Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic. Almost anything goes.

Good Jobs for young ppl?

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2006, 09:09 PM
Default RE: Good Jobs for young ppl?

The deal with the need to be 18 is simple. Insurance and liabilty. Valets are insured to drive all cars, so the valets need to be 18, waiters need to be 18 so u can serve alcohol a law. I dont see the need in parts retailers but i bet its insurance realted also. I never thought about being a bell boy. I should try that at teh local hotel by me. OO it just happens to be the Montage, a very high end expensive hotel. OO and if that fails i could always go to the ritz.

Old 01-31-2006, 10:00 PM
2nd Gear

well, the average 18/o goes to college in America for one. And two, i understand what you mean, and if i were an employeer i'd pick someone whose out of school before i'd pick someone whse in school, but thats not what i'm complaining about. I complaining about there being LAWS against 16 year olds working in some places and for certain amounts of time. Here in FL it's illegal to work 8 hours on a day before a school day, so a 10AM-10PM shift on sunday is against the law for me. WHY?!

Old 01-31-2006, 10:47 PM

Yea, i Have to say i think the work limits for minors should chaneg for 16-18. And i worked 9 hr days on sundays all the time. We have that same law here too. I agree with u trust me, i hate it also but what can u do?All can do is either find a job that u like taht u can have, or a boss that doesnt give a damn what those stupid rules are.

Old 02-01-2006, 08:38 PM
2nd Gear

ORIGINAL: 18T

ORIGINAL: VB05

can someone please explain this "pyramid scheme" thing

A pryamid scheme is an illegal transfer of money to another person with no services being involved in exchange, its just a transfer of money.

THATS NOT WHAT I WAS TALKIGN ABOUT..argg...

With Fortune We get paid from the services we provide. Instead of Spending 2 million a day in advertising they spend a fraction of that with us

because of word of mouth is the best advertisement at the moment.

When a comercial comes on tv what do you do? you flip the channel and find something else to watch.

We are the number 1 reps for cingular and dish we sell more than their websites. And dish and cingular wouldnt be part of a pryamid scheme.

Dish, cingular, true essentials, MCI, broadband internet, etc..they are all in this.

true essentials is a rising vitamin company, we currently do 3.5 million$ in sales with them each month
how can i get into this thing? you dont have to be 18 do you? lol. i'm guessing i refer under you and you make a light commission? If it's a real job i can try it out

Office Depot didnt work out because they dont hire UNLESS YOU'RE 18!!!! even though they were looking for ful time AND part time workers. They have flexibility so school doesnt matter. they were hiring so many more positions that they had a table with a sign and applications out front but NO i'm not 18 so i cant put together office chairs in case i decide to eat a plastic wheel.

Old 02-01-2006, 08:46 PM
4th Gear

Become a street racer for pinks and sell all of the cars you win. Problem solved.

Old 02-01-2006, 08:55 PM
Administrator

this is what you do, u go to a elementy to middle skewl and shake down kids for their lunch money
i heard of this happening befor and OMG u dont understand how much money u can get if it is a rich area

Old 02-02-2006, 02:41 AM

today i applied at a mail boxes etc.. type place near my house. The guys just called back and even thou i only spoked with one of teh other managers (also teh co-owner/ wife of this guy), and what i said on the phone i was offered to work there for 8.75/ hr. This will do until i turn 18 and can valet at the Montage by my house and make a **** load.

Old 02-02-2006, 07:33 PM
2nd Gear

ORIGINAL: apg96

today i applied at a mail boxes etc.. type place near my house. The guys just called back and even thou i only spoked with one of teh other managers (also teh co-owner/ wife of this guy), and what i said on the phone i was offered to work there for 8.75/ hr. This will do until i turn 18 and can valet at the Montage by my house and make a **** load.
nice congrats

i'm still fvcked i'm freakin out over here my money is disapearing i'm getting kind of desperate

Old 02-02-2006, 09:38 PM
1st Gear

ckandes - if that bridge hasn't gone up in flames, why don't you just move back in with your parents ? (if they're alive, I'm terribly terrible sorry if they're not, I didn't know.....) That way you dont have to pay rent or mortgage (can a 16 year old get a mortgage, btw?) Or does living with your rents at 16 years of age just too Norman Rockwell?

Just a crazy idea...

Old 02-02-2006, 11:16 PM
2nd Gear

ORIGINAL: HansBlix

ckandes - if that bridge hasn't gone up in flames, why don't you just move back in with your parents ? (if they're alive, I'm terribly terrible sorry if they're not, I didn't know.....) That way you dont have to pay rent or mortgage (can a 16 year old get a mortgage, btw?) Or does living with your rents at 16 years of age just too Norman Rockwell?

Just a crazy idea...

Originally Posted by me
No my parents moved, i went with them. If i had moved out of the house i'd definately already have a job!
AKA I didn't move out, My parents bought a new house in a different town and WEL ALL moved into it (so no they aren't dead, thx for being smart enough to think about it though it woulda been embarrassing if you didnt and they were). I have been having a hard time finding a job in the new town

If i were to move out at this age i wouldnt do it with out making serious arrangements to pay for livin prior to it. I'm no fool. Heheh thanks for trying though, i guess i should've worded it a bit better?

Quick Reply: Good Jobs for young ppl?