Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic. Almost anything goes.

The government is cornholin' me...

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2008, 10:11 PM
1st Gear
Default The government is cornholin' me...

Okay, so I got tired of... "Dad, I love you, a lot, can I plese have some gas money...". So I went out to get a job... yesterday was my first pay check ever and the gross pay was for 278 and change, I saw 222 of that, minus like 52 bucks for this "EMSP" or somthing service.... That comes out once a year... So I know know what that feels like.... Just my rant...
YES!

Old 04-26-2008, 10:17 PM
3rd Gear
Default RE: The government is cornholin' me...

Your life is better because you pay taxes. Or, until now, because other people pay taxes.

Old 04-27-2008, 01:18 AM
4th Gear

ORIGINAL: Texas_Pete

Okay, so I got tired of... "Dad, I love you, a lot, can I plese have some gas money...". So I went out to get a job... yesterday was my first pay check ever and the gross pay was for 278 and change, I saw 222 of that, minus like 52 bucks for this "EMSP" or somthing service.... That comes out once a year... So I know know what that feels like.... Just my rant...
YES!
Tell me your lying..

Thats life man.[>:]

Old 04-27-2008, 01:41 AM

Yeah, thats just how it is.
Don't die and you can collect some of it back when you get old.

Old 04-27-2008, 02:30 AM
2nd Gear

audi and no job huh

Old 04-27-2008, 05:45 AM
1st Gear

I pay over$500 a month in FICA, Medicare, and Social Security. And contrary to what that kid above me thinks, you will NEVER see any Social Security when you get older because it will be gone by then. And I have health insurance, so basically I'm paying for health care for people who can't afford it themselves. Welcome to being an adult. There are 3 things you can count on in life: life, death, and taxes. Shut up and deal with it. And yeah, you have an Audi, but no job? Do you live at home? I was working in Junior high, man, when I was too young to drive.

Hey Promaine, you look like a tool in that pic. If you're gonna post a pic posing by your car, do something cool. And buy some new shoes.

Old 04-27-2008, 09:12 AM
Administrator

Wait til the time comes (if it does) that you have to pay baby rent (aka child support) - they'll take 17% of your gross income for one child, 25% for two, etc. But that gross percentage is deducted from your net pay. Until recently, I was paying 25% (two toddlers, but I just got custody -WOOT!!! So much happier to have them live with me, and not because of the baby rent - that'll go for daycare during the summer, so don't think my priorities are messed up). I was paying out 25% of my gross income, but that dollar figure came out of my net, after taxes, benefits, etc were paid. Don't feel bad about what you're paying - it's intended for your benefit. I have no problem paying taxes as long as the basic social infrastructure is maintained with it. What I do have a problem with is my school district screwing up their budget, ending up $3 million short, and putting up to vote a plan to raise my school taxes by 14.44% (which I already pay $1860, so tack on that additional amount and it steams my oysters). The worst part is that there's really no way out of it - if the budget is defeated in the vote next month (which it likely will be) the school has said that they'll fall back on a government contingency vote that will raise the taxes by 12.15% instead. So either way, we're screwed. F*cking government and schools and everything need to learn to live within a budget like individuals do. High schools don't need astroturf football fields, sorry - it's a luxury, not a necessity. NY is the worst for taxes.

</rant>

Old 04-27-2008, 09:17 AM
1st Gear

NY is pretty bad but Kentucky kills me. Not only do i pay 20% taxes on Fed and State, but i Pay municiplity taxes for not only where i live but where I WORK. I end up paying just shy of 28% of my wages in taxes. It's not only ridiculous, but unconstitutional, as i am not allowed to vote in the municipaltiy that I work in. Sounds an awful lot like taxation without representation.

Old 04-27-2008, 09:21 AM
Administrator

That's pretty screwed up to have to pay in the area you work, when you don't live there. How do they get away with that? Hopefully Albany doesn't find out about that, or NY will adopt that idea too.

Old 04-27-2008, 11:09 AM
6th Gear

ORIGINAL: sdsteez

audi and no job huh

It can happen, he does have a 12v. Also I have an Audi with a Summer Job only right now.

As for taxes, yeah there a b***h but they are needed and they do help. And I don't expect to see any of my money I put into Social Care, I have stocks and investments for my retirement, and once I get a steady job, I'm gonna get a Roth IRA going for a nest egg for me when I'm old.

Quick Reply: The government is cornholin' me...