Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic. Almost anything goes.

Got my house!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2008, 09:15 PM
3rd Gear
Default RE: Got my house!!

Hey, Nate, maybe you can give your flying pigs to Kemp...oh, wait, is his license still suspended?

Old 05-06-2008, 09:40 PM
Lvl-65 Sorceress: 9,571-HP/7,796-EP

nice house and looks like a great location....but somewhat risky with hurricanes. good luck on that one.

maybe you could change your name to gaTTor!

Old 05-06-2008, 11:16 PM
Site Moderator

ORIGINAL: S4sweetee

LOL! Perfect.

Old 05-06-2008, 11:56 PM
4th Gear

ORIGINAL: cincyT

If you are talking the one at navarre beach, we were just there about a month ago. Her sister lives just down the street and you can hear the bombs from the testing grounds on a quite night.

We just had the house inspection today and had a little scare. There was a wet spot on the front and they thought there was a chance of mold. We got lucky since it was just a wet spot from the gutters and not a hard fix. The girl already has a honey-do list forming so i will be busy after we get there.
Eglin AFB is not far and Hurlburt (sp?) field (special opps) is the other way. word of advice... stay out of fights in bars around there...
as for mold read up on it. There are a lot of scare mongers out there looking to play on the fears of the underinformed. Most molds are virtually harmless and easily killed with bleach and water. very few cause allergies unless a large area is effected and virtually none found in homes are toxic. if you kill it yourself, just wear a respirator and goggles and spray the **** out of it, then wipe it down. Again, read up on it beofre you deal with it.

Old 05-07-2008, 12:15 AM

Congrats on your purchase!

Old 05-07-2008, 10:17 AM
I'm make believe

ORIGINAL: S4sweetee

nice house and looks like a great location....but somewhat risky with hurricanes. good luck on that one.

We are far enough back where we dont have to worry about expensive hurricane insurance. Im sure we will still see some nice high winds and hard rain if the time comes.

As for the name, cant do that. Im not a big fan of the U of F. They have beaten my OSU in both the Football and Basketball and detest them badly

ORIGINAL: Bogie

Hey, Nate, maybe you can give your flying pigs to Kemp...oh, wait, is his license still suspended?
I have no idea about him. Im sure his method of getting out of the ticket was flawed and now stripped of his license for some time

Old 05-07-2008, 10:21 AM
I'm make believe

ORIGINAL: railrunner

Eglin AFB is not far and Hurlburt (sp?) field (special opps) is the other way. word of advice... stay out of fights in bars around there...
as for mold read up on it. There are a lot of scare mongers out there looking to play on the fears of the underinformed. Most molds are virtually harmless and easily killed with bleach and water. very few cause allergies unless a large area is effected and virtually none found in homes are toxic. if you kill it yourself, just wear a respirator and goggles and spray the **** out of it, then wipe it down. Again, read up on it beofre you deal with it.
Actually i believe Hurlburt is IN elgin. I was looking it up not to long ago. Trust me, im going no where near a fight bar, im far from a tough guy

There luckily was no mold, it was just a wet spot. The house check out very well since its only a 10yr old house, just needs some minor upkeep since i dont think its been lived in for just under a year

Old 05-09-2008, 06:09 PM
1st Gear

Navarre is awesome, man, much better than SW Ohio... I'm a native of Dayton myself. I'm stationed at Fort Rucker, about 110 miles north of Navarre right now. Dude, it gets f&%king hot down here with the humidity, so be ready for it. Like Railrunner said, lots of flyboys running around, Navy and AF alike. I'm partial to Destin myself, try AJ's on the harbor for nightlife, Funky Blues Shack for music, and Blue Point Fish Club for cheap booze and good crab dip. BTW, Fairmont kicked Miamisburg's *** my junior year in football...

Old 05-09-2008, 06:13 PM
1st Gear

BTW, Hurlburt isnot in Eglin. Eglin is farther north, abuts Hurlburt, but is separate. Hurlburt is right on 98, you can see the runway and all driving down the road. You'll see MV-22 Ospreys flying around, along with AC-130s and Pave Hawks. Plus, you'll hear the Spectres on their gunnery range ripping off their mini guns and pumping off 105 rounds at night. Super cool.

Old 05-09-2008, 08:37 PM
I'm make believe

We docked up and ate at AJ's a few weeks ago when we visited her sister for her spring break. It has really good food

Quick Reply: Got my house!!