Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic. Almost anything goes.

guidance on how to build comprehensive monthly and yearly budget forecasts using Powe

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-2023, 02:12 AM
1st Gear
Default guidance on how to build comprehensive monthly and yearly budget forecasts using Powe

I'm looking for guidance on how to build comprehensive monthly and yearly budget forecasts using Power BI. Any tips, best practices, or step-by-step guides you can share?

Old 09-21-2023, 09:28 AM
1st Gear

Building budget forecasts with Power BI https://acterys.com/budget-forecasting-with-power-bi/ can be incredibly powerful. Start by importing your budget data into Power BI and structuring it properly. Create a data model that includes tables for budgets, actuals, and any necessary dimensions like time periods, departments, or products. I'd recommend using DAX (Data Analysis Expressions) in Power BI to calculate budget variances and create meaningful visualizations. You can create measures to compare actuals to budgets and visualize these variances using charts or tables.

Old 09-24-2023, 08:49 AM
1st Gear

Structuring the data and using DAX for calculations sound like crucial steps. How can I make these forecasts more dynamic and user-friendly, especially for monthly and yearly comparisons?