wouldnt expect your audi to run well on 87 would you.. your body is the same way, intake clean foods and your body will respond

Old 06-13-2006, 02:48 AM
2nd Gear

Okay thanks man you've been a big help! And I like your analogy at the end [8D].

Old 06-13-2006, 02:49 AM
3rd Gear

anytime.. thought i would put it in vocab you might better understand

Quick Reply: the GYM THREAD (oohhhhhhhhhhh)