Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic. Almost anything goes.

Got pulled over last night!!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2009, 04:52 PM
2nd Gear
Default Got pulled over last night!!!

So I got pulled over last night for a tail light.
Cop ran my plates and license and it appears that my insurance company canceled my coverage and reported to DMV. DVM suspended the plates and my license because of the insurance. I moved recently and i guess i forgot to switch the address at the DMV. Mail was never turned to me because my ex roommate is an ******* and been throwing everything away. Cops towed my car to the impound, gave me 4 tickets 1: tail light being out 2: suspended insurance 3: suspended car registration 4: suspended license.
My question is on monday im going to my insurance and DMV and taking everything taken care of. What about the court thats due on Feb 9th? Will this hurt me big time or they will understand why this turned out to be domino effect??? If anyone has any ideas please help me out on what to do or whats going to happen? Thanks

Old 01-24-2009, 04:58 PM
4th Gear

Ouch.. ******* cops.

What a mess hope it turns around for ya.

Old 01-24-2009, 05:24 PM
1st Gear
Unhappy Nothing much can happen

Well a similar situation happened to me
i crashed into a lads car infront of my schoool, here in chicago

my brother was paying for my insurance and he did not tell me he had cancelled it

after i hit the lady, some ******* cop treated me like a criminal when it was abvious it was a mistake coming out( i didnt see her, it wasnt like i was going 90 mph, i barely was going 10mph)

straight to the point, (my licence was taken away in downtown chicago because my plate sticker was done, and got an insurance ticket too now that i remember) next day i was driving with a ticket when the accident happen.......
they towed my car, and gave me 3 other tickets for licsnce plate expired again

make story short, they might make u pay the insurance ticket but the rest they will throw it away if u buy the plate sticker and the other thing u said

nothing bad should happen

Old 01-24-2009, 07:58 PM
2nd Gear

well wish me luck everyone. Monday is the dooms day for me and my wallet lol