Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic. Almost anything goes.

Good Jobs for young ppl?

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2006, 01:38 AM
Default RE: Good Jobs for young ppl?

i've been lookin' for a job also.. i turn 18 on the 23rd of feb. i don't think i know of anywhere around here that actually uses valets.. that would be awesome. im lookin' for a job to hold me over until i leave for college. is it hard to get into bartending? any money in that?

Old 02-03-2006, 01:48 AM
Administrator

the second easiest job i ever had in my life besides my current one is being a host at OLIVE GARDEN
it was a good job until i got fired[:@]
it was good pay i was getting paid 8.00 an hour to seat people and stand around and do nothin

Old 02-08-2006, 12:46 AM
2nd Gear

Sneakerpro: Bartending is a prtty well paying job, yes. You can definately make a living off that, espically when young. To say $40k+ with that kind of job isn't rediculous, though I'm not sure how easy it would be to find one that pays like that. Expect late hours. And also, as an 18 year old it becomes a little harder to get hired. It's legal, but they still prefer 21. If you get hired it'll be likely to be a night shift, til early morning.

Panda: Thanks alot man, why didn't i think of that? I could do that! I'll check some places. and.. whats your current one?

Anyone else know anything for $7.50/hr or more?

Old 02-08-2006, 01:14 AM
Administrator

i work at a chinese resturant and carter weddings and other parties, i make decent money for someone with my life style

and think u have to be 21 to be a bartender but 18 u can be the bartender stock boy or biatch

Old 02-09-2006, 04:38 AM
2nd Gear

Wtf, you're 16 years old without a job and you're already driving an Audi? Explain that one.

P.S. You CAN serve alcohol at 18.

Old 02-09-2006, 12:51 PM
2nd Gear

ORIGINAL: KiloByte

Wtf, you're 16 years old without a job and you're already driving an Audi? Explain that one.

P.S. You CAN serve alcohol at 18.
I'm without a job because I just moved. I bought the Audi from my money that I made at my old job where I used to live. Right now I'm paying the bills with money i have left over because i didnt spend every dime i have.

And yeah Panda you can bartend at 18 in most US states

Old 02-09-2006, 02:07 PM
1st Gear

man ive been there i think alot of guys have i would try to your local bodyshops they always look for younger guys to clean and prep bumpers and dew odd jobs around the shop and take up slack so the body/painters can be more productive i dont no how the hours would work out but its better than any fast food place

Old 02-22-2006, 04:33 PM
2nd Gear

ORIGINAL: shadeda4

man ive been there i think alot of guys have i would try to your local bodyshops they always look for younger guys to clean and prep bumpers and dew odd jobs around the shop and take up slack so the body/painters can be more productive i dont no how the hours would work out but its better than any fast food place
That's a hell of an idea, I'd love a job like that.

I'm going into a couple of expensive wellknown local restaurants that just got some job openings today. If nothing comes out of that i'll contact a few of the body shops i just got estimates from for bodywork on my car.

And if THAT doesn't work, it'll be Olive Garden.

Old 02-22-2006, 06:50 PM
2nd Gear

ORIGINAL: 18T

ORIGINAL: VB05

can someone please explain this "pyramid scheme" thing

A pryamid scheme is an illegal transfer of money to another person with no services being involved in exchange, its just a transfer of money.
Uh.....not exactly.
pyramid scheme noun [C] US
a way of deceiving investors in which money that a company receives from new customers is not invested for their benefit, but is used instead to pay debts owed to existing customers

Old 02-22-2006, 07:26 PM
1st Gear

caddy. thats it. thats what you have to do. of course, youll have to wait for the weather to turn around (i didnt look where you live) but i do it all summer every summer and i make up to about 25 and hour.

100 dollars for double bagging and 18 holes. 18 takes no more than 4 hours.

plus tips and tournaments.

i made over 7,000 last summer.

Quick Reply: Good Jobs for young ppl?