Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic. Almost anything goes.

Got pulled over last night when I shouldn't have by an a-hole cop.

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-2008, 01:59 AM
1st Gear
Default Got pulled over last night when I shouldn't have by an a-hole cop.

Last night, I left a party and took my friend home. I know I couldn't have had any more than one beer, because I only played two games of beer pong which I had won, and not to forget I had a partner to drink the equal amount of cups out of the 2 beers too. I was barely even tipsy.
Anyway, on my way back home after taking my friend home, I am coming up to a red light, and a cop comes pass me in the other lane as I do so. As he is in the lane to go straight, I move into the right turn lane. As soon as I take my right turn, he puts on his lights and comes to pull me over.
His reason to pull me over was because of my tint, but obviously he saw a teenage driver in the car during a night where there are many parties going on.
After he says my tint is illegal, he immediately transitions to asking if I've drank or anything. At first, I said I had none to drink, then he says how he smells it and says if I lie it will only be worse. So I ended up saying I had 2 beers and a quarter, but I lost the idea that I had a partner drinking beers too so I know for sure that I did not have 2 beers worth. I know, dumb of me to even admit to him. But back to the point.
He gives me a sobriety test, which I pass perfectly with no problem. But then he arrested me for minor consumption of alcohol and minor operation of a vehicle after consuming alcohol. When he took my breathalyzer, it ended up being 0.01.
I'd like to know what you guys think about this, and what I should be saying when I get to court in 30 days.
Also what I don't understand is, he pulled me over for my tint.... I've been pulled over twice before for tint. The first time was in my truck, and the rear windows had a 20%, and the front had about 40 or 50%. The cop said nothing about my back windows, but he said I cannot have tint on my front ones which I totally understood.
When I got the Audi, the same thing happened, and I took off the tint on the front windows, so there is absolutely no tint on the front windows. But last night, the cop was on me about my back windows being tinted. Well, everyone's got their back windows tinted. And when he checked the amount of light that goes through them, it ended up being 44%, he said they must let 75% light in for it to be legal. Well not what it says here: http://www.legis.state.ak.us/basis/g...8C&session=25p or here http://www.tintdude.com/laws.html
or anywhere else for Alaska Tinting Laws. It says the amount of light on the back windows must let 40% light in.
I don't know what this ******* cop was thinking, but what can I do about this when I get to court?

Last edited by 5L1K; 12-14-2008 at 02:07 AM.
Old 12-14-2008, 02:54 AM
2nd Gear

i know a guy.....but he's expensive........

j/k

sometimes you just want to bash his skull in, BUT he's a cop, so you cant.
i got pulled over once for a total BS call, just like you...i wasnt a minor, who had been drinking though....so yea different circumstances

let us know how it turns out....

Last edited by m6amba; 12-14-2008 at 03:55 AM.
Old 12-14-2008, 03:09 AM
5th Gear

wow that's total bullshit. make sure you do your homework well, print the laws out so you can show the judge. also did the cop write down the 44% when he did the test? if so you have another ally. idk about the breathalyzer law in alaska but in NY, any amount means you're in deep s hit lol

Old 12-14-2008, 03:18 AM
1st Gear

So the cop figured you were a kid who had been drinking and then driving and he was right. He needs an excuse to pull you over.. well if you get a a ticket for the tint that's not right but as for the minor consumption and operating a vehicle I can't feel sorry for you.

Old 12-14-2008, 03:27 AM
1st Gear

Originally Posted by hiwords
wow that's total bullshit. make sure you do your homework well, print the laws out so you can show the judge. also did the cop write down the 44% when he did the test? if so you have another ally. idk about the breathalyzer law in alaska but in NY, any amount means you're in deep s hit lol
Naw, he didn't write me a ticket for the tint, but the fact that he pulled me over for something not even illegal and told me it was illegal shouldn't be acceptable

Old 12-14-2008, 03:59 AM

that sucks dude. hope you get it taken cared of in court.
last year i was at a party at a friends house and some a$$hole called the cops on us (i wont get into that) well the cops came (most of us were underage) the party got busted and all that good stuff (its actually a really funny story where i almost got arrested for a DUI but its too long so i'll just get to the point here) so i was talkin to the cop and he told me the the legal limit to drive was a .08 ( i knew that) but since i was underage (and i wasn't supposed to be drinkin at all) the limit is .02 (to get 'minor in posesion...') and he even said that 'a person with bad bread could very well go over that (.02)" so thats pretty stupid that you got that sh|t for .01! you should be able to get out of it! hopefully

Old 12-14-2008, 04:17 AM
1st Gear

Originally Posted by mexican47
that sucks dude. hope you get it taken cared of in court.
last year i was at a party at a friends house and some a$$hole called the cops on us (i wont get into that) well the cops came (most of us were underage) the party got busted and all that good stuff (its actually a really funny story where i almost got arrested for a DUI but its too long so i'll just get to the point here) so i was talkin to the cop and he told me the the legal limit to drive was a .08 ( i knew that) but since i was underage (and i wasn't supposed to be drinkin at all) the limit is .02 (to get 'minor in posesion...') and he even said that 'a person with bad bread could very well go over that (.02)" so thats pretty stupid that you got that sh|t for .01! you should be able to get out of it! hopefully
hmmmm.. so would it be possible if I said I didn't even drink at all at court? Will the cop that pulled me over be attending as well?

Old 12-14-2008, 04:37 AM
2nd Gear

i was gonna say....a 0.01%?

i figured if you had a swig of nyquil in the last 2 weeks you'd blow at least that...hell even bad breath like mexican said...geez.....even though you WERE stupid to drive after you drank anything since you are underage...the numbers he has for both the tint, and the breathalyzer SHOULD be enough to get you off....
50/50 chance the cop shows....they often dont for very small tickets...but if he's a real ******* he might, just to try and stick it to you....

and next time, you'll be a little smarter right?
we dont want you or the car hurt.....

Old 12-14-2008, 04:45 AM
1st Gear

Originally Posted by m6amba
i was gonna say....a 0.01%?

i figured if you had a swig of nyquil in the last 2 weeks you'd blow at least that...hell even bad breath like mexican said...geez.....even though you WERE stupid to drive after you drank anything since you are underage...the numbers he has for both the tint, and the breathalyzer SHOULD be enough to get you off....
50/50 chance the cop shows....they often dont for very small tickets...but if he's a real ******* he might, just to try and stick it to you....

and next time, you'll be a little smarter right?
we dont want you or the car hurt.....
lol yes yes. I knew I wasn't seriously impaired or anything so I thought it'd all legit. But man anything goes. A friend of mine has an '07 BMW 3 series that his mom bought him for 35k. He drives with it every weekend drunker than s*** and does stupid things while he does so like purposely swerve on people while speeding. But man it really hurts cuz I got my license taken away last night, but I got my halo projector headlights that I been trying to get for 3 months now in the mail today...

Last edited by 5L1K; 12-14-2008 at 04:59 AM.
Old 12-14-2008, 06:26 AM

Damn! What an ******* cop! He had the nerve to arrest an underage drinker who lied to him during a traffic stop. What a jerk!

Grow up.
Learn that you'll eventually pay if you're going to play.
Do you not realize that driving is a privilege?
Apparently, you've never lost anyone to a driver who "was barely even tipsy", etc.

Quick Reply: Got pulled over last night when I shouldn't have by an a-hole cop.