Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic. Almost anything goes.

The GREAT AF.com 2007 E-O-Y SCAVENGER HUNT

Search this Thread

Old 12-24-2007, 11:00 PM
Senior Administrator
Default The GREAT AF.com 2007 E-O-Y SCAVENGER HUNT

[align=left]The GREAT AF.com 2007 E-O-Y SCAVENGER HUNT (hereafter referred to simply as “The HUNT.”)[/b]

Rules:[/align]
[ol][*]ANY member of AF (no matter how hated they may be) not administering to The HUNT may enter to win The HUNT as long as their account was registered PRIOR to the start of The HUNT. This includes Mods & Admins, if they so choose.[*]Jason and Jazz are the final say-so on who wins, 2nd, 3rd, etc..[*]Your entry is NOT official, and therefore no points earned can be awarded UNTIL:
[ol][*]You have posted your “entry fee” (see below).[*]You have been added to the “Official” list of participants.
^^(optional, not needed for actual entry) You donate an internal organ to be sold on eBay.[/ol][*]The HUNT ends on Saturday, January 5th, at midnight, for whatever time-zone you live in.[*]NO EXCEPTIONS[*]I said NO!!![*]STOP ASKING, the answer is STILL NO!!![*]The HUNT accepts camera-phone pics, in all cases where visual proof is required for points.
[ol][*]Falsified or forged evidence is cause for being DQ’d from The HUNT and ridiculed by your fellow AF members over, and over, and over again.[*]ONLY participants of The HUNT can call BS/Shenanigans on any other participant of The HUNT.[/ol][*]If you have been “called” on a particular item, and the claim is proven true, your points will be revoked (except for your entry points, of course), and you will have to start from scratch.[*]If your claim of shenanigans against another HUNTER/HUNTRESS is disproved, or otherwise denied, you may have all your points revoked (except for your entry points, of course), and be forced to start from scratch. So, be careful who you levy claims against! Only 1 (one) BS/shenanigans-claim per participant is allowed.[*](this number INTENTIONALLY left blank) [/ol]
[ul][*]Entry fee (good for 100 start-you-off points):
[ul][*]Picture of YOU w/your Audi (non-Audi owners are permitted to show pics of any car THEY hold title to, or a ‘Rent/Relatives car if said ‘Rent/Relative is in the Picture, too).[/ul][*]OR, for an extra 150-point head start (as opposed to the 100-points, above)…
[ul][*]150-word rant (must be exactly 150 words, any format) denouncing rice’d-out-rides (must include pic of YOU standing next to an example of the breed). Try to be original in your thinking, OK?[/ul][*]Regular points (worth 100 points/each):
[ul][*]Link to your VERY FIRST post, on AF. (limit 1, DUH!)[*]Picture of YOU with your arm around a Policeman AND a Fireman or Paramedic (must all be in same picture). (no limit, each pic MUST be unique)
[ul][*]Can be a picture of you in actual custody, and/or being given the breath-of-life, if you choose, but you get no bonus points for it.[*]If you ARE a Po-Po, you only get ½ points for this item.[*]If picture is from a verifiable news source/article you get 4X points for this item. [/ul][*]Link to the crappiest Audi for-sale that you can find (cannot be the HondAudi previously posted in these forums) that has not already been posted by another member of the HUNT. (no limit, NO duplicates)
[ul][*]Can be from ANYWHERE on this planet, as long as the link is ACTIVE and includes a pic of the Audi in question [/ul][*]Picture of YOU & ANY member of the opposite-sex (AR/KY/WV members are even allowed to kiss said female if female is Mom/Sis/Cuzin/etc.) in a Mall-Santa’s lap. (no limit, but, must be different Santa’s in each pic)
[ul][*]This in no way advocates Christmas, or Christianity; it is simply a photo-op.[*]2x points if YOU are the Mall Santa and there are TWO hotties on your lap.[*]4x points if you’re a Female Mall Santa and there are two hunks on your lap (hafta be fair to the ladies and/or cross dressers). Female Santa’s are rarer than hen’s teeth, hence the double-double-points. [/ul][*]Candid picture of any other AF member. (no limit, NO duplicates)
[ul][*]Any number of pictures can be submitted for points, but each must be of a different AF member.[*]Pictures cannot be staged, or taken from existing pictures here on AF or any other forum we may be a member of; nor can they be cut from members’ MySpace/FaceBook, or any other social-networking site an AF member may belong to.[*]Member’s screenname MUST be identified on the picture or in the post where the picture is 1st shown. [/ul][*]1st person to find/share the story behind and give the “title” and “name” of THIS person:
[ul][*]<<picture #1>> [/ul][*]Provide the link where THESE pictures were found:
[ul][*]<<picture #2>>[*]<<picture #3>> [/ul][*]Name these signs:
[ul][*]<<picture #4>> [/ul][*]Answer the following questions:
[ul][*]How do you catch a “unique” Rabbit?[*]How do you catch a “tame” Rabbit? [/ul][*]Autosource-online… Find it and login in for free (I’ve posted how to do so about 12 times, at least, since I’ve been a member).
[ul][*]WHICH vendor (# or name) has both a motor-home AND a viper for sale?[*]Which vendor has an Avanti II?
[ul][*]How much is it?[*]What color?[*]How many cars for this vendorend in an “I” or “1” designation?[*]How many cars for this vendor end in “II” or 2?[*]How many cars for this vendor end in “III” or 3? [/ul][*]Which vendor has the most Porsche parts cars (this is easier to find, within the website, than you think) [/ul][/ul][*]Special scoring section – Points accumulate based on how prolific you are.
[ul][*]Piccy of a numerical road sign IN YOUR AREA (15 mile radius -no limit, NO duplicates) [*]As many piccys as you feel like posting (each MUST be a different numerical road sign)[*]Grand total of ALL signs’ #’s is your score for this section.[*]Go here: http://www.variety-games.com/CW/Puzzles/763979070-puzzle.htm
[ul][*]List your answers in a post, to this thread.[/ul][*]Post your “How I got my Audi” story.[*]There will be a POLL posted with ALL Hunter/Huntress’ Screenname. This is a popularity-poll. The more votes you get, the more pointes you earn.[*]How many words can you come up with (OED words) using: www.audiforums.com?
[ul][*]Scoring for this will be by letter multiples. i.e. – FARM = 4x1x1x3 = 12 (you cannot use “farm” since I just gave you that word).[*]Per scrabble letter scoring:
[ul][*]W=4[*]A=1[*]U=1[*]D=2[*]I=1[*]F=4[*]O=1[*]R=1[*]M=3[*]S=1[*]C=3[/ul][*]To ensure no one copies off of anybody else, PM your word list to i3uddha and he will post your word scores at games end.[*]Letters can ONLY be used as many times as they are used in www.audiforums.com, per word. [/ul][/ul][*]Bonus Points – number of items submitted for bonus points cannot exceed number of items submitted for regular points. Points are worth 5 points for your 1st item {can be any from list}, double-that for your 2nd item {can be any from list}, and double-again for each successive item… The MORE you gather, the BIGGER your score):
[ul][*]Link to your first post on any OTHER forum, not auto-related (entry to said forum MUST[/i][/b] pre-date the start date of this scavenger hunt).[*]Screenname of any AF members’ profile in any other NON-Automotive forum (must post name of forum, too). [/ul][*]2X Bonus points[/i]:
[ul][*]This ones tricky. It will double your overall bonus points, BUT, 1st, 2nd, 3rd, etc will not be determined until AFTER The HUNT has completed, so pay attention!
[ul][*]Piccy of YOUR car (or whatever car you submitted a picky of, for the entry fee) decorated for the Holidays (notice I dint say Christmas, in deference to our non-Christian bretheren & sisteren) in a festive manner.[*]Most festive decorations (as determined by Jason & Jazz) gets an extra 50 points [/ul][/ul][/ul]

