Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic. Almost anything goes.

GP of China

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-2006, 07:18 AM
2nd Gear
Default GP of China

Schumacher wins and ties Alonso in the Drivers Championship....

Who thinks Michael gonna win championship #8?

Or do you think Alonso gonna get his act together and win the next two???

Suzuka Japan is next. Then they cross the pond and race in Brazil... this is gonna be awesome.!.!

GO! Scott GO![sm=americanasmiley.gif][sm=americanasmiley.gif][sm=americanasmiley.gif][sm=americanasmiley.gif]

Old 10-01-2006, 08:31 AM
2nd Gear
Default RE: GP of China

i can't see fernando beating michael at this point. ferrari has had all the momentum since the usgp really. as much as i want fernando to win it again, i really don't see it happening. the interesting part, as well, is to see how massa and fisi help out w/ the manufacturers title. massa looked lost out there today. maybe michael wins the driver's title and renault wins the manufacturers....

Old 10-01-2006, 09:07 AM

although alonso is an awesome driver i think michaels record speaks for itself here. I will be putting my money on michael.

Old 10-01-2006, 04:05 PM
4th Gear

MS is the best driver in F1 history and has the record to prove it. (waits to cringe at obligatory mention of Senna)

Coming from 6th to win that race in those conditions - he's the greatest.

Unless Ferrari starts to suffer mechanical failures, MS will beat Alonso this year.

Old 10-01-2006, 04:14 PM
2nd Gear

Anyone been to the USGP..?

I've twice had the honor of watching Schumacher at work..? Amazing.. Simply amazing..

PS

dear good enspire VW/Audi/Porsche to start an F1 team....

Old 10-01-2006, 04:22 PM
4th Gear

I haven't made it to the USGP. I like the course in Canada better, so I may try it first.

Audi and Porsche are both spending a lot on racing right now and doing so in a way that helps boost cars sales. I doubt they want to play the F1 game right now. It would stil be cool if they did though.

Old 10-01-2006, 04:31 PM
2nd Gear

i'll throw in my word for senna, it would have been amazing to see him take on schumi from 94-2000 or so, which i would guess would have been about the time he would have retired. he probably could have walked away with 6 championships and i would guess schumi would be chasing his sixth right now to retire with an equal number. that would have been amazing, but we can only speculate.

i've been to the USGP the last three years. so i've seen three schumi wins. i've had a great time every year. though i'm still pissed about michelin gate in 2005. i think i'm doing montreal this year as well. the only negative is it's back to back with indy. so i'll put some miles on the car but see some great racing.

i think you can see a lot more of the indy track from your seat than you can at canada. we sit in turn 6 in the infield and i think they're the best seats there. if you sit towards the top you can see corners 1-8, which is amazing. anyone have tips on where to sit in montreal?

i would love to see an audi f1 team. holy crap, that would be amazing. i can picture the car: silver with red and yellow trim like the r10. put sebastian vettel in a seat and you've got a great, young german driver to build everything around. wow, i'm getting excited.

sorry for the long post, but i get excited when i actually find people to talk f1 with. i have one buddy that follows it pretty closely, but everyone else i know is like "is that just like nascar?"

Old 10-01-2006, 05:14 PM
2nd Gear

Fu<k NASCAR....
Carburetors....? It's not the 70's

F1/Le Mans/ and pretty much any sports car racing is where you'll find me...
anyone have tips on where to sit in montreal?
My sister, and her husband went last year.. They sat at turn 3 and said they had great seats...

At the USGP I've sat at turn 9/10/11 complex.. I really enjoy the end of the front stretch right at turn 1... Remember when Alonso smashed through the foam barrier at turn 1... Yha I was right there.. That was 3 years ago..

Old 10-01-2006, 05:44 PM
2nd Gear

f nascar indeed, i have no interest in that crap.

i still enjoy champ car, but the quality of the racing has gone down so much the last five/six years. we need one american open wheel series, but that's a whole discussion to be had another time.

yes, i remember alonso smashing through the barrier as well. i think it was two years ago though, in 2004.

Old 10-01-2006, 05:48 PM
2nd Gear

It was three USGPs ago.. this year was well this. Last year was the Michelin tire deal... Then the year before I was there.

Quick Reply: GP of China