Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic. Almost anything goes.

Graduating college = cool presents

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2009, 12:09 AM
Default Graduating college = cool presents

Well. I just Graduated from College on Saturday 6-13-09. Oregon State University, B.S. in Speech Communications with my emphasis on management and negotiation communications. It was a fun 5 years, but it had to come to and end My parents can now enjoy more of their money on themselves instead of spending it on me to get all edjuhmakated

But anyways, got some cool gifts, money towards gifts for myself, and a new HU from State Farm from an accident here's some pics of that i've got done so far...

First. my mom ordered me a Thule M.O.A.B. (and she put the lil grad antenna ball on, so ill entertain her over the weekend when she comes down to help move me from my college town where i am currently located)

Second. my new license plate frame my gf put on for me

third. Before i knew Ins. was paying for the kenwood ddx514, my gf ordered my the garmin dock, so.. i opted for the non nav unit (nav ready tho) from kenwood and will keep this set up for awhile, i like the look of 2 screens, kinda cool imo.Name:  P1020658.jpg
Views: 50
Size:  128.6 KBName:  P1020659.jpg
Views: 61
Size:  125.8 KB

forth. with some of grad money, snagged up a set of Focal Access 165 A1's for the front of the X, i am getting the same speakers but in the coax version for the rear doors. i have a JL 10w3v2 sittin at home, will have a custom stealth style box built, and more than likely get an Alpine PDX5 5-channel amp for separates, coax, and sub.

fifth. Needed new rubbers. so I shopped around and decided to go with the wild country xtx sport, 265/70/17's. Was gunna get the BFG All Terrain's, I had them on my jeep and when i am at work in the summers i sell them at Costco all the time, but... These were a lil cheaper $843, and they have a 50,000 mi warranty, whereas BFG has none. Plus these also have the mountain snow flake so I can use them as a winter traction device here in Oregon.

Thats all for now. wanna get the system in and rockin, and paint the wheels eventually.

Old 06-25-2009, 01:13 AM
1st Gear

Btw I am a huge Beavers fan.myself. I have rooted for them before I even went to Rutgers (in state owns). My fiance bought me a jersey for my birthday, congrats I still can't believe they didn't total the X. Good luck on your future endevors. What do you plan on doing now?

Old 06-25-2009, 04:21 AM
3rd Gear

Hey congrats Chris! Thats a lot of good stuff and you really deserve it for all of the work! Hopefully in four years when I graduate from OSU I'll have a thread like this :]

Oh yeah, and GO BEAVS!

Old 06-25-2009, 08:19 AM
6th Gear

congrats on entering the real world and on your accomplishment, I'm sure they were a fun filled 5 years.

Go Bucks, the OSU

Old 06-25-2009, 12:39 PM
5th Gear

Congrats dude. I graduate in 1 year hehe. that's an awesome double screen setup, looks like it belongs and makes you look like a boss hehe

Old 06-27-2009, 12:31 PM

Originally Posted by jzobie
I still can't believe they didn't total the X. Good luck on your future endevors. What do you plan on doing now?
Fer real mang, they were going to total it if the initial estimate was over $12-ish, the estimate was about $11,400. The total bill after getting everything fixed, stereo replacement, air bags re-wired after a faulty wiring harness, was about $14,100.

As far as now, I am transferring to another Costco (i have worked there for 6.5 years, I started after H.S., stayed home for 2 years cuz i didnt know what i wanted to do with school. So when i cam to school, Costco has let me transfer to a WHSE close to my college, work 3-4 days per week/end, then transfer back to my home during the summers, they've been hella good to me, it worked out perfectly, cuz my parents told me If i keep my job all thru school, they will pay tuition, books, insurance, and cell, then i pay for rent, car, and food. so it balances out nicely, so for that i am grateful as well.

But yea, i am transfering to the Tigard, OR. whse for now, sent my resume, letter of interest, and am getting a few letter of recommendations to send to Corporate up in Issaquah, WA. They have a great program to interview recent college grads, so i will interview up there and my dream is to get in with the buying Dept. Buyers have sick jobs and get paid damn good for it too.

until then, i will keep doing what i do, working on the front end of costco, boxing groceries, working membership, and i will re-certify in the tire shop (cuz i did that for roughly 4 years, and have taked a 2.5 break from it) and i will just wait it out and see if i can get up to corporate

Originally Posted by ssbaudi
Hey congrats Chris! Thats a lot of good stuff and you really deserve it for all of the work! Hopefully in four years when I graduate from OSU I'll have a thread like this :]

Oh yeah, and GO BEAVS!
Hey thanks Neil, I appreciate it.