[/b]
***1st prize - Blue-Tooth cell-phone hands-free headset
***2nd prize - Miniature train-set [/b]
[/b]
***3rd prize - A pair of the new AF stickerzz from i3uddha
All arrive Postage-Paid
[/b]

[IMG]local://upfiles/4805/8A58C966099B46BFA90762F807C92469.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/4805/107CFFA782E44D5DA72E8C6C1EA63F98.gif[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/4805/68ABA73AFFF44BA6B46911502542CF46.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/4805/8CF6E6A6DED04671BE207C6B6222FF6F.gif[/IMG]

Old 12-25-2007, 12:51 AM
Senior Administrator
Default RE: The GREAT AF.com 2007 E-O-Y SCAVENGER HUNT

The above contest is brought to you by your Sponsors:
Jazzy-Fizzle & i3uddha-Air Productions

Old 12-25-2007, 02:55 AM
2nd Gear

Given my training and occupation, I'd be happy to offer my services as the OFFICIAL Shennanigan Investigative Team (and Director of Development). Years on the job as an OFFICIAL govt. intel. consultant and a recent switch to the private investigative sector I think qualify me for the job. Be they PhotoShop shens, temporal dissociative shens, or just plain "I smoke weeeed because of my medical condition" shens, I'm the man to spot them.

