Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic. Almost anything goes.

got my L !!!!!! audi gone

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-2006, 12:37 AM
5th Gear
Default RE: got my L !!!!!! audi gone

looks sweet man, I guess your now on the dark side with me and jeff

Old 11-17-2006, 01:12 AM
3rd Gear

yep guess so, ur truck is pretty sikk also
ORIGINAL: BadLuckAudi

looks sweet man, I guess your now on the dark side with me and jeff

Old 11-17-2006, 01:14 AM
3rd Gear

Enjoy the new ride. Looks great. Wow, everyone leaving the Audi lately.

Old 11-17-2006, 01:58 AM
2nd Gear

Ever notice when somebody sells a car that is connected to a forum and gets something else, everyone says that they have joined the darkside?

Just like on the vwvortex, when a MK2 guy sells his MK2 and guys an MK3, someone says he's "gone to the darkside"

Or when a MK3 owner sells it and buys a MK2 and posts in the MK2 forum about it, they all say "welcome to the darkside" Which side is actually the dark side, and which side would I be on?

Old 11-17-2006, 02:31 AM
2nd Gear

ORIGINAL: Lazer Viking

those uglyass clear tailights were my only beef with the lightning... those red ones look good though
No ****, man. Those clear chrome things were just ******* hideous. I mean, the idea to upgrade the lights over the stock F-150 ones was a good idea, but they could have done something original, not just replicate ***-munch looking aftermarket ones and slap them on there. All it took was a little red pigment to take those things from disasterifffic to pimpskis.

And if I remember right, the 2000 version only had 360 hp. You could probably get a 2# pulley and make up that 20 hp without having to change anything else. Or get the 4# and an ECU flash that would probably get you over 400 at the crank. Or a 6# pulley, a Diablo chip, a single bore throttle body, Bassani cat-back, CAI, and a big heat exchanger with fans and you could be at 450 wheel hp and over 550 wheel torques. And all that for probably less than $3000 retail....

Old 11-17-2006, 02:41 AM
4th Gear

and you'll still have no traction, light *** end, rear wheel drive, lots of power

i like my awd

but the lightning is still i pretty sick truck

Old 11-17-2006, 02:53 AM
3rd Gear

and you'll still have no traction, light *** end, rear wheel drive, lots of power

i like my awd

traction can be fixed with a pair of slicks...........even now with my nittos i hook up pretty good.. i also have a tonnau cover so there is a lil more weight over the rear tires. ur right about the lots of power part, have u ever been in a L? you wouldnt understand if u havent riden in 1.

Old 11-17-2006, 03:17 AM
2nd Gear

i like my awd

That's what your right foot is for. If you know what you're doing and have the right set-up, it'll hook and book like anything else. The Lightning has lighter rear springs that the stock F-150 (that's why the payload capacity is dropped), so you get better weight transfer. You also have 295/45/18s, which means that you have a width of over ten inches of tread contact on each side and the large diameter of the tire also means that you have a greater contact patch. And the solid axle means you have no squat camber, the whole patch is on the ground all the time. I'll admit, it takes some skill to get through the initial half of first gear smoothly, but a couple of weeks in the truck and you know it well enough to get a nice slip rather than just spinning. And keep in mind, the "light back end" of this truck still weighs more than the back end of most cars, it IS a 4600lb truck, you remember. The launch PSI on the tread of a Lightning tire is probably greater than most light weight sports cars.

Old 11-17-2006, 05:27 AM
4th Gear

my neighbor used to have one...then he totaled it...fun as hell though

Old 11-17-2006, 06:29 PM
2nd Gear

Very nice.