Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic. Almost anything goes.

Is this a good deal (Audio)

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-2006, 04:32 AM
3rd Gear
Default RE: Is this a good deal (Audio)

i basically said that becasue i have never hear of them, they look jenaric, they are only 8" and well they look cheep... other than that.. i would have to hear them to make a definate opinion

Old 07-12-2006, 04:43 AM
3rd Gear

the amp i would agree with... i had an orion it was mint.. cought fire at a SPL contest other than that.. it was my second favorit amp.. it was an old school HCCA the long red one forgot the number still have the parts of it.. well the parts that didnt melt.. was running two SPL 170's off it and the bitch had an electrical fire.. it was crazy...

Old 07-12-2006, 04:48 AM
1st Gear

looks can be quite deceiving there is much more to be taken into consideration when looking at such things such as box size tuning and such. Dont feel like doing much thinking right now so ill just post this vid of this single 8"

http://www.realmofexcursion.com/vide...ter/rli8.1.wmv

watch the vid

and just an added fyi those subs are designed and built by the lovely folks over at tc sounds who are responsible for many name brand companies' subwoofers.

Old 07-12-2006, 04:56 AM
3rd Gear

still not all that impressed would have to see some spl numbers... its an 8" i dont care how well its tuned its never going to sound as deep as a 12" different people like a diferent sound an 8" is going to always be tight and punchy not to say it cant be loud but eveyone has a different tast, i would love to make a better argument but im so retarted right now the words just are not coming to mind that i want to use lol.. the excursion looks great, but my Mmats procast have the same excustion if not more, and the 4 mules I ran b4 they all got stolen looked even sicker... then there are the kiker round solo's i had back in the day.. now they were something else...

Old 07-12-2006, 05:07 AM
1st Gear

ORIGINAL: JohnnyBravoA4

still not all that impressed would have to see some spl numbers... its an 8" i dont care how well its tuned its never going to sound as deep as a 12" different people like a diferent sound an 8" is going to always be tight and punchy not to say it cant be loud but eveyone has a different tast, i would love to make a better argument but im so retarted right now the words just are not coming to mind that i want to use lol.. the excursion looks great, but my Mmats procast have the same excustion if not more, and the 4 mules I ran b4 they all got stolen looked even sicker... then there are the kiker round solo's i had back in the day.. now they were something else...
bolded the only areas i care about i agree with the different strokes for different folks but 8s not playing as deep as 12s is not nessecarily true. In respect to tight and punchy vs deep is all enclosure dependant. WIth the right enclosure design one can get 18's to be as tight and punchy as an 8 tis all about the enclosure. And those round solo were killer i got some on ebay late last year loved them. Ok im going to bed im tired of thinking

numbers from that car = 138.x he told me he was gonna get it over 140 but im not sure if he got around to it

Old 07-12-2006, 05:18 AM
3rd Gear

thats not bad, the best i ever did was 151.8 with my 4 mules they were sick.. but i loved my solo's the best still have my original pair.. use to work for a Boomer that did mostly kicker had them all, was running 6 xpl 10's at one point never had it tested.... but ill agree with you in part with then enclosure, but there still is no replacement for surface area. have a good night

Old 07-12-2006, 05:21 AM
3rd Gear

MTX is quality, i had two 10" MTX woofers driven by a kenwood amp in a honda and it hit real nice.

Old 07-12-2006, 05:25 AM
3rd Gear

blah i dont want to sound like a dick and im sorry if I do but dont buy MTX subs and run them off a Kenwood amp.. it will sound good till you sit in a car with better quality equipment..
ORIGINAL: VB05

MTX is quality, i had two 10" MTX woofers driven by a kenwood amp in a honda and it hit real nice.