Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic. Almost anything goes.

The government is cornholin' me...

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2008, 07:39 PM
1st Gear
Default RE: The government is cornholin' me...

yeah i used to have a job to pay for the performance parts inthe car i was making bank too! in the ONE month i worked the gov took $884 from me! yeah its pretty dissapointing wish i had that money now haha
heloman prob thinks promaine is a younger version of him or something..hes not taking away your glory man!

Old 04-27-2008, 08:14 PM
1st Gear

nah, just woke up hung over and started being an *** cause I couldn't sleep. Feel bad about it, usually my etiquette is better. He's cool.

Old 04-27-2008, 08:20 PM
1st Gear

ORIGINAL: 01A4T

what kind of job do you have where you are making less than 300 bucks a paycheck? How in the world do you survive and pay bills or anything?Sounds to me like you need a better paying job....................
It's weekly, and 2.) I'm still in high school. I don't have an overhead....

Old 04-27-2008, 08:32 PM
5th Gear

UpstateA4, the BS taxes in NY finally got to me, and I MOVED! I'm in Vermont now!

NY state can't figure out why they cant keep people and businesses in the state, gee, is it that hard? Tax the hell out of everyone, and I'm sure people will flock to the state.

After taxes, 401K, etc, I had almost 30% of my paycheck gone before it even reached my pocket. I did a lot of stuff under the table though for extra cash, and for 6 months before I moved, held a job that paid $10/hr as per diem, which is untaxed. That was a relief.

In Vermont now, I get to make track accessories for Porsche/Audi/BMW, so I like my job AND it pays pretty well. Huge relief getting out of NY.

Old 04-27-2008, 08:38 PM
Administrator

Yeah, you made the right move. I doubt I'll be leaving though - only been in my house a little under 5 years, and although I now have residential custody of my kids, we're still in a joint custody arrangement and to be honest, I don't want to remove the kids from their mother's life - she's still their mom and I won't do that to them. But I feel you on the taxation. Hell, for awhile, after taxes, benefits costs, 401k, and child support were deducted, and I had paid my mortgage, I was seeing 35% of my gross pay actually hit the bank. That hurts.

Old 04-27-2008, 08:42 PM
6th Gear

just a fun aside.....did anyone else besides me think of the game cornhole when they read the title.

I know it's an Ohio game and everywhere else seems to not know WTF it is, but I love the game.

Old 04-27-2008, 08:50 PM
5th Gear

Sounds slightly familiar, but still eludes me. Care to enlighten us about this game?

As for moving, its just me, no family of my own. I was somewhat happy doing the telecom work I was doing right before I moved, not much thought into doing anything else, other than some of the older guys that had been with the company for years said it looked like things were starting to go downhill, and not to get too comfortable working there. I had a friend who started at Rennline right out of college text message me one day, asked if I wanted to take over their waterjet position. I checked the place out, thought about it for about a week, accepted, and after my 2 week notice was up, I moved.

Life changing decision, and the whole deal goes down in less than a month. I like living like that. Hell, I could quit and move to alaska, and short of boxing up my crap, it wouldn't really bother me a bit.

Old 04-27-2008, 08:54 PM
1st Gear

Colin, I am from Dayton and went to school in Athens. We still play cornhole down here in Alabama.

Old 04-27-2008, 08:56 PM
6th Gear

http://www.cornholeparty.com/

it's an awesome game to play on game day.

Old 04-28-2008, 12:27 AM
1st Gear

ORIGINAL: CAB509

http://www.cornholeparty.com/

it's an awesome game to play on game day.
That's a joke... Right?

Quick Reply: The government is cornholin' me...