Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic. Almost anything goes.

Got in a wreck today.... Pics

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2009, 11:11 PM

Wowzers.. Ins called me today to tell me the damage.

$11,450. its not totaled. Ins thought about it but the shop told them no, too nice and low miles, they said everything can be replaced.

but check this... Ins lady told me just under $4000 for airbags. damn. i did not think that much.

anyways gotta go in tomorrow to the body shop and ill get a copy of the estimate, scan it, and post it for all to see.

Old 04-29-2009, 11:21 PM
6th Gear

**** that is a decent amount for what got hit. Glad it's not totaled though.

Old 04-30-2009, 02:35 AM

yea man, im glad its not totalled too. i woulda been sad.

until i get mine fixed i get to roll this beast around. luckily i don't have to do the whole rental car deal, my GF drove me back home from school yesterday, about 2h45m to get one of my family's business rigs, lil '07 Chevy aveo, its straight gangsta... manual everything, 5 speed, am/fm radio only. but it gets good mileage so that'll be nice for a change for awhile.

Old 04-30-2009, 12:01 PM
2nd Gear

dam that rolla help up pretty well. good thing it wasnt more serious n everyones ok, **** can get bad in the rain man

Old 04-30-2009, 02:04 PM

So.. just went to the body shop to get a copy of the itemized statement. The owner of the body shop told me i am lucky that i have state farm because they are one of the few companies that allow a body shop to replace all parts with OEM stuff. so thats good, all parts are coming from a nissan place. EXCEPT the radiator. he said that sometimes companies dont make their own radiators and have outside companies make them, so on the itemized statement it shows a recylced part. that is the only non-OEM part, anyone know anything about this, if nissan does or doesnt, or whatever???

so yea, overall total: 11,454,93, minus my $500 deductible, 10,454.93.

I guess the crush box on the frame on the drivers side will just be pulled back into place, and the body mount will be fixed. he said the mount itself holds no safety purposes, just for the body parts.
*sorry pics are lil blurry, only had my phone not real camera

Name:  4-30-09.jpg
Views: 54
Size:  93.2 KB

Old 04-30-2009, 04:13 PM
2nd Gear

Dude, I've been there, and it was with a Toyota too! My last car suffered throug two car accidents. The one that was like yours was right after it had rained as well. I was about to go through a fresh yellow and the car in front of me was already in the intersection. As I was going, all of a sudden, he stops in the middle of the intersection and I jam on the brakes. A 1994 Dodge Spirit doesn't exactly slow down very easill so I slammed into the back of him. 10 to fifteen seconds later, an emergency vehicles drives through the intersection and AROUND us.

Apparently, this douche bag stopped for them.... in the middle of their path. ******* GAY. Luckily, everyone was ok and the responding officer on the scene said that since there was minimal damage to his car it was NOT a car accident and let us go. My car had a pouty lip for the rest of it's functional days (2 years).

Old 06-08-2009, 05:29 PM

So. I got my X back last Wednesday and all was well until I came home and grabbed my Cd's and went for a drive. They had put a used stereo in it (rockford fosgate/ SE model X) which i was fine with as long as it was fully functional since the original one was ruined in the crash. Well the one they out in wasn't working, so i went back to the body shop today and here is what happened: (sick actually)

They were like well we can go ahead and order a new one from Nissan. I asked why? they were like well we need to put a new one in so it is to your satisfaction. and i was like, well, Nissan charges $1070 for the fosgate stereo in this model, why spend that much on something that is basically bland and boring, the owner of the shop looked at me and was like, you can buy something much better for about the same price now-a-days eh? i was like yea, u sure can

So, he told me to go to the local stereo store and shop for what i wanted with $1000 buying power. so that's exactly what i did. So tomorrow i am having this installed. http://www.crutchfield.com/S-1iLd2i9...n-KVT-614.html. The body shop is charging state farm for the cost of it, and telling them they decided to go aftermarket because it is cheaper than stock, and because it is a reoccuring issue, they made the choice to go aftermarket instead of OEM

so yea, the stereo store dropped the price of the kenwood down to 700 for me so they could factor in the install, wiring harnesses, etc. keeping the bill at exactly $1000.

plus they are going to bypass the park crap so the dvd player will be functional when the car is out of park or what not.

SICK

happy graduation to me (since i graduate college Saturday).

Only thing i have to pay for is the $40 ipod cable, o no!

Now, i just gotta order this: http://www.kenwoodusa.com/Car_Entert...ation/KNA-G510 that way i wont need the Garmin 760 that I have now anymore and can have it all integrated as one. should be sick.

Last edited by mctavish11; 06-08-2009 at 06:03 PM.
Old 06-08-2009, 08:51 PM
5th Gear

congrats on graduation and getting the car back. that's awesome what they're doing for you, just makes you want to get into another one doesn't it lol

Old 06-08-2009, 11:27 PM

Originally Posted by hiwords
congrats on graduation and getting the car back. that's awesome what they're doing for you, just makes you want to get into another one doesn't it lol
haha. thanks man, graduation is on sat, feels weird, turned in my one and only final this morning and i walked away in a very surreal state of mind, was bitter sweet.

but besides that, back to focus of this topic, yea man... i am more than impressed with what the body shop has done to help me, and what state farm is paying for all repairs to the X were done with OEM parts (state farm's say-so) no gimmicky aftermarket ish... and then when they were replacing the stereo with a used one, they were a lil hesitant, but i said go ahead, and i am glad i did, cuz had they just bought the brand new one, and i had not had the problems i had over the weekend, i would not have gotten the deal i got today.

There are def. better flip out units out there, but... since i am not paying a dime for this one, who the f*** cares . The stereo told me that the KNA-G510 from kenwood would be about $500, but i found it on amazon for about $300, so ill order that hopefully within the next few weeks, plus i have two buddies that are professional stereo nerds, so they can just hook it up for me as well for a case of beer. Its sick cuz the G510 is powered by Garmin, so it will function the same as my Garmin i have now, so i cant complain about that either.

Old 06-09-2009, 12:17 AM
4th Gear

Oh.. State farm is absolutely great when it comes to actually paying out. With several houses and cars, I've gotten about 3x more in pay out than I put in over the last 18 years....

Glad to see your ok, the cars ok, and CONGRATS on the graduation!

Quick Reply: Got in a wreck today.... Pics