Speaking of lime-salted Coronas, how far a drive are you from Philly, Jazzerciser? I'm going to be driving out of Phill-dawg Friday night and might need a couch on which to crash.

Old 12-25-2007, 03:43 AM
Administrator

Jazz, this is the best idea ever!!!

Old 12-25-2007, 04:21 AM
3rd Gear

Wow, this is awesome!

Old 12-25-2007, 09:17 AM
1st Gear

i'm so not doing this...damn my job and its location, i'll be spectating from the other side of the planet

have fun!

Old 12-25-2007, 09:55 AM
Senior Administrator

Silver - I think you are the PERFECT Shen-stigator! Location-wise, I'm about 2-3 miles from FedEx field (of the Washingfton Deadski... Ummm... Foreski... Redskins, YEAH! That's it, RED-skins fame), but... Ummm... I don't have a couch, yet. Just a big, empty apartment. 2007 wasn't exactly kind, to me, but then again, it did give me a new job w40% pay increase, so I can't complain too much. Just haven't been able tobegin recoveringyet. Just finished getting teh boat righted. Still hafta bail it out and find the oars. But, if you don't mind sleeping on the floor (which I'm SURE you've done more times that you care to admit)...

Karl - i3uddha & me came up with this as a way to BLOW 2007 OUT with a flashy send off!

Skunk - I kno, right!

Redleg - you can make points ON and OFF line...

ALCON -
Entry fee (good for 100 start-you-off points):

Picture of YOU w/your Audi (non-Audi owners are permitted to show pics of any car THEY hold title to, or a ‘Rent/Relatives car if said ‘Rent/Relative is in the Picture, too).

OR, for an extra 150-point head start (as opposed to the 100-points, above)…

150-word rant (must be exactly 150 words, any format) denouncing rice’d-out-rides (must include pic of YOU standing next to an example of the breed). Try to be original in your thinking, OK?

Old 12-25-2007, 12:30 PM
2nd Gear

ORIGINAL: AWDaholic

Silver - I think you are the PERFECT Shen-stigator!
I do solemnly swear to uphold the position of OFFICIAL Shen-stigator to the best of my abilities, to not let jail-bait distract me from my course, to never allow evil and it's doers to infiltrate our fine contest, to maintain a policy of non-anti-honestness, to redefine "glasnost" in concordance with AF.com's OFFICIAL Great 2007E-I-E-I-O ScavengerHunt thingy, that niether wind nor rain nor sleet or even a stiff north-easterly breeze shall stay me from my appointed path, to work vigilently and dilligently and Bruce Lee for as long as Shens need an investigative eye. Oh and I'm going to need Friday and Saturday off.

2007 wasn't exactly kind, to me,
Tell me about it, I feel you.

But, if you don't mind sleeping on the floor (which I'm SURE you've done more times that you care to admit)...
Amon hadda yakatcha bow-t dat.

Old 12-26-2007, 09:30 AM
Senior Administrator

OK, to sweeten teh pot, the 1st person to "register" gets 250 ADDITIONAL starter points, on top of however many points they woud get based on their "entry-fee." 2nd registrant gets 200; 3rd gets 150, etc., etc..

I'll post pics of the prizes late this evening and i3uddha'll get a pic up of the AF stickerzz as soon as he gets a chance to do so.

What'r'ya, SCARED?!?!?

Old 12-26-2007, 11:08 AM
2nd Gear

My entry (dont count those words or the ones saying you should not count those words .... fVck it you get the idea)

Ricers are annoying, they are usually driven by the biggest ***** a$$ fagg*ts ever and the worst part is these people (usually teenagers) think they are the **** for driving them. The funny part is they are “****”. They are usually pimpled faced queers that work at the local burger king and take pleasure in spitting in peoples burgers and talking about that “mad hot shorty that I almost got with b/c she looked at me when we were passing in the mall”. The mall by the way is their preferred gather point where they rev their lawnmower engines outside and talk about which females want their nuts and why. There cars are actually lawn mowers that were converted into street legal vehicles. They are likely to have shitty *** speakers that can shake there plastic body kits with stupid designs on the side. (Thank you 2 fast 2 furious).

Quick Reply: The GREAT AF.com 2007 E-O-Y SCAVENGER HUNT